Will Smith goes Philly hood on Chris Rock

Gannan

To everyone saying the joke was inappropriate, repeating that like its just fact...it was a JOKE. Jada has given interviews about how she embraced it, and says she laughs at it. This world where literally nobody can tell a joke anymore is terrifying. 

The part that's disappointing -- GI Jane? Making jokes about movies that came out like 25 years ago? I'm insulted because it wasn't a very good joke.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

I like how three guys consoled Smith afterwards, but no one seemed to give an ish about Chris Rock :lol: Hollywood sucks so bad

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

To everyone saying the joke was inappropriate, repeating that like its just fact...it was a JOKE. Jada has given interviews about how she embraced it, and says she laughs at it. This world where literally nobody can tell a joke anymore is terrifying. 

The part that's disappointing -- GI Jane? Making jokes about movies that came out like 25 years ago? I'm insulted because it wasn't a very good joke.

I said this earlier in the thread but I think emotions were running high as it was a big night for him and he probably had a few drinks in him too. NOT excusing it because it’s a shame that this has now overshadowed his first Oscar win. I like Will Smith - his kooky family and relationship aside, he’s by all accounts a genuinely nice person and his Instagram is actually a funny follow. I think he is under his wife’s thumb and she does wear the pants - I think he’s probably embarrassed and tired of being the butt of jokes about his marriage and in that moment it all came to a head. 

That said everyone freaking out and claiming he should be arrested for some weak ass sissy slap - like get a grip. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

I didn't know she had a medical condition. There are many who don't know and it's possible Chris Rock didn't know as well. But yeah, it is inappropriate to joke about a woman's physical appearance, but it certainly doesn't deserve a violent response. 

Just now, Mike030270 said:

I've read that one is from the preshow

The Kidman reaction was broadcast live on TV. It's real. I saw it.

1 minute ago, binkybink77 said:

I said this earlier in the thread but I think emotions were running high as it was a big night for him and he probably had a few drinks in him too. NOT excusing it because it’s a shame that this has now overshadowed his first Oscar win. I like Will Smith - his kooky family and relationship aside, he’s by all accounts a genuinely nice person and his Instagram is actually a funny follow. I think he is under his wife’s thumb and she does wear the pants - I think he’s probably embarrassed and tired of being the butt of jokes about his marriage and in that moment it all came to a head. 

That said everyone freaking out and claiming he should be arrested for some weak ass sissy slap - like get a grip. 

It's really not that complicated -- don't jump up on stage and hit people during a live performance. Smith should have been removed from the theater. Arrested? No. Removed? Yes.

I would die laughing if other comedians came to Rock's defense and started putting out Jada bald jokes on social media. This place where we censor everyone because some people can't take a joke is terrible.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

I didn't know she had a medical condition. There are many who don't know and it's possible Chris Rock didn't know as well. But yeah, it is inappropriate to joke about a woman's physical appearance, but it certainly doesn't deserve a violent response. 

I mean, it's kind of what happens at these things. Ricky Gervais basically called everyone in attendance a pedophile/sexual predator during his. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

It's really not that complicated -- don't jump up on stage and hit people during a live performance. Smith should have been removed from the theater. Arrested? No. Removed? Yes.

I would die laughing if other comedians came to Rock's defense and started putting out Jada bald jokes on social media. This place where we censor everyone because some people can't take a joke is terrible.

I like how the academy tweeted out that they don't condone violence after the show.  Ummm, you allowed Smith to take the stage and accept his award, so yeah, you kinda do :roll: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

No. No it's not. We've been making jokes about women and men's appearances for decades now. Hell, @Kz! busts on people's height in here all the time. Jokes are inappropriate when they are in bad taste and are delivered with malicious intent. Rock wasn't even close to that line. 

It's crap like this that gets people like Rock, Chappelle, etc. cancelled. It's enough. Especially in this case -- you're a celebrity, and being made fun of is part of the gig. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

this. the world doesn't revolve around the smiths. get over it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Yep, and have someone could have gone on stage to accept his Oscar. Maybe some one from the Academy. (The Academy failed and ended up condoning violence.)

Will Smith could not be here to accept his Oscar due to the unfortunate display of violence. The Academy does not condone violence. We proudly accept this Oscar on his behalf. Thank you. 

The Academy does not condone violence? Looks like someone’s never seen a movie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vikas83 said:

No. No it's not. We've been making jokes about women and men's appearances for decades now. Hell, @Kz! busts on people's height in here all the time. Jokes are inappropriate when they are in bad taste and are delivered with malicious intent. Rock wasn't even close to that line. 

It's crap like this that gets people like Rock, Chappelle, etc. cancelled. It's enough. Especially in this case -- you're a celebrity, and being made fun of is part of the gig. 

Rock was almost apologetic in the way he delivered the joke which tells me he wasn't sure of the reaction he would get and in that case, better to say something else.   

10 hours ago, binkybink77 said:

The looks of utter shock :roll:  - like these a-holes haven’t had similar reactions to the plebes who prepare their vaginal steams with the wrong aromatics 

Shish, Bink on fire today.

3 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

The good comics already have the jokes written and ready to preform them live next time they go on stage. No doubt, Dave has a hilarious take on it and he should. 

4 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

I agree he shouldn’t have done it. I’m just not that outraged I guess. It’s the Oscars and a bunch of self congratulatory a-holes.. I only hate watch to begin with (and for the fashion) and that was the most exciting/dramatic thing that happened all night. Besides the Encanto performance which was very well done. 

I’m sure that Chris Rock will actually positively benefit in the end. 

• Like 1

i heard they brought in a veteran nypd detective to investigate this as a possible assault. 

this guy:

telly-savalas-kojak-color-5c01fb5e46e0fb

:whistle:     

Somehow, I find it hard to believe.

Yahoo Celebrity

Will Smith and Chris Rock have already made up after Oscars fight, claims Diddy: ‘That’s over’

At Sunday's Oscars, Best Actor winner Smith stormed to the stage and hit presenter Rock over a joke the comedian told about Smith's wife, Jada Pinkett Smith. While it was highly dramatic, with Smith continuing to yell F-bombs at Rock from his seat, it's apparently already behind them.

"That’s not a problem. That’s over," Sean Combs told Page Six at the Vanity Fair after-party. "I can confirm that. It's all love. They’re brothers."

I think I’d be more outraged if Will started a campaign about comedians and the censoring of jokes rather than him just acting hood sticking up for his woman :lol: 

• Like 2