Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

Just watched Waco.  Pretty good little miniseries 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Seventy_Yard_FG said:

Just watched Waco.  Pretty good little miniseries 

Went out of its way to paint the Davidians in a favorable light.  I'm cool with that, every side of the story deserves their version.  Just as long as we appreciate it for what it was.

• Like 1

not sure if this has been mentioned yet but Locke and Key is a lot of fun, IMO. Maybe only because we're so shortly removed from Haunting of Hill House with the premise of the Haunted House being a character in itself, but I'm really enjoying these kids discovering different keys that unlock different powers throughout the house. Coming back for a Season 2 as well, if you care about stuff like that like me when deciding whether to start up a new series or not. Based on a graphic novel. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

not sure if this has been mentioned yet but Locke and Key is a lot of fun, IMO. Maybe only because we're so shortly removed from Haunting of Hill House with the premise of the Haunted House being a character in itself, but I'm really enjoying these kids discovering different keys that unlock different powers throughout the house. Coming back for a Season 2 as well, if you care about stuff like that like me when deciding whether to start up a new series or not. Based on a graphic novel. 

I really enjoyed Season 1 - glad to hear Season 2 is coming, although it's hard to say when we'll see it at this point

• Like 1

On 4/23/2020 at 11:06 AM, Mike030270 said:

Kind of surprised the Netflix reality shows are a hit:unsure:

Cheap to make and they appeal to the demographic of people that stream the majority of their content. It probably doesn't help that Netflix have a substantial amount of debt and are losing content with other streaming services taking some of the market (Disney for example). The need to fill it in other ways and reality is how they're doing it. It's basically the same thing that happened in the early and 2000's with cable and the reality boom 

1 minute ago, Mat said:

Cheap to make and they appeal to the demographic of people that stream the majority of their content. It probably doesn't help that Netflix have a substantial amount of debt and are losing content with other steaming services taking some of the market (Disney for example). The need to fill it in other ways and reality is how they're doing it. It's basically the same thing that happened in the early and 2000's with cable and the reality boom 

I tried the 2 shows. I liked Too Hot To Handle. Wasn't a fan of Blind Is Love

They actually had those stupid pausing moments right before someone said I do or I don't at the alter. Plus the cliff hangers at the end of each episode were stupid

13 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I tried the 2 shows. I liked Too Hot To Handle. Wasn't a fan of Blind Is Love

They actually had those stupid pausing moments right before someone said I do or I don't at the alter. Plus the cliff hangers at the end of each episode were stupid

I watched about 2 minutes of The Circle and that's it. Haven't seen any of the others. The description for Love is Blind makes it sound like MAFS and that show is complete trash (at least the Australian version is).

Most of the Netflix movies are steaming piles of crap and they're losing a lot of third party content to another streaming service here. I think they're at a crossroads, it will be interesting to see how much of the reality stuff they start pushing out over the next 18 months. Especially with a lot of scripted stuff having stopped production for the time being 

1 minute ago, Mat said:

I watched about 2 minutes of The Circle and that's it. Haven't seen any of the others. The description for Love is Blind makes it sound like MAFS and that show is complete trash (at least the Australian version is).

Most of the Netflix movies are steaming piles of crap and they're losing a lot of third party content to another streaming service here. I think they're at a crossroads, it will be interesting to see how much of the reality stuff they start pushing out over the next 18 months. Especially with a lot of scripted stuff having stopped production for the time being 

I forgot about The Circle

Yea I'm not interested in that

This one at least had babes

58 minutes ago, Mat said:

Love is Blind was terrible.  I was forced to watch it with wife.  I don't know how anyone could get into a reality show like that.  The thought of proposing to someone without ever seeing them actually offends me.  Me no rikey!    

The Circle was solid and addicting at times. But premise had some loopholes. Also has a couple Philadelphia cameos. I would def watch Circle Season 2 if they addressed some of those things. 

1 hour ago, JBENT87 said:

The Circle was solid and addicting at times. But premise had some loopholes. Also has a couple Philadelphia cameos. I would def watch Circle Season 2 if they addressed some of those things. 

I want Sammie from the circle to quarantine in my bed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Outer Banks is horrendous.  About as remedial as any show I’ve seen in years.  Nickelodeon quality.   Wife made me watch the whole thing.  I have her to blame.  

It is pretty cheesy at times, and I definitely think it's target audience is teenagers, but I find it pretty entertaining. We're 5 episodes in. Would recommend if you've gone through Netflix's A list shows already.

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

Love is Blind was terrible.  I was forced to watch it with wife.  I don't know how anyone could get into a reality show like that.  The thought of proposing to someone without ever seeing them actually offends me.  Me no rikey!    

the key to watching Love is Blind is getting past that premise and then staying around for the breakdowns once they return to "real life" together + the downward spiral of Jessica as she continues to thirst after the guy who picked another girl over her. All the while living with another guy who she agreed to marry. 

• Like 1

I confess I watched the whole Outer Banks.  Once I got through that it wasn't actually made in the Outer Banks, the storyline was good I thought.

I started The Last Kingdom but I keep falling asleep.  I don't know if I can continue this one.  I will not start any sort of reality shows.  I hate most every one I ever attempted to watch.  I'm more about history, movies from novels, true stories, and a few of the documentary series were good. (Waco for instance).  

I'm starting to find myself flicking around the recommendations and haven't found anything to keep my interest. DO NOT watch Dirty John.  Awful.  It could just be life stresses getting in the way too.  I'm pretty wiped out, so that could be it.

i just can't do any reality shows having to do with dating/marriage, etc.  i think i outgrew them...last one i liked was the original paradise hotel & that's gotta be 15-20 years ago at this point. :lol:   i just don't give a f about other people's dating lives. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

the key to watching Love is Blind is getting past that premise and then staying around for the breakdowns once they return to "real life" together + the downward spiral of Jessica as she continues to thirst after the guy who picked another girl over her. All the while living with another guy who she agreed to marry. 

the Gia was smoking hot but def seemed psycho crazy. No idea how that kawhi Leonard personality-having buster managed to grab her attention/affection 

I feel like S1 got a bit of convo on here and maybe S2 some as well. I watched both around airing. Didn’t get around to S3 until a few weeks back during quarantine and looks like S4 is just around the corner. I imagine I’ll watch because I’m this far in, certain things keep me curious, and I wouldn’t be surprised if morons we spike the corona curve once we all get released back into nature and we go into another lockdown :lol: 

6D129DCA-B5E9-4CFD-BF41-2F3B0E11BE62.png

Re: 13 reasons why, Watched S1 and honestly thought it was well done, despite all of the controversy that came out of it. Watched s2 on WFH days not really paying attention and then gave s3 a few minutes but it was so far out in left field at that point I bailed. No idea how this got to a Season 4. 

1 minute ago, JBENT87 said:

Re: 13 reasons why, Watched S1 and honestly thought it was well done, despite all of the controversy that came out of it. Watched s2 on WFH days not really paying attention and then gave s3 a few minutes but it was so far out in left field at that point I bailed. No idea how this got to a Season 4. 

no clue how it got there either. I know there is a book (that I will never read) but I can't imagine the author has written anything more than the events covered in season 1

i couldn't make it through 1 ep of season 2.  season 1 was interesting but there were so many unlikable characters that i wound up rooting for more of them to off themselves!

Just now, mr_hunt said:

i couldn't make it through 1 ep of season 2.  season 1 was interesting but there were so many unlikable characters that i wound up rooting for more of them to off themselves!

the rapist in S1 is a dbag through S1 and S2... in S3.. .they actually make him likable/sympathetic? I was sitting their watching thinking to myself, "is this show really making a serial rapist a character that audiences will want to root for/see on a path to self-betterment?!?" 

It was wild! :lol:

52 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

the rapist in S1 is a dbag through S1 and S2... in S3.. .they actually make him likable/sympathetic? I was sitting their watching thinking to myself, "is this show really making a serial rapist a character that audiences will want to root for/see on a path to self-betterment?!?" 

It was wild! :lol:

I thought it was a really interesting season for that reason. Its the new cool thing to do for TV/Movies maybe because this season was released right around the time of The Joker in the theaters which also makes you sympathize for the villain a bit. 

The problem with that interesting tactic was getting past the ridiculous investigating of Clay and his new friend. All show, every episode we were like- why are these kids acting like they are detectives? It has become really far fetched. Past that though, its still interesting and Ill watch season 4.

I liked 13 Reasons Why. I didn't think it was as controversial as the public thought. I thought it was realistic in a way. I think it's good for teens to see the impact and hopefully change anyone's mind. Season 2 was nice too. I have no interest in season 3 since the story seemed done

3 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

Don't know if I should spoiler for a reality show but I'll play it safe

Spoiler

Lol I was kind of rooting for Jessica and the guy to slip up and bang. It would have added some drama that was definitely needed for the show. Then there was Jessica that admitted to her fiancé that Barnett was hot while she was drunk. She was a lousy drunk too

The one chick that basically told her fiancé that he was a bad lay was foul lol

The interracial couple seemed like the only one that was going to say I do but then they tried to create some doubt near the end