Amazon thread

dawkins4prez

I’m four episodes in and Reacher is really good. This is a better adaptation than I expected. Willa Fitzgerald got naked already so that’s a plus.

• Like 3

I've read all of the Reacher books (I think I couldn't get through maybe two of the more recent ones though, just awful).

I am not sure I will watch the TV stuff. I was debating. Saw some decent reviews and some awful reviews.

He is 6'5', 250 lbs in the books.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LacesOut said:

I've read all of the Reacher books (I think I couldn't get through maybe two of the more recent ones though, just awful).

I am not sure I will watch the TV stuff. I was debating. Saw some decent reviews and some awful reviews.

He is 6'5', 250 lbs in the books.

The new guy probably doesnt quite fit that build, but is certainly bigger than Tom Cruise.  

Reacher books, nor this series, will never be considered high cultured art by any means, but like the books, the TV series moves at a good pace and entertains the reader/viewer.  Give it a shot.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Gern Blanston said:

The new guy probably doesnt quite fit that build, but is certainly bigger than Tom Cruise.  

Reacher books, nor this series, will never be considered high cultured art by any means, but like the books, the TV series moves at a good pace and entertains the reader/viewer.  Give it a shot.

This is spot on. It’s a damned good version of what it tries to be: Decent mystery, likable characters, fun action sequences, and some funny dialogue. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

This is spot on. It’s a damned good version of what it tries to be: Decent mystery, likable characters, fun action sequences, and some funny dialogue. 

Just finished and think they do a good job representing Reacher. 

• Like 4

Small issue -- Reacher looks jacked/ripped/weight lifting physique for the TV series. But, in the books, he is just big, strong and powerful, a seasoned and experienced fighter. He constantly travels, he has no permanent home; therefore, he wouldn't have a gym body. Again, small issue. Just something I noticed.

Also, in the books he's mostly scruffy, unshaven, messy hair, etc...he seems a bit too clean in the TV series. Too Military.

BUT, it's still better than having a 5'8" actor portray Reacher. SMH at that.

• Like 1

https://deadline.com/2022/02/reacher-renewed-season-2-amazon-1234928214/

Jack Reacher is returning.

Amazon has renewed Alan Ritchson-fronted action drama series Reacher for a second season.

The fast turnaround renewal comes three days after the streamer launched the Lee Child adaptation.

Amazon said that Reacher ranked in its top five most-watched series ever in the U.S. and globally over a 24-hour period – though it’s worth noting that all eight episodes of the series launched at once. The company added that it also was among its highest-rated original series, with subscribers giving it an average rating of 4.7 out of 5.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Gern Blanston said:

https://deadline.com/2022/02/reacher-renewed-season-2-amazon-1234928214/

Jack Reacher is returning.

Amazon has renewed Alan Ritchson-fronted action drama series Reacher for a second season.

The fast turnaround renewal comes three days after the streamer launched the Lee Child adaptation.

Amazon said that Reacher ranked in its top five most-watched series ever in the U.S. and globally over a 24-hour period – though it’s worth noting that all eight episodes of the series launched at once. The company added that it also was among its highest-rated original series, with subscribers giving it an average rating of 4.7 out of 5.

I wonder if there's a correlation between views and how many episodes are released. I like the season releases instead of the week-to-week ones

• Like 1

On 2/12/2022 at 2:40 PM, Mike030270 said:

I wonder if there's a correlation between views and how many episodes are released. I like the season releases instead of the week-to-week ones

I would think a full season drop probably does better because it likely generates more social media buzz/chatter and the fact that its easier to follow characters/plots without a 7 day interruption.  That said, I don't completely mind the weekly doses either - if only to draw things out rather than blow thru a season over a weekend.

Just watch Panic.  Not great, but a decent show that’s one season long and gives you a decent story for that one season.  Reminds me of that movie Nerve.  A quick 10 show series.

Season 4 of the The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel came out over the weekend. Well the first two eps anyway. 

On 2/20/2022 at 9:30 AM, Mat said:

Season 4 of the The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel came out over the weekend. Well the first two eps anyway. 

The Ferris Wheel scene in ep. 1 is one of its best bits yet.

• 2 months later...
On 11/30/2021 at 10:27 AM, mr_hunt said:

i'm now on season 3 & nepa is becoming a major plot point! :worthy:   

i finally finished man in the high castle.  fittingly, it turns out that nepa is the center of the multiverse & the source of much power. i mean...i've known that for years...but now the rest of the world knows as well. 

i thought the final season was a bit rushed...but they seems to finish up enough storylines to make it enjoyable. good series overall....7 out of 10 for me. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Watched the first episode of The Outlaws this weekend, decent start...

• 1 month later...

just finished season 1 of "severance" the other day....really good show, imo. and what a f'n cliffhanger!  can't wait for season 2. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

just finished season 1 of "severance" the other day....really good show, imo. and what a f'n cliffhanger!  can't wait for season 2. 

Loved season 1. Was a definite pleasant surprise when I decided to check it out. 

On 7/5/2022 at 8:16 PM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Looking forward to it.  I’m trying to make it through Reacher.  But damn is it tough.  Terrible dialogue and acting.  So bad.  

I liked Reacher. We discussed it in here or the netflix thread maybe.... but some of us were unsure but leaning towards the guy acted that way on purpose because thats the character. People said he has been good in other things. I think the character is just really dry, and doesnt say much. 

I enjoyed the investigation, and whatever action there was. 

I would definitely say that The Terminal List is better. I think you can probably poke a few holes in the plot. But the action is better. Overall just a cooler show.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2022 at 7:40 PM, HazletonEagle said:

The Terminal List

solid so far. 4 episodes in. Like it.

On 7/5/2022 at 8:16 PM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Looking forward to it.  I’m trying to make it through Reacher.  But damn is it tough.  Terrible dialogue and acting.  So bad.  

Watched some of it this weekend. Good action thriller series. Kind of like a more realistic version of The Punisher.

A buddy of mine who is in the teams thought it was really well done from a gun handling/tactics view. I guess the writer (former SEAL himself) had a lot of sway over the action sequences.

It won’t win any awards, but it’s definitely entertaining.

image.png.a9ee9efb1293998653ffbd5043a2422c.png

The woke critics are butthurt about this show because there weren't any gays or trannies, but normal people love it.  Checks out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

The woke critics are butthurt about this show because there weren't any gays or trannies, but normal people love it.  Checks out.

My wife liked this and I was planning to start it soon.  I haven’t heard much about it either way.

8 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

My wife liked this and I was planning to start it soon.  I haven’t heard much about it either way.

Woke people keep criticizing it as being gun loving revenge pron.

• Haha 1