EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

No.  We are complaining about Hurts being the starter because he is not very good at being a QB.

I wanted Watson or Wilson, so I am clearly racist.

I would have liked Bridgewater for 2022 but he would have been expensive

Hell I would have taken Winston for 2022

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Not necessarily. If you hire a white coach because you like his scheme better or the interview had better chemistry then it has nothing to do with racism. Inequities in any of themselves are not proof of bias necessarily. Each hire has to be analyzed on an individual basis. People like to paint a broad brush and make generalizations about every team. It’s not how it works, it’s pretty lazy.

And the interview process is the opportunity, getting the job is the outcome. The reason equity is so toxic is because equity, at least how it’s used today = equality of outcome. No system in any walk of society can function properly with equality of outcome based practices. It doesn’t work.

this can absolutely have to do with implicit bias, which is/can be a function of systemic racism, so even in your own example you show how the system perpetuates itself. The Rooney rule, much like Affirmative Action, is a flawed attempt to try and end those things that can cause that implicit bias. That being said, I don't know what the answer really is.

1 minute ago, BigEFly said:

Always did my first interviews by phone.  Couldn’t tell race.  Not influenced by appearance at all.  Influenced by the answers.  Influenced by what they told me about themselves as a  person. Second interviews were in person.  In today’s Zoom and Skype world, I think I would still do that. 

I would prefer not to do it by phone. 1.) I don't care about race. 2.) Appearance is important 3.) So is demeanor and body language. 

1 minute ago, Peppersmacks said:

He said he was going to appoint a woman.  And thank you for chiming in as you are the guy I view as the most racist on this board.

Wow, @bpac55, you have been proclaimed the most racist poster on the entire EMB.  

5X01 Transilence Thought Unifier Model 11 GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Just now, greend said:

1.) I don't care about race. 2.) Appearance is important

Yeah Ok GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Wow, @bpac55, you have been proclaimed the most racist poster on the entire EMB.  

The Champ GIFs | Tenor

2 minutes ago, Peppersmacks said:

He said he was going to appoint a woman.  And thank you for chiming in as you are the guy I view as the most racist on this board.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/20/politics/trump-supreme-court-woman-nominee-2020/index.html

Actually in my book they were both wrong. 

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Don't feel left out of the superlatives.  You're by far the dumbest.

16 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Don't make me pull this Blog over!

CVON folks.

They couldn't handle cvon lol

44 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

This is correct, it is hard to prove. But that’s the breaks. There can be bias in any hiring practices, but the solutions to these problems proposed tend to be much worse ideas. Like the new rule that says every team is required to hire a minority or a woman. Completely unconstitutional. It sets a terrible precedent. Then eventually that leads to "you’ve already filled your quota of ____ ethnicity, you can no longer hire more of those individuals”

And if you think that is far fetched and will never happen, see what Harvard has done with Asian applicants and the lawsuit filed against Harvard for discrimination based on race. Which is always the endgame of any equity practice gone too far. More discrimination, just in the other direction.

Some people don’t know what the Constitution says, who it prohibits etc.  Bad word choice.

5 minutes ago, Peppersmacks said:

Which is why I'm linking you to academic articles that have studied it.  But if by I "can't" is meant that it's just not something you're willing to accept or consider then ok.

I consider it every day. I own and operate an executive search firm. Do you know how much bias or blatant discrimination I see in client requests? A TON. However, most of them go like this: "We are seeking a candidate to oversee our strategic mergers and acquisitions group. Salary range is $265k-325k based on experience. Oh, and we want a diversity hire." What does diversity hire in that quotation mean to you? It means without being blatant, that I should not bother sending them potential candidates for consideration that are straight white males. And I deal with corporations in the construction and renewable energy industries with annual revenues as low as a couple million dollars up through billion dollar companies. This is becoming more and more commonplace. But I'm sure you're ok with it.

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

They couldn't handle cvon lol

I'm afraid they would fit in nicely over there.

2 minutes ago, Peppersmacks said:

Don't feel left out of the superlatives.  You're by far the dumbest.

Hilarious coming from you.  You have quickly become the biggest laughing stock of this message board.

The blog has gotten way off track here with the race stuff, so I'm gonna try to bring it back with my new mock draft

833997282_pff_mock_results(4).thumb.png.6952b72d0e1210de2fd94cb32605be2a.png

Thoughts?

14 minutes ago, Peppersmacks said:

You're kidding right?  A guy saying "what a world" where a black person with the same title can make more than a white person?  As if that hasn't been the experience of black people and woman throughout history?

Not what he said. Maybe you read it through your racist colored glasses. Try it again, and really actually see the words this time. 

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

I consider it every day. I own and operate an executive search firm. Do you know how much bias or blatant discrimination I see in client requests? A TON. However, most of them go like this: "We are seeking a candidate to oversee our strategic mergers and acquisitions group. Salary range is $265k-325k based on experience. Oh, and we want a diversity hire." What does diversity hire in that quotation mean to you? It means without being blatant, that I should not bother sending them potential candidates for consideration that are straight white males. And I deal with corporations in the construction and renewable energy industries with annual revenues as low as a couple million dollars up through billion dollar companies. This is becoming more and more commonplace. But I'm sure you're ok with it.

I'd like to throw my name in the ring :roll:

Just now, DEagle7 said:

The blog has gotten way off track here with the race stuff, so I'm gonna try to bring it back with my new mock draft

Thoughts?

2 white guys in the first round. Fail

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

I am ok with it because I think the only way to equalize the opportunity is if the people making the hiring solutions make an intentional effort to make their own ranks more diverse.  It's not a long term solution or a perfect one by any means but a step in the right direction.  

1 hour ago, jojodancer said:

I think you worked a little too hard on that! 😄 Hurts is a winner. He will prove that out. Well Wentz, we already know what that cat is. I'll go with the 23 year old with a solid 1st full season (pro bowl alternate) than the over-rated & overpaid, scared deer in the headlights guy.

You keep making this Wentz versus Hurts.  You need to move on.  The team has, why can't you?

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Yeah Ok GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Yup

1 minute ago, DEagle7 said:

Thoughts?

:lol: I see what you did there. Fail for not getting Alec Pierce.

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

You keep making this Wentz versus Hurts.  You need to move on.  The team has, why can't you?

He's a clone that's why

1 minute ago, Peppersmacks said:

I am ok with it because I think the only way to equalize the opportunity is if the people making the hiring solutions make an intentional effort to make their own ranks more diverse.  It's not a long term solution or a perfect one by any means but a step in the right direction.  

Congrats on pinning @bpac55 and winning the EMB World Heavyweight Racist championship.

Just now, Outlaw said:

:lol: I see what you did there. Fail for not getting Alec Pierce.

Not gonna lie, I had to do a lot of Google image searches by the end there. Figure linemen and punters we're safer bets though. 

Archived