EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 hour ago, jojodancer said:

Replace those with Metcalf and or Jefferson then we could see what the kid could do. No options at WR. Yeah Greg Ward. LMAO. Had a rookie playing as well. Running the ball should have happened alot earlier than it did & in a more balanced way. Yes. He went extreme cuz it worked so well and a lack of talent to throw to. Would have helped if Miles Sanders relearned how to catch out of backfield as well. Can double Goeddert & Smith and it's game over. 

spacer.png

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

With coaching in particular, merit is extremely subjective. It’s not like seeing two WRs play and one puts up 1,600 yards per year and another puts up 400 yards per year and you go the first one is deserving of an all pro or a big contract more than the latter. How many times do coordinators that coach great units end up being horrible coaches?

The Rooney rule perpetuates sham interviews. It’s a bad rule that basically makes teams have to interview people they may not have wanted to and wasting everyone’s time.

The problem isn't the Rooney Rule.  The problem is racial disparity in hiring practices.  

18 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Eagles could be losing Weidl

Who all have taken one of ours for a GM position? How is that team drafting? I'm curious if they suck at drafting or if they're good. If they're good then why the hell isn't Howie good if they're supposedly learning from him

Guest justrelax
4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Daniel Jeremiah said he wouldn’t be surprised if Jurgens goes ahead of Linderbaum. 

Whoa. 

That would surprise me.

27 minutes ago, jojodancer said:

I do like Quez, but he hardly played overall cuz of Reagor & that dominant running game. Yeah. I am not gonna pin one terrible playoff game ( his 1st) VS. the goat as being my barometer here on whether Hurts will be a solid QB in the future. Also wasn't anywhere near 100% in that game. Okay, it is fair to say they had 2 professional WRs & 1 professional TE to work with last year.

Brady has nothing to do with it, hurts wasn't playing against Brady, he was playing against the Tampa D which is a really good D and the Tampa DC showed the whole league that hurts can't read a defense quick enough to defeat it and he said it so the whole world can hear it 

Luckily for hurts that's something one can improve but it's not a given, plenty of qbs with  a lot more arm talent than hurts never figure it out.

As for his I jury I'm not sure how much it effected his ability to throw from the pocket, it negatively effected his ability to make plays with his legs which is the one thing that defenses had to prepare for  with him take that away and we get what happened In Tampa.

Like I said I really like hurts as a person and leader and competitor but until he shows that he can consistently read process and deliver the ball accurately and on time he'll just be a guy that runs around and makes things happen with his legs and as we've seen throughout the history of the league, that type of qb play doesn't win championships.

Can he get to the point where he's more than that? so far from what I've seen id say no, but we'll see And I'll be the first in a long line of posters to admit I was wrong if some how hurts turns it around.

I just don't see it, but good luck to him and if he did I'd also be one in a long line of fans who are happy for him and the eagles.

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

Brady has nothing to do with it, hurts wasn't playing against Brady, he was playing against the Tampa D which is a really good D and the Tampa DC showed the whole league that hurts can't read a defense quick enough to defeat it and he said it so the whole world can hear it 

And @jojodancer against the GOAT, our defense did all they can to give Hurts a chance to get back in the game, but his drive chart was

3 plays, 5 yards, punt

4 plays, 15 yards, punt

3 plays, -3 yards, punt

12 plays, 46 yards, turnover on downs

6 plays, 40 yards, interception

Taking out the end of half possession, Hurts led an offense that ran 28 plays for 103 yards in the first half, while the defense held the GOAT to 17 points.

10 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I'll take a projection with a guy with plus arm talent over an athletic guy with non plus arm talent every time.

I think he's worth a top 100 pick, the one thing that would keep him out of top 100 is the Injury concerns other than that he's got the arm talent and college production that in most drafts would qualify him for top 100 pick.

I mean Nick foles went 88th do you not think string is just as good a prospect as Nick foles was?

For the record I really liked Nick foles in that draft.

I actually had a few mocks of eagles taking him in the 3rd or 4th.

Nick Foles was a better prospect and didn't have health concerns.  They have more resources with likely better prospects next season.  

24 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Eagles could be losing Weidl

is he black?

2 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

The problem isn't the Rooney Rule.  The problem is racial disparity in hiring practices.  

There is nothing wrong with racial disparities in any hiring process as long as they aren't due to racism. You hire the people you feel are best for the job and it shakes out how it shakes out. And if you find out that a team has purposely neglected someone due to skin color, then they should be punished severely.

The problem is whenever there is any inequity, people assume the reason is racism. They don't analyze it below surface level.

15 minutes ago, jojodancer said:

Guy always got hurt tho at key times. Wasn't the same after injury and not worth the contract.  I do thank him for that year and the draft compensation we are reaping from years later with that Colts trade.

Well, he had a great season which is why he was given 6 years.  Keep in mind he had worse receivers most of that time than Hurts had last season.  Hurts hasn't performed in a way that justifies not moving on from him if there's a better player available.  It's that simple.  

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

JOJOdancer has been here for an hour and he's already filled up my Jalen Hurts bingo card.

myfreebingocards.com - bingo card generator

98% of your posts suck, but, gotta give you credit for this one.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

98% of your posts suck, but, gotta give you credit for this one.

Was gonna say might be his best post he’s ever made on here. 

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

I also watched a ton of Colts as I had Jonathan Taylor on my big money fantasy squad.  He had some brain dead moments, but played pretty well.

The most disappointing thing watching the Colts, is the supposed all world offensive line played like crap most of the year.

Didn't their O-Line have a ton of injuries though?

6 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

JOJOdancer has been here for an hour and he's already filled up my Jalen Hurts bingo card.

myfreebingocards.com - bingo card generator

I think you worked a little too hard on that! 😄 Hurts is a winner. He will prove that out. Well Wentz, we already know what that cat is. I'll go with the 23 year old with a solid 1st full season (pro bowl alternate) than the over-rated & overpaid, scared deer in the headlights guy.

1 minute ago, jojodancer said:

I think you worked a little too hard on that! 😄 Hurts is a winner. He will prove that out. Well Wentz, we already know what that cat is. I'll go with the 23 year old with a solid 1st full season (pro bowl alternate) than the over-rated & overpaid, scared deer in the headlights guy.

0-7 against playoff teams.

12 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Maybe the problem is not enough black players want to be coaches? Not sure why we are forcing the issue. I'm still not buying that any NFL team wouldn't hire a black coach if they viewed him as the guy they want. 

4 minutes ago, jojodancer said:

I'll go with the 23 year old with a solid 1st full season (pro bowl alternate) than the over-rated & overpaid, scared deer in the headlights guy.

I'll go with the guy we draft this year or next that has an NFL arm and the ability to read a defense and go through his reads.

4 minutes ago, jojodancer said:

Do you promise to "go with him" when he leaves?

11 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

is he black?

How could he be? There's a league wide conspiracy to keep the black man down. Didn't you know?

22 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Daniel Jeremiah said he wouldn’t be surprised if Jurgens goes ahead of Linderbaum. 

Whoa. 

Linderbaum in RD2 would be amazing

Just now, greend said:

How could he be? There's a league wide conspiracy to keep the black man down. Didn't you know?

I just want draft picks. Do we have a racial draft coming up in WU any time soon?

42 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Fair enough, how about I amend my statement and say hurts doesnt nor ever will have a elite throwing arm strength.

Sure he can improve his mechanics and footwork and release point and what not but if that's all it took then why can't I throw a 95 mph fast ball?

And as you said even if he miraculously transformed into having adequate arm strength that doesn't address all his other limitations as a passer.

I can’t throw a 95 mph fastball.  Few can.  But Hurts can throw a 60 yard pass.  And his mechanics suggest that he can improve his velocity.  I don’t think arm strength is the issue.  Now some of his balls were off target long.  Biggest issue there was release point and trigger.   Unfortunately, those weren’t just flawed mechanically but also mentally, seeing and trusting the read.  Not sure that can be fixed. So we both have doubts about Hurts, just coming at it from a different approach. 

53 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

Tanner McKee 4 star recruit was recruited by every major school, he only has 10 starts at Stanford, the kid did a 2 year Morman mission before starting for them in 2021.  He’s 6’6” 230lbs and will probably get drafted at closer to 235-240 lbs, he’s athletic and has a good arm. 
 As Mills has already proven, playing in an NFL system in college which Stanford is, puts his learning curve way ahead of QB’s from a heavy RPO, Air Raid, no huddle BS offense most college QB’s play in today (Corral, and Willis).  

McKee is on my list of potential risers to watch, also including Jurkovec, Richardson and Van Dyke.

34 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

With coaching in particular, merit is extremely subjective. It’s not like seeing two WRs play and one puts up 1,600 yards per year and another puts up 400 yards per year and you go the first one is deserving of an all pro or a big contract more than the latter. How many times do coordinators that coach great units end up being horrible coaches?

The Rooney rule perpetuates sham interviews. It’s a bad rule that basically makes teams have to interview people they may not have wanted to and wasting everyone’s time.

100%

19 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Today's owners will hire the person they feel can win with, regardless of color. If proven otherwise, absolutely punish them. But for F's sake, stop whining about skin color in regards to every aspect of life. 

12 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

There is nothing wrong with racial disparities in any hiring process as long as they aren't due to racism. You hire the people you feel are best for the job and it shakes out how it shakes out. And if you find out that a team has purposely neglected someone due to skin color, then they should be punished severely.

The problem is whenever there is any inequity, people assume the reason is racism. They don't analyze it below surface level.

100%, again.

Just now, Sack that QB said:

Well racial disparities in hiring practices are evidence of racism when the candidate pool is otherwise racially diverse.  The reality is that every person has biases.  Some of those biases are cultural in nature and play out in the form of race based bias.  Race isn't a biological reality it is a social construct.  What makes a bias racism is when it plays out to deprive people of opportunity based on race.  I would agree that sham interviews deprive people of opportunities that they otherwise deserve based on merit.  

11 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Nick Foles was a better prospect and didn't have health concerns.  They have more resources with likely better prospects next season.  

What do the eagles resources and next year's prospects have anything to do with whether or not Carson strong is a top 100 pick???

What if I said I didn't think strong was a top 100 pick but thought the eagles should draft him in the 4th would you then say he's not a top 150 pick.

I'm not advocating for the eagles to draft strong, at least not in this current discussion, I'm simply saying I think he has the arm talent to be a top 100 pick.

He certainly has more arm strength than Nick foles had and has comparable college production.

One big difference is the Injury concerns that Nick didnt  have 

Without that Strong in my opinion has enough arm talent that makes him worth a top 100 pick.

If eagles took him in the 3rd would I be mad? Absolutely not I think thats pretty good low risk value at that point.

If they don't take strong will I be mad? No why would I?

Now if strong goes on to be a multiple all pro and super bowl MVP and the eagles could have drafted him And didn't then yeah I might be a bit bummed...

Archived