EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

7 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

Siri saw this and was sold. 

Not taking away anything from the dunk but if you're 6-4 and can't dunk something is wrong.  

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Not taking away anything from the dunk but if you're 6-4 and can't dunk something is wrong.  

Ben Simmons GIF - Ben Simmons - Discover & Share GIFs

Ben Simmons passes up WIDE OPEN layup 😮 Hawks vs 76ers Game 7 on Make a GIF

24 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

Siri saw this and was sold. 

Should see him on the Fisher Price net with Nick. 

"That's what they say," Hurts said Wednesday. "You know what I'm saying, like, it's understood, you know. It's my opportunity. It's my team. That's pretty much what it is, you know? It's my team. So I'm ready to go."

Philadelphia struggled significantly when almost forcibly throwing the ball in 2021, then morphed into a run-first offense that ended up leading the league in rushing and helped the Eagles secure their surprising playoff berth. Bolstering the receiving corps should help bring more balance to their attack, as should another year of NFL experience under Hurts' belt and one season of time spent working with coach Nick Sirianni.

"I think everything improves when you do it more and you're more efficient. I think that'll settle itself," Hurts said of Philadelphia's passing game. "A word for me has been consistency. That's my whole entire approach coming into year three: being consistent.

"I look back on last year knowing that there were games where I played at a very high level and then there were games where it wasn't the same. I think consistency in this league is everything. Ultimately, the work is being put in now, but that's what we're chasing and that's what I'm chasing. I think consistency can make it become elite."

What appeared to be an aging mess of a roster just 18 months ago now stands as one of the more promising groups in the NFL. Hurts might not be the sole headliner of the group, but he's certainly one of a few faces that also includes the likes of Brown and Smith.

"I think this is an exciting time to be an Eagle," Hurts said. "I think coming off of the things we were able to accomplish and overcome last year, I think there's a lot to look forward to. Just knowing that, for me, one thing I've been telling the guys is the foundation has been set. The standard has been set. The only direction is to climb."

23 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

A 28 year old Bradberry is worth more than a 29 year old Nelson.  

Yes, that was in fact, my point. 

4 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

He's Perfect GIFs | Tenor

The last couple years had so much parity, I think next year could have even more. With the bottom basement teams really improving. Teams like the Chiefs and Cowboys losing key players. Next season seems wide open, should be a lot of fun.

8 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

That's what they say," Hurts said Wednesday. "You know what I'm saying, like, it's understood, you know. It's my opportunity. It's my team. That's pretty much what it is, you know? It's my team. So I'm ready to go."

You know, it's like, my team and stuff, and I am the QB and everything like that

Just now, downundermike said:

You know, it's like, my team and stuff, and I am the QB and everything like that

It's chips on chips on chips.  

I'm less confident than I was yesterday on his ability to improve pre-snap recognition, going through reads ..... you know, QB stuff.

8 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yes, that was in fact, my point. 

spacer.png

Hurts is QB1 and the leader of the team it is what it is 

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

@Outlaw good thing we have Strong, Hurts does not have the arm strength to throw the ball for Blue Steel

Why does it seem like this guy played for some fictional made for TV college?  

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Why does it seem like this guy played for some fictional made for TV college?  

Blue Mountain State - Plugged In

Cosell on the Eagles draft moves:

1. Likes Davis a lot. Thinks he has tremendous strength, but not tremendous power yet. Meaning, he can hold the line as well as any prospect he's seen, but hasn't yet shown that consistent push yet to generate pass rush power. Thinks if the Eagles can get that out of him, he'll be an elite DT. Thinks he has the athleticism to move around. Wonders if maybe he doesn't necessarily ride the bench behind Cox and Hargrave and they use Cox in more of a pass rush role while Davis mans the middle.

2. Loves the AJ Brown trade. Thinks he's perfect for the Eagles offense and loves his physicality and YAC ability. Thinks this will benefit Smith greatly, because he thinks Smith is more suited in a Z type role and being moved around the formations. Said he watched Smith's tape this year because the Eagles coaches raved about him and his tape lived up to the hype.

3. Loves the Dean pick. Said he can't speak to whether or not he's injured, but he's absolutely a first round talent. Thinks he's a great stack linebacker and if the Eagles use a 5 man front, if he impresses in camp, it could be him and White in the middle. Loves his instincts and playmaking ability.

4. Didn't seem as high on Jurgens. Didn't dislike the pick, but thought he lacked raw power, but had amazing athleticism. Wasn't one of the people who had him ranked above Linderbaum, but he said he talked to people who did. Thinks Jurgens needs a year to develop and fill out because he doesn't have an NFL OL body yet, and doesn't think he has a ton of room to fill out. Not sure he sees him as a guard. Raved about his athleticism and when he gets to the 2nd level, he uses his athleticism to generate power. Thinks he will be suited for a passing game the Eagles want to start throwing more again and don't want an offense like the 2nd half of 2021.

5. Johnson really impressed him with his explosiveness and burst and get off the line, but doesn't think he's close to ready to being a pass rusher in the NFL yet. Thinks he's a backup to Reddick. Very impressive athlete.

6. Calcaterra is someone who's a pure receiving TE. Said he was once considered one of the better receiving TE prospects in college with Oklahoma and then the concussions happened. Thinks Eagles will use him purely as another receiving threat if he makes the team. Doesn't see a lot of blocking with him.

7. Strong - very good at deep and intermediate throws. The team asked him to make a lot of tough throws and he did. Teams told him he interviewed poorly and obviously the knee issues. Said he's one of the stiffest QBs in the pocket he's scene, has no agility whatsoever. May have been the knee brace, and maybe once he ditches that if he's healthy enough he displays more agility, but right now will only succeed in the NFL behind a great OL who can protect him because he won't be able to buy time at all.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Blue Mountain State - Plugged In

I consider myself a pretty big college football fan.  Could probably name all D1 schools, plenty of D2 and D3 school down to non-scholarship I-AA but I have never heard of Northwestern Oklahoma State University.  Apparently a D2 school.  Based on a simple search...graduation rate for the school, not football, the entire school is 27%.

I'm baffled by this.  

6 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

1. Likes Davis a lot. Thinks he has tremendous strength, but not tremendous power yet. Meaning, he can hold the line as well as any prospect he's seen, but hasn't yet shown that consistent push yet to generate pass rush power. Thinks if the Eagles can get that out of him, he'll be an elite DT. Thinks he has the athleticism to move around. Wonders if maybe he doesn't necessarily ride the bench behind Cox and Hargrave and they use Cox in more of a pass rush role while Davis mans the middle.

2. Loves the AJ Brown trade. Thinks he's perfect for the Eagles offense and loves his physicality and YAC ability. Thinks this will benefit Smith greatly, because he thinks Smith is more suited in a Z type role and being moved around the formations. Said he watched Smith's tape this year because the Eagles coaches raved about him and his tape lived up to the hype.

3. Loves the Dean pick. Said he can't speak to whether or not he's injured, but he's absolutely a first round talent. Thinks he's a great stack linebacker and if the Eagles use a 5 man front, if he impresses in camp, it could be him and White in the middle. Loves his instincts and playmaking ability.

4. Didn't seem as high on Jurgens. Didn't dislike the pick, but thought he lacked raw power, but had amazing athleticism. Wasn't one of the people who had him ranked above Linderbaum, but he said he talked to people who did. Thinks Jurgens needs a year to develop and fill out because he doesn't have an NFL OL body yet, and doesn't think he has a ton of room to fill out. Not sure he sees him as a guard. Raved about his athleticism and when he gets to the 2nd level, he uses his athleticism to generate power. Thinks he will be suited for a passing game the Eagles want to start throwing more again and don't want an offense like the 2nd half of 2021.

5. Johnson really impressed him with his explosiveness and burst and get off the line, but doesn't think he's close to ready to being a pass rusher in the NFL yet. Thinks he's a backup to Reddick. Very impressive athlete.

6. Calcaterra is someone who's a pure receiving TE. Said he was once considered one of the better receiving TE prospects in college with Oklahoma and then the concussions happened. Thinks Eagles will use him purely as another receiving threat if he makes the team. Doesn't see a lot of blocking with him.

7. Strong - very good at deep and intermediate throws. The team asked him to make a lot of tough throws and he did. Teams told him he interviewed poorly and obviously the knee issues. Said he's one of the stiffest QBs in the pocket he's scene, has no agility whatsoever. May have been the knee brace, and maybe once he ditches that if he's healthy enough he displays more agility, but right now will only succeed in the NFL behind a great OL who can protect him because he won't be able to buy time at all.

Listened to that today. Perfect summary. Thanks!

15 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

He was super critical of Davis before the draft, in fact I haven’t heard anyone as skeptical as he was. He repeated that (number of snaps, no pass rush) but was really trying to dial it back some and talk about his strength and potential now.

He said he was, like Kelce, a pure center that relies on athletic ability but has problems against power. Doesn’t think the frame can still be bulked up. Agreed with Mosher that he still needs more experience to identify stuff just because he hasn’t done it enough.

He liked the draft, but he still is less high on it than anyone else. But he tried his best to leave the door open that they can grow into great players and that he doesn’t get all information (like from Georgia coaches).

I think he’s wrong on both in his evaluation. They are excellent picks.

16 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Found this part of the conversation very interesting. They kept mentioning how great AJ Brown was at taking slants/RPOs/Playaction passes behind LBs and adding a ton of YACs. How this is a perfect fit here because it was the one thing lacking in our WR room. What they didn’t mention though that I think is going to be the biggest test for success this year is can/will Hurts make those tight quick passes to the middle of the field that AJ can then use to to run after the catch. Hurts has actually done very little of that in the last 1.5 years. You can probably count how many slants he’s completed in fingers of one hand. The far majority of his passes are outside the hashes where usually little can be done for YAC regardless who you have catching. Whether that’s a function of our smaller WRs or Hurts we don’t really know. It’s going to be very interesting to see if the addition of AJ allows him to start making these middle passes or if it was a Hurts limitation from the start. 

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I said that draft night. They were saying it and Ross tucker said he knew the eagles loved mcduffie and thought that was the guy after Davis. 

Every year it seems like there's a leak. Maybe it was Casey? 

3 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

Every year it seems like there's a leak. Maybe it was Casey? 

Coulda been Brown or Cunningham too. There was a lot that leaked out about draft plans this year. Love of Jordan Davis, Eagles were looking at DL/WR with their first round picks, Jurgens wasn’t getting past the Eagles 2nd round pick, etc. 

8 hours ago, downundermike said:

The Bengals are like, "they have a southwest scout”, we just got one for the whole Earth.., that flys Frontier when we can use leftover miles from Value Jet. 

Archived