Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

We just finished white lines. Not sure if you guys have that on your Netflix but it's very good. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Agent23 said:

That opening is WILD! 

Apparently the film was in 3D when it was in theaters and I’m not even joking. 

Space Force is pretty funny, should be a hit.  Very timely take on the whole science versus gut thing.

On 5/31/2020 at 11:58 AM, dawkins4prez said:

Space Force is pretty funny, should be a hit.  Very timely take on the whole science versus gut thing.

Every review has been trashing it and it currently sits as th 156th rated original on IMDB. It has been a huge flop so far. I'll probably watch it at some point anyway, but it's been anything but a hit

On 5/30/2020 at 11:06 AM, SNOORDA said:

Yeah kingdom.  Sorry.   I think i replied to the wrong post

oops...i was talking about the movie train to busan.  :lol:  

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 12:35 PM, mr_hunt said:

hey, do you guys know if there's a way to watch a movie w/o it showing up on the "recently watched" list? 

:whistle:   

there is, btw....but you have to do it on the full netflix site...not through the apps or whatever on your smart tv.   

:blush:   

10 hours ago, Mat said:

Every review has been trashing it and it currently sits as th 156th rated original on IMDB. It has been a huge flop so far. I'll probably watch it at some point anyway, but it's been anything but a hit

Really?  Odd.  Maybe by trying to appeal to everybody it appeals to none.  Carrell's character is kind of a by the gut Trumpian figure that forges a mutual respect with the egghead scientists despite being comical ignorant.  People might just be too angry at each other for that.  Kinda like the Roseanne reboot.  It's also pretty on the nose, directly spoofing on Trump, Melania and AOC.

5 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

oops...i was talking about the movie train to busan.  :lol:  

My fault.   

Just now, SNOORDA said:

My fault.   

no worries, man.  

watch train to busan though!  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

no worries, man.  

watch train to busan though!  

Will do definitely.

Started space force yesterday.  i dont know.   Dont like steve carrell in that character.  But the digs at trump are hilarious i have to admit. 

Watched uncut gems and I’ll never look at Adam Sandler the same way

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seventy_Yard_FG said:

He played the sleazy New York Jewish jeweler stereotype to perfection. Honestly, that was a great performance by him, though I’m kind of unsure if I actually liked the movie or not. I go back and forth.

4 hours ago, Seventy_Yard_FG said:

I used to like him. Last movie I liked of his was Grown Ups 2 I think. I like his Hotel Transylvania movies but those are animated

11 hours ago, TEW said:

He played the sleazy New York Jewish jeweler stereotype to perfection. Honestly, that was a great performance by him, though I’m kind of unsure if I actually liked the movie or not. I go back and forth.

Yeah great performance but just a sad character you couldn’t ever root for

• Like 1

On 5/30/2020 at 3:23 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

We just finished white lines. Not sure if you guys have that on your Netflix but it's very good. 

Yeah it was fun, and while had some existential questions in it, it didn't take itself too seriously. 

Fun show for sure...I have 2 eps left.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2020 at 9:58 PM, dawkins4prez said:

watched the 1st ep yesterday...it was meh.  felt like the show wasn't sure if it's a naked gun style spoof or a traditional sitcom. only reason i might watch a few more eps is steve carell.  

• Like 1

Just now, mr_hunt said:

watched the 1st ep yesterday...it was meh.  felt like the show wasn't sure if it's a naked gun style spoof or a traditional sitcom. only reason i might watch a few more eps is steve carell.  

I was enjoying it well enough until 5th episode.  Was so bad I doubt I'm tuning back in.

I made it through one episode of Space Force and didn't laugh once. Steve Carell seems to be playing his character from the office. I'm now in a deep show hole. Still looking for something to get into.,

On 6/2/2020 at 11:14 AM, mr_hunt said:

I don't think comedic actors are even funny enough today to bring back true slapstick comedy.  I haven't seen Space Force yet, but I could definitely see it flopping if they attempted this.  

Anyone seen the Crown and have any reviews?  I've heard good things, but the life of Queen Elizabeth is not something I'm dying to see.  

6 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Anyone seen the Crown and have any reviews?  I've heard good things, but the life of Queen Elizabeth is not something I'm dying to see.  

Yeah its one of those shows that you just have to dive into, regardless of tastes.  It's excellent, especially the first 2 seasons.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hputenis said:

the wife loves it...i think she's on her 2nd viewing.  but she loves everything british royalty. i'm the complete opposite so i won't watch 1 second of that show. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

the wife loves it...i think she's on her 2nd viewing.  but she loves everything british royalty. i'm the complete opposite so i won't watch 1 second of that show. 

Its one of those genres I'm not really a fan of, but so many great movies and shows have been made for it.  Kinda like westerns.

57 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

my grandmother is a fan. One day I may watch so I can chat with her about her but that day has not yet come.

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

It's pretty good. The actress did a great job. I think they lost me when they decided to change the actress to show the time jump in age

• Like 1