EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

3 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

This, I watched a TON of Colts games and he played really really well. I'm unsure what Irsay had beef with him but it sure seemed like Reich/Ballard and every player on the colts wanted to keep him. 

I also hate to say this because he's in our division but his weapons with the redskins could arguable the best of his career. Plus number 11 to bolster to the O line it seems.

The weapons he has in DC without a doubt the best he's had...besides Jonathan Taylor.  Look for them to add a big-time WR in the draft too.  Sounds like they like Olave a lot.  Would drive me crazy if they get him.

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Correct. He would only be on the field in 3 WR sets. I for one am looking forward to the McPhearson/Gowan/Booth competition.

Becoming a bigger and bigger fan of Ebiketie in the high second. I'd go DT/CB in the first, trade up into the 33-40 range with 51 and 101 and grab Ebiketie as my DE.

That's the point. By messing with the sliders, it's completely unrealistic. :lol:

I don't do the mock drafts so I have no idea what the sliders do and how you can manipulate it.  

Just now, jojodancer said:

Not quite sure Jalen is necessarily the LT answer, but the guy has had one year and can develop into a solid more well rounded QB, especially with a great running game & offensive line. He can buy himself time to make enough plays. Like to see him with better WRs before forming that opinion conclusively.

I don't think better WRs are the issue.

Take for Instance quez Watkins,

Against Tampa Bay in the playoff game wuez should have had well over a hundred yards and close to it over 200 if hurts was able to get him the ball, but hurts couldn't get him the ball.

Devonte Smith has top WR skill set, goedert is a serious threat at TE, replacing reagor with a legit number 2 isn't going to magically make hurts an adequate passer.

He's always going to have a noodle arm, he struggles with timing and vision accuracy and especially deep accuracy as he dues t have the arm strength to push the ball down the field 

He can improve on some things like accuracy and timing and vision but how much and how long is one willing to give him to improve on those and how much would having another WR really help him improve in those areas?

I like Hurts and his work ethic and his teammates like him And his running is a weapon but his lack of arm talent is a concern going forward.

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

This, I watched a TON of Colts games and he played really really well. I'm unsure what Irsay had beef with him but it sure seemed like Reich/Ballard and every player on the colts wanted to keep him. 

I also hate to say this because he's in our division but his weapons with the redskins could arguable the best of his career. Plus number 11 to bolster to the O line it seems.

I doubt you watched a lot of Colts games because if you actually did, you would have seen the same broken Wentz from 2019 and 2020.

1 minute ago, pallidrone said:

I doubt you watched a lot of Colts games because if you actually did, you would have seen the same broken Wentz from 2019 and 2020.

I also watched a ton of Colts as I had Jonathan Taylor on my big money fantasy squad.  He had some brain dead moments, but played pretty well.

The most disappointing thing watching the Colts, is the supposed all world offensive line played like crap most of the year.

You don’t need to be 6 ft to play the slot , lots of shorter guys have success there , Moore  comes to mind and he’s 5 ft 9

2 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Promise you I watched more Colts games than you. 

And P.s.  He carried a terrible coach and a terrible set of skilled players in 2019 so I dont understand that comp

He couldn't beat the Jaguars with the season on the line. And got blown out as a matter of fact. Crumbled when the chips were down. Enough said...

15 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Check out the numbers from Daniel Bellinger TE from San Diego State

6 foot 5 and 253 pounds

4.63 40
34.5 inch vert
22 bench reps
125 Broad jump
7.05 3 cone
4.47 shuttle

TJ Hockenson  

6 foot 4 and 251 pounds
37.5 vert
17 bench
123 Broad Jump
7.02 3 cone

Mark Andrews

6 foot 5 and 256 pounds

4.67 40
31 inch vert
17 bench
31 inch vert
113 broad jump
7.34 3 cone
4.38 shuttle

Bellinger is very physical and a very good blocker also.  He's my TE sleeper

Yup, I think there are some really good TEs in this draft that are either going to fall through the cracks or get drafted a lot higher than the so called experts think they will.

Seems alot of college offenses don't feature or use TEs alot and so it's difficult to judge a draft prospect TE based off of college production.

Yesterday I posted some stats if pretty productive NFL TEs that didn't have much production in college.

Most recently George kittle who barely had 300 yards as a senior.

Mark bavaro, Keith Jackson, algae crumpler to name a few are guys that didn't have a ton of college production but did in the NFL.

13 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I don't think better WRs are the issue.

Take for Instance quez Watkins,

Against Tampa Bay in the playoff game wuez should have had well over a hundred yards and close to it over 200 if hurts was able to get him the ball, but hurts couldn't get him the ball.

Devonte Smith has top WR skill set, goedert is a serious threat at TE, replacing reagor with a legit number 2 isn't going to magically make hurts an adequate passer.

He's always going to have a noodle arm, he struggles with timing and vision accuracy and especially deep accuracy as he dues t have the arm strength to push the ball down the field 

He can improve on some things like accuracy and timing and vision but how much and how long is one willing to give him to improve on those and how much would having another WR really help him improve in those areas?

I like Hurts and his work ethic and his teammates like him And his running is a weapon but his lack of arm talent is a concern going forward.

Don't disagree with a lot of that. Though would like for him to have a clean slate this year: with more work experience under his belt, without a new inexperienced coaching staff & system to adjust to, better WR crew and a healthy ankle which needed surgery from hurting ankle in NOV against Giants. 

3 minutes ago, jojodancer said:

He couldn't beat the Jaguars with the season on the line. And got blown out as a matter of fact. Crumbled when the chips were down. Enough said...

Colts have had issues with the Jags for years regardless of the QB.

Had not won in Jacksonville since 2014, and have lost 9 straight overall to them.

12 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

PFF Pass-Rush Win Rates:

Travon Walker: 11%

The scheme might have something to do with it, he wasn't exactly lining up like Jason Babin.  I'm huge fan of Travon, but I could understand the trepidation in the top-10... 

image.png.d503107a3a6574301afac39227a2d91e.png

9 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Promise you I watched more Colts games than you. 

And P.s.  He carried a terrible coach and a terrible set of skilled players in 2019 so I dont understand that comp

He did a lot stupid things like this

This is what Wentz is - he will make a couple of throws that make you think he is back, and then he does something stupid or tries to play hero ball and fails miserably.

10 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I also watched a ton of Colts as I had Jonathan Taylor on my big money fantasy squad.  He had some brain dead moments, but played pretty well.

The most disappointing thing watching the Colts, is the supposed all world offensive line played like crap most of the year.

So did I which is why I watched a bunch of Colts games as well.

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

Are you Jalen himself, or his brother? PR guy?

Jalen Hurts blows

Yeah. He blows. He took  a similar team that Carson Wentz had and lead to 4 wins, on an injured ankle for the last month. Not too shabby.😁

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Colts have had issues with the Jags for years regardless of the QB.

Had not won in Jacksonville since 2014, and have lost 9 straight overall to them.

OMG that team stunk bad regardless and had fired their coach and checked out. Also lost the game before that and choked. Come on! Ha.

4 minutes ago, jojodancer said:

Don't disagree with a lot of that. Though would like for him to have a clean slate this year: with more work experience under his belt, without a new inexperienced coaching staff & system to adjust to, better WR crew and a healthy ankle which needed surgery from hurting ankle in NOV against Giants. 

I was willing to give Hurts a chance last year and I thought I was pretty fair, after the end of the season I was pretty adamant that I didn't think hurts was the guy going forward.

I think he's a guy one can win regular season games with but I don't think he's a guy that's going to be able to compete for championships, the Tampa game really exposed his limitations as a passer for those that maybe hadn't already seen it 

I'm willing to give him a shot this year mainly because whats the alternative?

We'll see how much he's Improved, and if sirrianni and co. trust him enough to let him pass or they go back to a run first offense because with hurts it's their best chance at winning.

2 hours ago, greend said:

If we draft him, Willey Levis?

Laughing Gif 0308 - PNGDir | PNG Image Directory

1 minute ago, jojodancer said:

Yeah. He blows. He took  a similar team that Carson Wentz had and lead to 4 wins, on an injured ankle for the last month. Not too shabby.😁

:roll::roll::roll:

He beat 2 of the worst teams in the NFL.

The Giants who embarrassed him the first time, and the Skins had a dude who was on his couch a couple weeks prior in one of those games.

He was winless and uncompetitive against playoff teams.

On 4/6/2022 at 9:57 AM, Bacarty2 said:

Heres a run down of everything I read about him and I been on him for awhile.

Amazing arm. decent pocket mobility(pocket manipulation) , terrible mobility outside the pocket. Ton of presnap responsibilities which he does a great job with. Good mechanics but holds the ball low. Which at 6'4'' his low is still probably higher than most "little guys". 

The Comps I've seen little Carson Wentz arm, Little Phillip Rivers.

Me personally, reminds me a lot of Marino towards the end of the career where he still had a fastball but had no knees left

He can definitely sling the ball.  I don't know that an air raid offense has a ton of pre-snap responsibilities.  I think the idea is to give the QB quick reads post snap  that are fairly simple much like RPOs.  That's one of the areas where Strong has been criticized.  He locks in on reads and relies on his arm.  He takes too many sacks because of it.  Remember Hurts came from a similar system and is struggling with Sirianni's passing concepts and pre-snap reads.  A less mobile Hurts with a stronger arm isn't an upgrade. 

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

All the Eagles did was get a better coach, a better WR and a healthy Oline. 

But sure it was just a QB change that was the difference. 

And a better QB. Thus the trade to get out of that bad contract and bad leader. They were done with that guy. Not a moment too soon. He blows. And will continue to do so. 

14 minutes ago, jojodancer said:

Can you fit anymore excuses in that sentence?

6 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Decent

image.thumb.png.ecb3821a5843e852e83346d28cf45e53.png

That is decent. No way Hamilton is there at 15 though.

I want to articulate a couple things about Carson Strong.  While I have been one of his more vocal supporters, I am far from willing to die on a hill that he's going to be some great NFL QB.  

I think the ratio of what he could realistically become as a passer to what he will cost in the draft is very, very favorable.  

He may end up disappointing, but I think round 2 is very good value for a high arm talent audition at the QB position.  

Archived