EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, Peppersmacks said:

Honestly, this is the most blatantly and unapologetically racist board I ever visit.  Unfortunately, there just aren't a lot of Eagles message boards.  If there was a feature where the only posts that appeared on people giving me tweets on Eagles news and rumors, I'd sign up for that in a second.

Care to give examples?

You can always join reddit

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

We just picked a supreme court judge solely based on her color... NOTHING in this country will surprise me going forward. 

You forgot to mention that she's also highly qualified ,and the idea that one would beforehand go out of ones way to verbally say one was going to put forth a black women didn't doesn't need to be said but hey politics🤷‍♂️

I don't think most reasonable people have a problem with her as a candidate more so they have a problem with the process.

Where as with other nominees people had a problem with them as candidates and their qualifications.

Same applies with Flores, I don't think people have a problem with him as a coaching candidate well at least not before he went off the rails,I think people are mad about the process whether they are for or against that process.

1 minute ago, Peppersmacks said:

What is ironic is you present this superficial analysis while claiming others fail to go below surface level.  You completely ignore that for many people in evaluating who they feel are best for the job, they are doing so with subconscious racism.  Many people not coincidentally conclude that the best person for the job is someone like them.  

How do you know they are doing so with "subconscious racism" are you a mind reader? And there is a key distinction between bias and racism. Bias is natural and generally speaking there is nothing wrong with bias. It's biological and innate in human beings. If an organization hires someone because they have a previous relationship with that person, that is bias, and there is nothing wrong with that. Teams can hire whomever they choose.

Unless the people doing the hiring are thinking "This person is black therefore he must not be very smart, I want no parts of that guy" which is clear and blatant vile racism, then that would be totally unacceptable and those doing the hiring should be booted from the league if able to prove it. But bias is natural and normal. And not the same as racism.

11 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

This is correct, it is hard to prove. But that’s the breaks. There can be bias in any hiring practices, but the solutions to these problems proposed tend to be much worse ideas. Like the new rule that says every team is required to hire a minority or a woman. Completely unconstitutional. It sets a terrible precedent. Then eventually that leads to "you’ve already filled your quota of ____ ethnicity, you can no longer hire more of those individuals”

And if you think that is far fetched and will never happen, see what Harvard has done with Asian applicants and the lawsuit filed against Harvard for discrimination based on race. Which is always the endgame of any equity practice gone too far. More discrimination, just in the other direction.

Uh, where did you get your law degree? I love when non-layers pontificate on Constitutional Law after they stay at a Holiday Inn.

NFL as a business, could show a historical pattern of inequity that they wish to resolve for business reasons (with majority black players, the paucity of black coaches could lead to poor management-labor relations and bad publicity that would hurt the bottom line). Given the circumstances, and that they are not actively discriminating against anyone, but merely attempting to rectify the consequences of past discrimination, and have valid business reasons for doing so, not sure you could find a Civil Rights law violation.

Both the "Left" and the "Right" read too much into the Constitution (really the Bill of Rights, the Constitution itself is primarily a blue print for governance and has little to say about "Rights").

58 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I'll take a projection with a guy with plus arm talent over an athletic guy with non plus arm talent every time.

I think he's worth a top 100 pick, the one thing that would keep him out of top 100 is the Injury concerns other than that he's got the arm talent and college production that in most drafts would qualify him for top 100 pick.

I mean Nick foles went 88th do you not think string is just as good a prospect as Nick foles was?

For the record I really liked Nick foles in that draft.

I actually had a few mocks of eagles taking him in the 3rd or 4th.

The knock on Foles coming out of college was his arm strength. Of course, he came out with Keenum (arm strength) and Kellen Moore (what a weak arm really looks like).  I remember them doing some skills competition together. Nick’s problem was a super long wind up.  (He still reverts to it on occasion, which is why he has consistency issues).  But Nick won a Super Bowl.  

21 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Never understood why people make clones

Honestly if I was mod I'd ban someone doing it 🤷‍♂️

Well that was the rule. 

1 hour ago, greend said:

:roll: 

My ignore list grew today with this nonsense.  It's gotta be a RTK burner account.

5 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Care to give examples?

You can always join reddit

17 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

We just picked a supreme court judge solely based on her color... NOTHING in this country will surprise me going forward. 

48 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

There is nothing wrong with racial disparities in any hiring process as long as they aren't due to racism. You hire the people you feel are best for the job and it shakes out how it shakes out. And if you find out that a team has purposely neglected someone due to skin color, then they should be punished severely.

The problem is whenever there is any inequity, people assume the reason is racism. They don't analyze it below surface level.

46 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Imagine being a white dude and knowing your co-worker with the same title is worth more than you because of his race.

What a world we live in 

It only took like 3 posts from JOJO to fill it out lol

8 minutes ago, Peppersmacks said:

If there was a feature where the only posts that appeared are people giving me tweets on Eagles news and rumors, I'd sign up for that in a second.

I dunno, maybe try twitter ??

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

My ignore list grew today with this nonsense.  It's gotta be a RTK burner account.

I don't think it's him. 

8 minutes ago, Peppersmacks said:

What is ironic is you present this superficial analysis while claiming others fail to go below surface level.  You completely ignore that for many people in evaluating who they feel are best for the job, they are doing so with subconscious racism.  Many people not coincidentally conclude that the best person for the job is someone like them.  

Prove it.

6 minutes ago, Peppersmacks said:

Honestly, this is the most blatantly and unapologetically racist board I ever visit.  Unfortunately, there just aren't a lot of Eagles message boards.  If there was a feature where the only posts that appeared are people giving me tweets on Eagles news and rumors, I'd sign up for that in a second.

:lol: Please, provide examples.

4 minutes ago, Utebird said:

You forgot to mention that she's also highly qualified ,and the idea that one would beforehand go out of ones way to verbally say one was going to put forth a black women didn't doesn't need to be said but hey politics🤷‍♂️

I don't think most reasonable people have a problem with her as a candidate more so they have a problem with the process.

Where as with other nominees people had a problem with them as candidates and their qualifications.

Same applies with Flores, I don't think people have a problem with him as a coaching candidate well at least not before he went off the rails,I think people are mad about the process whether they are for or against that process.

This is my position. She's definitely qualified, yet they sullied her achievement by explicitly limiting the hiring pool beforehand to only black women. Had Joe just nominated her without doing the circle jerk beforehand and celebrated AFTER her appointment, it would have been received far better.

6 minutes ago, Peppersmacks said:

How do her credentials compare to Amy Comey Barrett?

Or Gorush or Thomas or Alito, none of which are impressive jurists. Same for Sotomayer.

Kagan is a cut above, as is Kavanaugh (despite lying about his drinking history, which was a mistake, should have just admitted to youthful indiscretions, apologized and moved on).

Breyer and Roberts were the only two that I'd consider first rate intellects.

But that's par for the course for the Court.

5 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

How do you know they are doing so with "subconscious racism" are you a mind reader? And there is a key distinction between bias and racism. Bias is natural and generally speaking there is nothing wrong with bias. It's biological and innate in human beings. If an organization hires someone because they have a previous relationship with that person, that is bias, and there is nothing wrong with that. Teams can hire whomever they choose.

Unless the people doing the hiring are thinking "This person is black therefore he must not be very smart, I want no parts of that guy" which is clear and blatant vile racism, then that would be totally unacceptable and those doing the hiring should be booted from the league if able to prove it. But bias is natural and normal. And not the same as racism.

If your bias is to think someone of a different race is less than, then your bias is racism.  I don't know what they are thinking but my point is only that if people are just hiring who they think is best without, like you, even examining whether the reason they think someone is best is because they share the same race, it's a problem.  

5 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Uh, where did you get your law degree? I love when non-layers pontificate on Constitutional Law after they stay at a Holiday Inn.

NFL as a business, could show a historical pattern of inequity that they wish to resolve for business reasons (with majority black players, the paucity of black coaches could lead to poor management-labor relations and bad publicity that would hurt the bottom line). Given the circumstances, and that they are not actively discriminating against anyone, but merely attempting to rectify the consequences of past discrimination, and have valid business reasons for doing so, not sure you could find a Civil Rights law violation.

Both the "Left" and the "Right" read too much into the Constitution (really the Bill of Rights, the Constitution itself is primarily a blue print for governance and has little to say about "Rights").

Is that like a virgin? 

2 minutes ago, austinfan said:

I used that term loosely, I have a feeling in a technical sense it's probably debatable based on the exact letter of the law.

Regardless, the endgame of equity always ends in future discrimination. A lot of DEI based practices come from the tenants of nutjob Ibram Kendi who is a big proponent of equity, and in his books he states that the only way to fix past discrimination is future discrimination.

So what you're seeing now in various institutions across the country are very toxic discriminatory policies put into place as a means of "redistribution." Do I know the NFL is going to get to that point? No. Am I concerned it could? Of course.

Just now, Outlaw said:

Prove it.

:lol: Please, provide examples.

This is my position. She's definitely qualified, yet they sullied her achievement by explicitly limiting the hiring pool beforehand to only black women. Had Joe just nominated her without doing the circle jerk beforehand and celebrated AFTER her appointment, it would have been received far better.

Well, given the previous administration only nominated conservative activist white judges, is there really a difference?  All for political reasons.

Just now, greend said:

Is that like a virgin? 

Damned spell check, always let's you down!

1 hour ago, greend said:

Nah, you misunderstand the use of clones. They aren't going to agree with what the owner of the clone believes they would go on another topic or even argue against the owner

You think RTK is bright enough to be that nuanced?

If your bias is to think someone of a different race is less than, then your bias is racism.  I don't know what they are thinking but my point is only that if people are just hiring who they think is best without, like you, even examining whether the reason they think someone is best is because they share the same race, it's a problem.  

But you just stated there is subconscious racism like it is a fact. How do you know any team who hired a white guy over a black guy did so because they thought the black guy was inferior due to his skin color and not something like they preferred his offensive system or had a better rapport with the owner and GM in interviews?

Okay so provide example of people in this blog saying anyone's race is "less than". 

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

You think RTK is bright enough to be that nuanced?

Again I don't think it's him

1 minute ago, Sack that QB said:

I used that term loosely, I have a feeling in a technical sense it's probably debatable based on the exact letter of the law.

Regardless, the endgame of equity always ends in future discrimination. A lot of DEI based practices come from the tenants of nutjob Ibram Kendi who is a big proponent of equity, and in his books he states that the only way to fix past discrimination is future discrimination.

So what you're seeing now in various institutions across the country are very toxic discriminatory policies put into place as a means of "redistribution." Do I know the NFL is going to get to that point? No. Am I concerned it could? Of course.

Well, since most elite jobs are obtained through connections, the only way to equalize opportunity is to equalize the people in position to provide those connections.

Unfortunately, there is no "right" solution, only ad hoc policies that try to address past injustices while limiting future harm.

Look at Silicon Valley, while these are talented people, they also limited opportunities to people in their circle, mostly white engineers who went to Stanford. Now I suspect there's a much wider circle of talent but without access to seed capital and the right connections, they have limited opportunities to compete.

Life isn't fair, but that doesn't mean we have to accept systematic inequities as given. But there are no easy answers.

9 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

It's hoser, ya jerkface! 

seriously what a tool

23 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Can't we all just get along? 

No we can't!!!!!!!

Archived