Will Smith goes Philly hood on Chris Rock

Gannan

17 minutes ago, binkybink77 said:

I think I’d be more outraged if Will started a campaign about comedians and the censoring of jokes rather than him just acting hood sticking up for his woman :lol: 

someone on my cousin's FB feed is going on and on about bullying and how jokes like these are pushing teen suicides up 60%. she claims comedians need to be held accountable. 

i can't. 

• Like 1

Just now, Alpha_TATEr said:

someone on my cousin's FB feed that is going on and on about bullying and how jokes like these are pushing teen suicides up 60%. she claims comedians need to be held accountable. 

i can't. 

Yeah I’m not at all on the side of censoring jokes. I just find the pearl clutching on a Philadelphia mb over Will acting like a Philly hood rat funny. I’m sure the keyboard warriors are far more outraged than Chris Rock is who has a bunch of new material and attention now. 

44 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

To everyone saying the joke was inappropriate, repeating that like its just fact...it was a JOKE. Jada has given interviews about how she embraced it, and says she laughs at it. This world where literally nobody can tell a joke anymore is terrifying. 

The part that's disappointing -- GI Jane? Making jokes about movies that came out like 25 years ago? I'm insulted because it wasn't a very good joke.

Yeah for the people who are saying Rock deserved it... is that where we are? Violence is the appropriate response to jokes? I also thought it was weird how the celebrities there seemed more concerned about Smith than Rock who was the victim in all this. 

• Like 4

I think the moral of the story is we need to legalize dueling. 

That would solve a lot of problems in this country. 

People were more careful about insulting people back in the 1700s 

• Like 2

Is it standard Philly hood rat policy to let your wife openly bang other dudes?  :lol:   The whole thing is ridiculous 

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I like how three guys consoled Smith afterwards, but no one seemed to give an ish about Chris Rock :lol: Hollywood sucks so bad

Beat me to it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, binkybink77 said:

Yeah I’m not at all on the side of censoring jokes. I just find the pearl clutching on a Philadelphia mb over Will acting like a Philly hood rat funny. I’m sure the keyboard warriors are far more outraged than Chris Rock is who has a bunch of new material and attention now. 

exactly and if the flood of memes and gifs already out there are any indication, the comedy world as a whole is going to have a party with this. 

you know snl & south park already have scripts written. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikemack8 said:

Is it standard Philly hood rat policy to let your wife openly bang other dudes?  :lol:   The whole thing is ridiculous 

:roll: No it’s probably the other way around 

50189D0E-D557-45F7-B747-A65E4418E16C.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

someone on my cousin's FB feed is going on and on about bullying and how jokes like these are pushing teen suicides up 60%. she claims comedians need to be held accountable. 

i can't. 

My former boss' take...

"Will Smith has had to deal with racism his entire life so we can't really blame him for lashing out like this. "

Good lawd I'm so glad I quit academia. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gannan said:

My former boss' take...

"Will Smith has had to deal with racism his entire life so we can't really blame him for lashing out like this. "

Good lawd I'm so glad I quit academia. 

:roll:

1 hour ago, we_gotta_believe said:

For all the Q-tards still thinking this was staged, please answer the following:

What does Chris Rock stand to gain from this? 

What does Will Smith stand to gain from this? 

Both have damaged their image, possibly irreparably so in Smith's case.

And please don't tell me they both did it for the Oscars, as a distraction, or ratings, or any other insane reason.

Maybe not everything's a conspiracy. Maybe this was just one narcissistic a-hole losing his temper and hitting another a-hole for a joke that was in poor taste. There doesn't have to be a deeper meaning to it than that.

i dont actually think it was staged, but its not beyond my belief that it could have been. i mean, this is going to give rock a huge story to build a new special off of, will finally gets his oscar, the oscars get publicity and people will forget this after a week. 

do i think it was real? yes. do i think it could have been staged? sure

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I've read that there were rumors Will had entanglements as well but they weren't public like hers were. He also wasn't banging a house guest. Apparently he was banging Margot Robbie during a movie set

1 hour ago, The_Omega said:

The Academy does not condone violence? Looks like someone’s never seen a movie.

(Pssstttttt, those movies are not real)

Just FYI

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Yeah for the people who are saying Rock deserved it... is that where we are? Violence is the appropriate response to jokes? I also thought it was weird how the celebrities there seemed more concerned about Smith than Rock who was the victim in all this. 

I saw a pic of Rock coming out during the break and leaning off the stage to talk to them as Washington was in the middle. Guessing they talked to Smith after.

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Jada so bald, every time she takes a shower she gets brain washed 

Jada's next role will be in the new Superman movie. It will be all woke, and the villain will be transgender. Prepare for Jada Smith as...Lexi Luthor.

• Haha 3

59 minutes ago, binkybink77 said:

Meh, I bet you most of those people have never taken a punch, let alone are able to identify one. 

Here's what happened..... 

Rock made the joke. 

Will laughed. 

Jada got pissed at the joke and at Will for laughing. 

Will got pissed at her being pissed and took it out on Rock. 

It's obv that they have a toxic relationship based on all of the private crap they put out themselves, let alone what doesn't get reported. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

I like how three guys consoled Smith afterwards, but no one seemed to give an ish about Chris Rock :lol: Hollywood sucks so bad

Come on Mike, he got slapped.  You want someone to offer to kiss it better for him?  

Will probably immolated his career on a night that should have been the high point of that career.  Sure it was wrong and stupid but feeling compassion for someone obviously in need of help isn't really something to point out as a fault.

• Haha 2