Golf

hey suess

4 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Finally got a date when our main course opens with brand new greens, June 15th.  We have a great layout and solid conditions everywhere else but always lacked quality in the greens.  I'm looking forward to having a total top notch experience going forward.

What grass does well up there out of curiosity?

1 minute ago, ToastJenkins said:

What grass does well up there out of curiosity?

Bent does fine and we are getting A4.  Ours had become bumpy with a bunch of poa having established itself all over so we ended up with two types of grasses growing at different speeds over the last 10 years.  We finally bit the bullet and did the investment.  We had to close a couple weeks early last year and now open very late but I think it will be worth it.

We have two other courses at our other site plus a nine on our site so we've had a place to play.

22 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Poa is a ****. Was endemic in nj

Yep, the greens were only good when it was cut super tight and even then it could get bumpy again later in the day. 

Shot 84 from the tips today. Wedges being tempermental…

lets go Zalatoris

11 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Shot 84 from the tips today. Wedges being tempermental…

lets go Zalatoris

That’s great as a bad day for you. What is the yardage and par from the tips?

2 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

That’s great as a bad day for you. What is the yardage and par from the tips?

7200 and change. Par is 72. 36-36.

higher wind and colder temps today didnt help but wasnt striking my irons the best. From the tips our par 3s are 185-210

1 hour ago, ToastJenkins said:

7200 and change. Par is 72. 36-36.

higher wind and colder temps today didnt help but wasnt striking my irons the best. From the tips our par 3s are 185-210

That’s a long track and some long par 3s.

Nothing like a playoff in a major

Justin Thomas going to the last playoff hole with a 1 shot lead

:pizza:

1 hour ago, DrPhilly said:

That’s a long track and some long par 3s.

Yeah its rough when you are hitting 4 irons to par threes

6 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Yeah its rough when you are hitting 4 irons to par threes

We have one that long from our blue tees where I play and that is plenty. 

Thomas, who rallied from a 7-shot deficit in the final round at Southern Hills Country Club to win his second major championship, was asked if he would follow Saban's 24-hour celebration rule.

"Yeah, I got a 24-hour rule," Thomas told Sirius XM. "I'm not sure what Jimbo Fisher's rule is, but I guess he's gotta win something first before he figures out his rules."

image.gif.5a09567aec01279b2c8da628a4ab1965.gif

• Haha 1

Today I reinforced that I can hit from the side of a hill off the edge of the green 

675A070C-4A9E-4497-8893-81B35EEC2285.jpeg

On 5/23/2022 at 10:24 PM, Agent23 said:

Today I reinforced that I can hit from the side of a hill off the edge of the green 

675A070C-4A9E-4497-8893-81B35EEC2285.jpeg

image.png.088100d216875af2c98b3c39d9b5abb7.png

Mitch Kramer GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On another note, I shot an 84 today on an actual golf course and didn't putt well, which I usually do.  I shot an 80 once on a joke course (1 par 5), and it was very short.  Today was at Red Bridge in Locust, NC and it's not an easy course.  I didn't even bring my iron covers @Agent23.  

• Like 2

I had iron covers once 😄

• Haha 1

Heading out now. Two rounds in Myrtle are my only rounds so far since October. Just pulled my sticks out of the basement and up into their spot for the season. Going to be a tough one no doubt. 

• Like 2

So I managed to get around all right.  My "old man" game is starting to come together. I struck the ball horribly but I moved it forward and made some putts and even chipped in once (for bogey).  I managed to scrape just under 90 at an 89.  I'm thinking I should be playing mid 80s this year so that ain't bad for my first time out since October (save the two rounds in Myrtle with my buddy's 2nd set).

16 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Where? 

Tidewater and Tiger's Eye (on Ocean Plantation)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

So I managed to get around all right.  My "old man" game is starting to come together. I struck the ball horribly but I moved it forward and made some putts and even chipped in once (for bogey).  I managed to scrape just under 90 at an 89.  I'm thinking I should be playing mid 80s this year so that ain't bad for my first time out since October (save the two rounds in Myrtle with my buddy's 2nd set).

How long are you in Myrtle?  My wife and daughter are already there in North Myrtle for the week, and I'm headed down Tuesday.  

5 minutes ago, hputenis said:

How long are you in Myrtle?  My wife and daughter are already there in North Myrtle for the week, and I'm headed down Tuesday.  

I was there in the 1st week of May.  Up over the border in North Carolina actually.

Will you get in some golfing?

1 minute ago, DrPhilly said:

I was there in the 1st week of May.  Up over the border in North Carolina actually.

Will you get in some golfing?

There's a possibility I might play Thursday or Friday with my wife's brother, who is traveling down from Carolina Beach on Thursday.  This family has a lot of women in it though, so my fingers are crossed.  😂  The only course I've ever played in Myrtle (despite being there ALL the time) was Waterway Hills a few times, the one with the ski lift that takes you to the 1st tee.