Golf

hey suess

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

Tiger could easily be 3 under - instead sitting at even 

I'll take -1 but would loved seeing something closer to the lead. 

71 is just where he wants to be.  Most of his victories at the Masters started with him at 70.

He looked like exhausted by the end with that dead pull on 18

Smith in good shape. Scheffler can challenge

4 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

He looked like exhausted by the end with that dead pull on 18

Smith in good shape. Scheffler can challenge

Yeah he did look exhausted by the end. Not sure he’ll be able to hold up on the scorecard over four days. 

4 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

He wasnt physically ready for this but i tip my hat to him for trying

Agreed. 

He was laboring out there. I was like, man, he finally looks old. 

His head and heart are saying Go, but his body is probably saying No.

What we've found out these last two days is that Tiger will have a shot over the next five years.  He'll need to time things right with his body of course but he can still play.  He simply isn't ready this year.  Along with the physical issues the rust was also on display.  A poor shot here, a bad putt there, etc.  It all adds up at this level.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Playing Tidewater on Friday. Any of you guys played it?

2 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Playing Tidewater on Friday. Any of you guys played it?

Not i

Played our season opening par three tourney today. I have a lot of work to do on my irons…

apparently my company has a wednesday night league, which i just learned of Friday a week go. It starts Wednesday and I plan on participating. Our weather is still trash here so I am unsure if I will get any practice swings in prior to league start 

10 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Thoughts?  We're staying at Carolina beach next weekend.  Not golfing though.  We might go look at neighborhoods between Wilmington and LR.  

Excellent track. I’ll post more once I get a chance. 

• Like 1

So immaculate conditions with some quick greens that had a lot of slope and run out. Super holes along marshes, intercostal waterway, and with lots of small water hazards. Nothing negative really. If you want to nitpick you could point to a lack of isolation as houses are mostly all over. They never seemed to hurt the view though and weren’t really ever in play. Not the cheapest place. We paid $187. 

The fairways were awesome as were the greens. Made a few putts which was nice. Drove well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

3 lip outs today and still putted great.  81.  So GD close.  

You broke thru last year though, right?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah.  My course has 27 holes.  When I broke it last summer, it was with the two easier 9’s.  Today the hardest 9 was one of them and my previous best with that 9 involved was an 83.  So great day.  Conditions were perfect.  Warm, no wind, soft.  

Ahh ok, great score!  You'll break it on that 18 as well for sure and do it this year.  I bet you break 80 at least 3 or 4 times this year (assuming you are playing twice a week most weeks).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Just gotta play more.   Haven’t been playing as much recently.  

Playing some course in Ocean View DE Memorial Day weekend.  Bear Trap Dunes or something.  

btw - I did really like Tidewater.  I'll definitely go there again despite the price.  If you are down in Myrtle that one should be on the list.

• Like 1

i tweaked my groin going 4 for 4 in softball last night, and how painful it is to move around/walk... I feel like I am losing a these PRIME days where its not ballsack-sweat hot outside, and its making my die a little bit 

Played the tips yesterday at 7200+

39-39 with no birdies. Putter is coming around.

still working on the new irons but getting close to good

• Like 1

Fired an 85 today in a really tough course with super fast greens. Hit 70% of fairways, Just couldn’t get much going on the scoring side.  

• Like 1

Sold an odyssey driver I’ve moved on from for $100 today. Not bad. 

Finally got a date when our main course opens with brand new greens, June 15th.  We have a great layout and solid conditions everywhere else but always lacked quality in the greens.  I'm looking forward to having a total top notch experience going forward.

• Like 1