Will Smith goes Philly hood on Chris Rock

Gannan

4 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

Yep. And after the investigation, I'm sure Will Smith won't be invited back any time soon. 

He’ll be back.  And Chris Rock is going to walk up on stage and slap him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Who cares? They are all entitled and we are nothing but blue collar slaves to the rich/powerful

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar says Will Smith 'perpetuated stereotypes about the Black community' by slapping Chris Rock at Oscars

https://www.aol.com/kareem-abdul-jabbar-says-smith-145518984.html

"With a single petulant blow, he advocated violence, diminished women, insulted the entertainment industry, and perpetuated stereotypes about the Black community,” Abdul-Jabbar writes of Smith.

Abdul-Jabbar argues the incident was more than just a slap to Rock, but rather a "slap to women.”

"By hitting Rock, he announced that his wife was incapable of defending herself — against words,” he states. "This patronizing, paternal attitude infantilizes women and reduces them to helpless damsels needing a Big Strong Man to defend their honor least they swoon from the vapors. If he was really doing it for his wife, and not his own need to prove himself, he might have thought about the negative attention this brought on them, much harsher than the benign joke. That would have been truly defending and respecting her.”

"This ‘women need men to defend them’ is the same justification currently being proclaimed by conservatives passing laws to restrict abortion and the LGBTQ+ community,” he continued, adding that Smith’s "self-serving acceptance speech” in which he talked about protecting his family in the same way his character in King Richard, for which he won an Oscar, was tone deaf.

"Those who protect don’t brag about it in front of 15 million people,” he explained. "They just do it and shut up. You don’t do it as a movie promotion claiming how you’re like the character you just won an award portraying. But, of course, the speech was about justifying his violence. Apparently, so many people need Smith’s protection that occasionally it gets too much and someone needs to be smacked.”

Abdul-Jabbar also argued that actions like Smith’s brings back a "Toxic Bro ideal” that can be damaging to young men, especially men of color. In fact, Smith's son, Jaden, would later go on Twitter after the incident, boastfully writing: "And That's How We Do It."

"Young boys — especially Black boys — watching their movie idol not just hit another man over a joke, but then justify it as him being a superhero-like protector, are now much more prone to follow in his childish footsteps,” he explained, adding, "One of the main talking points from those supporting the systemic racism in America is characterizing Blacks as more prone to violence and less able to control their emotions. Smith just gave comfort to the enemy by providing them with the perfect optics they were dreaming of.”

10 hours ago, EagleMatt said:

Yep. I posted this previously. Such a hypocrite.

26 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

image.jpeg.70c807ee43e10799f91d6a3d10d83f7e.jpeg

The memes are great. It’s the op-eds and bloviating on the racial effects and damage to black culture - seriously he slapped a dude for ripping his wife and then apologized the next day. As far as I know he hasn’t made a habit of this type of behavior - he’s not beating up women like Chris Brown or making misogynistic and insane abusive comments like Kanye. The overreaction to the dude making an ass of himself is a tad much. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, binkybink77 said:

People are still crying about this? :roll: 

You knew this would happen.  Arguing all angles.  Blame white supremacy!  Tell white people to stay out of it this is black folks business!  People taking sides, etc.

• Like 1

Just now, NOTW said:

You knew this would happen.  Arguing all angles.  Blame white supremacy!  Tell white people to stay out of it this is black folks business!  People taking sides, etc.

Meanwhile you have truly narcissistic a-holes like Alec Baldwin running around beating up paps, using homophobic and racial slurs, and literally shooting people on the set of his movie and the dude is still getting work. And is making tweets asking if anyone checked on Chris Rock afterwards - I don’t know Alec did you check on Halyna after you shot her (he didn’t). I know I’m biased because I like Will but still - damn. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, EagleMatt said:

Part of me wonders if Chris rock made this specific joke intentionally after watching the arsenio clip and that’s a big part of the reason it set Will off.  

25 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Slay weighing in

Shut up and play

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, paco said:

Shut up and play

Those words are violence, his wife (active on Twitter) will now come and slap you.  

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

Those words are violence, his wife (active on Twitter) will now come and slap you.  

That would be black on white crime and therefore she will be arrested, if I'm following the logic here.

• Haha 1