Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Look closer...

Lol I don't watch college ball so I had to google that name

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Peppersmacks said:

Honestly, this is the most blatantly and unapologetically racist board I ever visit.  Unfortunately, there just aren't a lot of Eagles message boards.  If there was a feature where the only posts that appeared are people giving me tweets on Eagles news and rumors, I'd sign up for that in a second.

Ever tried using the filters on Twitter?  Would give you what you seek.  

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

Lol I don't watch college ball so I had to google that name

Look...even closer. 

3 minutes ago, Peppersmacks said:

I am ok with it because I think the only way to equalize the opportunity is if the people making the hiring solutions make an intentional effort to make their own ranks more diverse.  It's not a long term solution or a perfect one by any means but a step in the right direction.  

So racism.........................got it

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

Congrats on pinning @bpac55 and winning the EMB World Heavyweight Racist championship.

So I'm racist because I want to see historically marginalized groups of individuals receive an equal shot?  And people really think its crazy to point how racist this board is?  

5 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

The blog has gotten way off track here with the race stuff, so I'm gonna try to bring it back with my new mock draft

Well Played Sir GIFs | Tenor

4 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

The blog has gotten way off track here with the race stuff, so I'm gonna try to bring it back with my new mock draft

833997282_pff_mock_results(4).thumb.png.6952b72d0e1210de2fd94cb32605be2a.png

Thoughts?

2 out of 5 pointy hoods.

no white CBs so cant knock you there. But you missed out on Alec Pierce and most of all missing out on the rare white RB, Max Borghi is tough to excuse.

Just now, Peppersmacks said:

So I'm racist because I want to see historically marginalized groups of individuals receive an equal shot?  And people really think its crazy to point how racist this board is?  

No you're a racist because you want a certain race to be given an unequal chance.  And you're the racist not the board.

2 minutes ago, Peppersmacks said:

what you are asking for is not an equal shot.

Just saying i hate everyone. Some of you i just hate a little less… 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I Hate Everything - Everything GIF - Everything Parks And Recreation Parks  And Rec - Discover & Share GIFs

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Just noticed your new avatar

Great choice 😍

8 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Not gonna lie, I had to do a lot of Google image searches by the end there. Figure linemen and punters we're safer bets though. 

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bz50mzjmb6raobykv8je

49 minutes ago, Peppersmacks said:

Honestly, this is the most blatantly and unapologetically racist board I ever visit.  Unfortunately, there just aren't a lot of Eagles message boards.  If there was a feature where the only posts that appeared are people giving me tweets on Eagles news and rumors, I'd sign up for that in a second.

get lost

7 minutes ago, Peppersmacks said:

Nope.  You are racist because you think someone should be given something because of their race, not their qualifications.

50 minutes ago, Peppersmacks said:

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, twistr said:

this can absolutely have to do with implicit bias, which is/can be a function of systemic racism, so even in your own example you show how the system perpetuates itself. The Rooney rule, much like Affirmative Action, is a flawed attempt to try and end those things that can cause that implicit bias. That being said, I don't know what the answer really is.

I’m a stickler for the term "systemic racism.” It’s thrown around a lot, but few can actually point to specifically what systems they’re talking about and what about the systems specifically are racist.

Regardless, interviewing better isn’t necessarily related to any bias. Maybe one candidate is just more affable and charismatic than another. Generally, I think bias is perfectly fine and normal. Wanting an offensive coach over defensive coach is a bias. Preferring a disciplinarian over a mild mannered coach is a bias. Wanting an eye test guy over an analytics guy is a bias.

Outside of sports, wanting to date a blonde over a brunette is a bias. We all have biases.

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I'm the cranky one.  Get your own schtick  

D674BA94-D45A-4334-8326-0DBEB1C5D88D.jpeg

1 minute ago, Sack that QB said:

I’m a stickler for the term "systemic racism.” It’s thrown around a lot, but few can actually point to specifically what systems they’re talking about and what about the systems specifically are racist.

Regardless, interviewing better isn’t necessarily related to any bias. Maybe one candidate is just more affable and charismatic than another. Generally, I think bias is perfectly fine and normal. Wanting an offensive coach over defensive coach is a bias. Preferring a disciplinarian over a mild mannered coach is a bias. Wanting an eye test guy over an analytics guy is a bias.

Outside of sports, wanting to date a blonde over a brunette is a bias. We all have biases.

I am biased against people who use the word biased so many times in one post.

18 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

2 white guys in the first round. Fail

I'm pretty sure they are all white guys

5 hours ago, greendestiny27 said:

Yeah I'm not crazy about it. 

1st 2 draft picks PAC12. What's that saying about not learning from your mistakes?

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I'm pretty sure they are all white guys

I was looking at only the 1st round

The Howell is Korean though

Archived