Amazon thread

dawkins4prez

On 12/30/2020 at 10:42 AM, jrsu37 said:

Any of yous watch Wayne? Ish had me rolling...What a fun show.

This show was hilarious.  I hope they plan on a 2nd season.  

• Like 2

Finished The Wilds

Crazy plot

Had a bunch of boring teenage scenes but the plot got me

Spoiler

How will the show explain this happening in the world? And with the last scene showing that there's a male experiment as well. I'm curious how the male experience goes too. Looks like very long prison sentencing for everyone involved. I'm guessing that woman funding it all is a multibillionaire because you'd have to have a crap ton of money to bankroll this whole thing. Don't know how they could let the one girl leave when she knows everything now.

So one girl had a mental breakdown, one lost an arm, and one died. How do you keep that under wraps when the whole thing is over

Also the younger sister being involved...that's Fing crazy to knowingly put people through that and even your sibling

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2021 at 9:01 PM, Mike030270 said:

The last season of Vikings is already on Prime Video

One of the best shows I've ever watched...Went off the rails a bit there with Harbard, but it found it's footing again rather quickly.

Seems about time to end it though. Probably should have ended a few seasons ago, but I've still enjoyed every episode.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrsu37 said:

One of the best shows I've ever watched...Went off the rails a bit there with Harbard, but it found it's footing again rather quickly.

Seems about time to end it though. Probably should have ended a few seasons ago, but I've still enjoyed every episode.

I loved the first 2-3 seasons back when nobody was paying attention.  Let it go somewhere around the 4th.

On 1/4/2021 at 10:33 PM, Mike030270 said:

Finished The Wilds

Crazy plot

Had a bunch of boring teenage scenes but the plot got me

Reveal hidden contents

How will the show explain this happening in the world? And with the last scene showing that there's a male experiment as well. I'm curious how the male experience goes too. Looks like very long prison sentencing for everyone involved. I'm guessing that woman funding it all is a multibillionaire because you'd have to have a crap ton of money to bankroll this whole thing. Don't know how they could let the one girl leave when she knows everything now.

So one girl had a mental breakdown, one lost an arm, and one died. How do you keep that under wraps when the whole thing is over

Also the younger sister being involved...that's Fing crazy to knowingly put people through that and even your sibling

I LOVED the Wilds.  Up there with White Lines as the most underrated shows of 2020.

I used to think "Eraser Head" was the strangest movie I had ever seen. Saturday night I stumbled across this "movie" that was so bizarre, I found myself constantly wondering what did I just watch?

"Mope"

I don't know how I even feel about this movie. It was really bad. But unlike most bad films I couldn't turn it off. It was like watching a really bad car accident and you come almost to a stop to watch it because you just can't look away. It's like a really bad student film. I can't figure out of it's supposed to be funny or bizarre or if they were trying to make a serious movie. It starts out like a cheesy stupid B movie (B is being generous), but then toward the end it seems like its trying to be serious and "deep". It's about these 2 dorky guys who want to get into the pr0n industry. If you decide to watch this "movie" be warned, you'll feel like you need a shower after. If you do decide to watch it, I'd be interested in hearing comments about it. 

• Haha 1

Watched a good documentary on amazon last night. "Looking for Big Country". Its short and an interesting watch if you're an NBA fan. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watched 2 movies on Amazon this weekend...

Compliance: About a prank caller fooling the manager of a fast food restaurant into doing all kinds of creepy ish to one of her employees. Spent the entire movie going "This could never really happen. No one could possibly be this stupid". By the end, I come to find out that not only did it really happen, exactly how it did in the movie, it happened like 80 times. There is a 20/20 episode which is dramatized at the end of the movie. I ended up finding it on youtube, where the real people talk about it and they show the security cam footage. 

Bliss: Salma Hayek and Owen Wilson are pretty good in it. Kind of a Matrix / Inception type story. Not as good as either of those movies but entertaining all the same. Wilson plays a down on his luck divorced unemployed guy who meets Hayek who convinces him that he is living in a fake reality. There are some glaring plot holes, but its worth watching. 

• Like 2

On 5/26/2020 at 11:07 AM, mr_hunt said:

watched a few eps of jack ryan & thought it was okay...i might get back to that one.  high castle is on my radar...as is the expanse. i don't know much about bosch. 

High castle was very good, Goliath is good

Coming 2 America was ok

Seemed more like a nostalgic reboot than a sequel. It was cool they brought everyone back but

Spoiler

the plot was the same as the first

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Coming 2 America was ok

Seemed more like a nostalgic reboot than a sequel. It was cool they brought everyone back but

Hide contents

the plot was the same as the first

Was pretty average but I didn't expect much. It had some funny bits at least but it also felt far more censored than the original. 

Spoiler

You're right, plot was basically a rehash but with pretty much 0 character development and a bunch of throwbacks inserted into the film.

Coming to America 2 is, charming , I guess is the word.  Will make you laugh just enough.  Murphy is a husk of his former self for most of the movie (the barbershop bit is still good), but there's a lot of energy from the supporting cast, especially Snipes and Leslie Jones.

• Like 1

Hollywood needs to stop making comedic sequels a thing. They always suck

I'm surprised the sjw haven't gone after the movie.

Spoiler

Lavelle's mother essentially raped Akeem

Watched it tonight.  A few funny moments but overall a waste of an hour and a half.  

7 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Anyone watch Hunters?

I thought season 1 was good, curious to see the direction they take it.

On 3/9/2021 at 9:40 AM, Mike030270 said:

I'm surprised the sjw haven't gone after the movie.

Hide contents

Lavelle's mother essentially raped Akeem

They have. That and 

Spoiler

The line where he says in the Barbershop my grandson is now my grandaughter. I read a review on Rotten Tomatoes that couldn't get past those lines. 

http://www.solzyatthemovies.com/2021/03/04/coming-2-america-a-non-review-review/

1 hour ago, Mat said:

They have. That and 

Hide contents

The line where he says in the Barbershop my grandson is now my grandaughter. I read a review on Rotten Tomatoes that couldn't get past those lines. 

http://www.solzyatthemovies.com/2021/03/04/coming-2-america-a-non-review-review/

So virtuous... . 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2021 at 4:58 PM, Joe Shades 73 said:

Anyone watch Hunters?

We really enjoyed it. Its one of the series I am really looking forward to seeing another season

• Like 1