EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

Gallup will be fine.   Just like Jameson Williams talk pre-draft, ACL tears aren't what they used to be.  He's on track to start the year.  The Cowboys lost Randy Gregory but replaced him with Dante Fowler who had pretty much the same production for the Falcons last year and is 2 years younger.  I look for him to have a big year.  He's got tons of talent and is going to be surrounded by a very good DL.  Wouldn't surprise me to see him hit 8+ sacks.

In the draft they added some question marks who can prove to be steals in Sam Williams and Damone Clark.  They also added Jake Ferguson who will be a terrific TE2 to go with Dalton Schultz.  

I don't think they lost nearly as much as it appears.  Connor Williams, Keanu Neal and Damontae Kazee are their big losses.  Malik Hooker played more as they year went on and he can step up at safety.  They also get Jabril Cox back from his knee injury and he's going to be a player.  

Washington's defense might be overrated but I still look at the talent on the team and think they win the East.

NYG not there yet but are not the Giants of old and the Giants almost always give the Eagles a fight.

Giants give put up a fight for a quarter to two before the Eagles finish them off. Except when Hurts is the qb. There's not a single minute you can sit comfortably when he starts

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I lol'd...I missed the "fantasy" part at first.

I pissed off so many people with Hurts last year in FFL.  They'd be in the lead and here'd come the 4th quarter garbage yards and scores.  

Just now, Texas Eagle said:

@downundermike what it do my guy

I hope you're not going to quote Waka Flocka when he responds 

28 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Has it been confirmed that Dillard is moving to guard?

I don't think our schedule will be as easy as some are making it out to be. Lots of teams that have been rebuilding and could be difficult 

Who is the backup at RT?

Driscoll I guess, but is that your argument that the offense isn't good? Name one team that has backup studs at every position.

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

Sixers AND Jordan/Pippen

SWAG

Jordan and Pippen worked/perfected their craft unlike Hurts

Just now, Godfather said:

I hope you're not going to quote Waka Flocka when he responds 

Can’t help it. I’ve been drinking down here since Saturday idk what is real anymore.

25 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I hope he can put it together this year as well.  Last year he had multiple streaks of 2 games without a sack, then 4 games without a sack.  I know there's more to his game than sacks but the end game for DE still lies with sack numbers.  I want him to put it together and be one of the answers at DE.

He'll be better just by getting some other pass rush help on the other side with Graham and Reddick.   He got more focus than he could handle last year as the best end.

2 hours ago, Texas Eagle said:

Can’t help it. I’ve been drinking down here since Saturday idk what is real anymore.

I've been on a bender myself since last Wednesday 

Just noticed NO does play Arizona this year.. Our luck it will be when Hopkins is suspended

2 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

1 minute ago, Godfather said:

I've been on a binder myself since last Wednesday 

You two are warriors!

6 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Yep. Faster, and just as important, quicker LBs and faster DBs who can close in zone. And faster DBs mean they can play a step or two closer to the LOS and still recover deep.

I think fast players are one thing but players that recognize the route the receiver is running and the play call is different. The Eagles needed better recognition in their secondary along with better closing speed. 

Just now, garingovt2000 said:

Just noticed NO does play Arizona this year.. Our luck it will be when Hopkins is suspended

I’m not even stressing about that pick because more than likely it will be mid-teens at best. Hoping for a complete collapse but they added some immediate impact players.

24 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

That's FF ranking which totally makes sense given his running ability. 

1 minute ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

You two are warriors!

Vacation the next couple weeks. Couple tee times and throwing the line in the water. 2 great things to do while drinking

The Eagles and Dolphins will face off in the 2025 SB. Heard it here first.

5 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

NO will play them Week 6.

We will play them Week 7.

3 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Vacation the next couple weeks. Couple tee times and throwing the line in the water. 2 great things to do while drinking

That’s how it’s done

3 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Driscoll I guess, but is that your argument that the offense isn't good? Name one team that has backup studs at every position.

I can't say whether the offense is good or not. I think we need a bruiser at RB still. WR looks great but could end up looking average because of the QB

Oline just needs an injury and then the shuffling begins. Lane is the most susceptible to that happening. At least we don't need to worry about Brooks getting injury anymore

The left side should be great with Mailata and Dickerson. Though Mailata still hasn't played 16 games yet

14 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Gallup will be fine.   Just like Jameson Williams talk pre-draft, ACL tears aren't what they used to be.  He's on track to start the year.  The Cowboys lost Randy Gregory but replaced him with Dante Fowler who had pretty much the same production for the Falcons last year and is 2 years younger.  I look for him to have a big year.  He's got tons of talent and is going to be surrounded by a very good DL.  Wouldn't surprise me to see him hit 8+ sacks.

In the draft they added some question marks who can prove to be steals in Sam Williams and Damone Clark.  They also added Jake Ferguson who will be a terrific TE2 to go with Dalton Schultz.  

I don't think they lost nearly as much as it appears.  Connor Williams, Keanu Neal and Damontae Kazee are their big losses.  Malik Hooker played more as they year went on and he can step up at safety.  They also get Jabril Cox back from his knee injury and he's going to be a player.  

Washington's defense might be overrated but I still look at the talent on the team and think they win the East.

NYG not there yet but are not the Giants of old and the Giants almost always give the Eagles a fight.

Even if Gallup is fine, you still can't say they didn't take a step back from the offensive skill players. James Washington doesn't equal the loss of Cooper/Wilson. And I would never count rookie TE's for anything more than a couple hundred yards. 

I don't think they lost enough to be terrible next year. But I do think their 2022 season will not be as good as 2021. Before the draft I would say they still would be clearly better than the Eagles. After the draft plus Brown, we are closing the gap. Can't say Eagles are clearly better than them right now, but the games should be closer. 

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I can't say whether the offense is good or not. I think we need a bruiser at RB still. WR looks great but could end up looking average because of the QB

Oline just needs an injury and then the shuffling begins. Lane is the most susceptible to that happening. At least we don't need to worry about Brooks getting injury anymore

The left side should be great with Mailata and Dickerson. Though Mailata still hasn't played 16 games yet

image.jpeg.94ee43d4391990392437119666fe23d0.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

I’m not even stressing about that pick because more than likely it will be mid-teens at best. Hoping for a complete collapse but they added some immediate impact players.

Unless Atlanta and the Panthers are much better than expected, I think they're still 2nd place in the division.  I think they lost more than they gained but there's still talent on the team. 

55 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Probably true. But I respect his attitude. A lot of players would complain that they arent beloved here and would never have signed back here at all. 

Im sure Graham has a great speech about that because he spent a few years with injuries and lower production where he would talk the talk in the offseason about how it would be his best season yet, and he wouldnt back it up. It took him years and years to earn respect from the majority of the fan base. 

He probably had to do a lot of convincing, but still credit to Barnett for coming around on it. 

There will be no respect given from me until he proves it on the field. 

Archived