Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Got stuck watching Outer Banks with the wife. Horrendous.  So many cheesy scenes from other movies recreated in this show.  Then they try to convince us that the show takes place around Nags Head.  When it’s obviously Charleston SC.  One scene they allegedly take a boat from OBX (which they annoyingly refer to it wayyy too often) to Chapel Hill.   Chapel Hill is 3 hours inland from the Outer Banks.  Keg party on the beach.  Carry the keg.  Put it in the sand and party on.   Uh, someone wanna put that thing on ice?   There is tons more that is wrong with this garbage.  Bad dialogue.  Bad writing.  Bad acting.  Cheese fest.    

Including all you mentioned, the incredibly forced "John B” name drop was the most irritating to me 

The Last Kingdom season 4 has been out

Decided to start from the beginning

Spoiler

I forgot how many women have been with Utred and ended up dead

mounted a tv in our guest room & wanted to test out the viewing angles so I put on netflix & chose the first show that came up....it was black af...and it was pretty damn funny. sort of had a curb vibe with kenya barris playing himself & some cameo's from other entertainment industry folks. only caught the first ep but added it to my list. 

Finished season 4 of The Last Kingdom

Spoiler

Brida is just annoying now. She's angry for stupid reasons IMO and seems to forget the hardships that Uhtred has had to deal with all this time. He's been a slave as well and had been betrayed many times and has lost pretty much every woman he's loved. She was with the guy who had a hand in killing Ragnar and is mad at Uhtred. Also the scene with her not coughing or anything from the smoke while everyone else is was lame

I thought it was funny they tried to make the queen mother more appealing after she's been a complete **** for 3 seasons

I liked the new villain but him and Uhtreds daughter falling for each other at the end was a bit much. He didn't last long. I guess they'll have Brida as the enemy for season 5

There was that woman that was killed in the village that had the necklace of thors hammer. I assumed she was one of Uhtreds daughters but I don't think it was ever mentioned who she was and why she had the necklace.

Surprised they didn't have Uhtred banging a bunch of women. It was only the one this season lol

• Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 10:39 PM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Got stuck watching Outer Banks with the wife. Horrendous.  So many cheesy scenes from other movies recreated in this show.  Then they try to convince us that the show takes place around Nags Head.  When it’s obviously Charleston SC.  One scene they allegedly take a boat from OBX (which they annoyingly refer to it wayyy too often) to Chapel Hill.   Chapel Hill is 3 hours inland from the Outer Banks.  Keg party on the beach.  Carry the keg.  Put it in the sand and party on.   Uh, someone wanna put that thing on ice?   There is tons more that is wrong with this garbage.  Bad dialogue.  Bad writing.  Bad acting.  Cheese fest.    

Damn. I just vaca'd in OBX for the first time two summers ago so was semi intrigued with this, due to that along with my **** TV viewing habits. Wanted to see how true they were to what I remembered or if it was all BS/just using the namesake bc it sounds cool, which going by your post sounds like exactly what the inspiration  behind this was. 

season 2 of rust valley restorations dropped today. im re-watching season 1 while I work. im a addict when it comes to muscle cars, particularly mopar so this show is spot on for me.

1 hour ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

season 2 of rust valley restorations dropped today. im re-watching season 1 while I work. im a addict when it comes to muscle cars, particularly mopar so this show is spot on for me.

is it like all the other 'build' shows, scripted and more like a bad sitcom ?
Full Custom Garage has it nailed down, some dialogue but mostly teaching you something. 

6 minutes ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

is it like all the other 'build' shows, scripted and more like a bad sitcom ?
Full Custom Garage has it nailed down, some dialogue but mostly teaching you something. 

yeah, but nor at the velocity channel level. the show actually puts focus on how it can be a struggle to start up a business.

plus they're Canadian.

The French Vampires show was interesting

Had a sort of Blade story to it

Me and Mrs HE have started season 2 of Dead to Me. Just released today.

Season 1 seemed like a chick show, and I wasnt paying much attention at first, but business picked up and I got interested. Its not bad, I think.

Very similar to breaking bad. 

• Like 1

Any of you try out that other Netflix reality show Love Is Blind?

I was surprised I liked that reality show Too Hot To Handle

8 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Any of you try out that other Netflix reality show Love Is Blind?

I was surprised I liked that reality show Too Hot To Handle

I didnt. We will probably watch eventually.

I believe I remember reading there will be another season of Too Hot To Handle. Im sure we will watch again whenever that happens.

40 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I didnt. We will probably watch eventually.

I believe I remember reading there will be another season of Too Hot To Handle. Im sure we will watch again whenever that happens.

They released a reunion episode where they're all on Zoom or something. I wasn't really interested because of that so I only watched about 30 seconds.

If they do another season then I'd hope they stop with the censoring. It's on Netflix so there's no need IMO

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

They released a reunion episode where they're all on Zoom or something. I wasn't really interested because of that so I only watched about 30 seconds.

If they do another season then I'd hope they stop with the censoring. It's on Netflix so there's no need IMO

I agree. I thought there shoulda been boobies. But I was also disappointed when all looked like poorly done way too unnaturally rounded implants. I dont feel like we missed much in the boobie department quite honestly. Get me some nice naturals or better boob jobs. 

• Like 1

Reality Shows in general are garbage.  The insta-marriage ones are ukn trash.

8 minutes ago, What The F said:

Reality Shows in general are garbage.  The insta-marriage ones are ukn trash.

I'm not into reality shows but Too Hot To Handle was surprisingly good IMO. Plus there were a bunch of hot women in little to no clothes so yea lol

Love Is Blind isn't starting out well but maybe it's because I don't know the premise since 

Spoiler

one couple said I love you and got engaged in only 5 damn days

57 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I'm not into reality shows but Too Hot To Handle was surprisingly good IMO. Plus there were a bunch of hot women in little to no clothes so yea lol

Love Is Blind isn't starting out well but maybe it's because I don't know the premise since 

Hide contents

one couple said I love you and got engaged in only 5 damn days

Love is Blind is far less trashy and more like Married at First Sight. 

On 4/20/2020 at 10:54 PM, Mike030270 said:

i didn't like the direction they went with Wendy and Marty

Damn. we have no spoiler tags. I'll be back with my reason

Spoiler

You can use the icon that looks like an eye to create spoilers

Just now, TEW said:

Hide contents

You can use the icon that looks like an eye to create spoilers

Lol that was the first week of the boards. We didn't have spoiler tags back then.

I think I listed some reasons later on

• Like 1

I think I might rewatch The X-Files.

I do it about once a decade and I'm about due. Last play through it stood up really well to time considering it's almost 30 years old at this point. 

For anyone who has never watched it, I highly recommend it. Easily a top 10 show of all time.  Lot's of variety in episodes despite the niche conspiracy genre.  It has the Bill Walsh coaching tree of TV writers and some of the best characters in TV history. You get basically three different types of episodes: mythology (main story arch of Mulder searching for aliens), monster of the week (stand alone episodes which are fantastic) and comedy (very underrated; think Vince Gilligan in early Breaking Bad/Better call Saul -- he was one of the writers and got his start on the show).

• Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 8:12 PM, HazletonEagle said:

Me and Mrs HE have started season 2 of Dead to Me. Just released today.

Season 1 seemed like a chick show, and I wasnt paying much attention at first, but business picked up and I got interested. Its not bad, I think.

Very similar to breaking bad. 

Mrs. Hutpenis and I finished season 2 yesterday.  Dead to Me is definitely my favorite show on Netflix.   Great acting and writing.  Christina Applegate is hilarious (and I think she mentions she is from Philly in the show in season 1).  It seemed like a chick show at first, but it really picked up steam.  

4 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Mrs. Hutpenis and I finished season 2 yesterday.  Dead to Me is definitely my favorite show on Netflix.   Great acting and writing.  Christina Applegate is hilarious (and I think she mentions she is from Philly in the show in season 1).  It seemed like a chick show at first, but it really picked up steam.  

It did pick up, just like breaking bad.

Season 2 was the same. Took me about 2 episodes to get back in to it, then it began picking up again. 

We finished season 2 last night but I fell asleep (not cause it was boring) so gotta re-watch some episodes tonight. 

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

It did pick up, just like breaking bad.

Season 2 was the same. Took me about 2 episodes to get back in to it, then it began picking up again. 

We finished season 2 last night but I fell asleep (not cause it was boring) so gotta re-watch some episodes tonight. 

I totally got the vibes.  

• Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 8:04 PM, Mike030270 said:

The French Vampires show was interesting

Had a sort of Blade story to it

What show is that?