EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

8 minutes ago, Godfather said:

True or False... @olsilverhair will come out of the closet before the season starts

He's already out

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cowboys had Jordan Davis as 11th best player in the draft. 

2 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

@TorontoEagle

to piggy back on the last post in the last thread.

I think the eagles were way too successful with the style of play in the last 10 weeks to abandon it this year. May be a little more passing wrinkle but you're depending on Hurts which we know won't work so I think we're going to see a run heavy (in todays game) offense and expect the Eagles to have a little less than last years attempts. 450-485ish. (think we ended with 490 something)

So we can be split on WR1, and WR2 but I think the numbers next  year and probably the following year(letting a rookie grow) with look something like this

Wr1 - 80 catches, 900 yards

Goedert - 75 Catches 700 yards

Wr2 - 50 catches 650 yards

If either Brown or Smith have 650 yards next season, Hurts will be on his way out of the building

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

@TorontoEagle

I think the eagles were way too successful with the style of play in the last 10 weeks to abandon it this year. May be a little more passing wrinkle but you're depending on Hurts which we know won't work so I think we're going to see a run heavy (in todays game) offense and expect the Eagles to have a little less than last years attempts. 450-485ish. (think we ended with 490 something)

So we can be split on WR1, and WR2 but I think the numbers next  year and probably the following year(letting a rookie grow) with look something like this

My belief is we start out pass heavy again. My hope is that Hurts can execute it with the weapons available. If he cannot, again, my hope is that he is replaced at that point. Logic would dictate that the resources they've now spent on WR is far superior to the resources spent on Hurts/the run game. This should make Hurts leash much shorter than if we didn't bring in Brown for the price we paid. 

Of course, with Lowie, all bets are off. But, logically, we should see a much greater emphasis on passing. And if we resort to run heavy again just to make a wild card exit....that's a complete franchise failure from the top down. Because, if that's the route they wanted to take, they should have thrown resources at upgrading the actual RB position. 

16 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

He's already out

I must've missed it

Eagles were 11th in offensive DVOA last year, 3rd rushing, 14th passing.

2017 they were 7th, 18 rushing, 4th passing.

I expect the offense they finished last year with but with tweaks, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

So a lot of 2 TE formations, but Stoll getting more opportunities in the passing game (the forgotten man), as teams overplay the run, the safety on top takes Goedert.

Lots of play action, running out of 3 WR formations to set up defenses. Brown getting crossing routes where he can rack up YAC. Smith drawing less attention and getting open consistently.

Some option looks to keep DE honest. More screens, especially to Gainwell.

Run, dink and dunk to matriculate down the field, and take one or two shots each drive.

They'll pass more this year, but not drastically more. Why should they? Maybe 2 more passes a game, which would approach the league average (593 v 494 last season)

average drive:  35 yards, 2.34 points - opponent's average drive:  30.7 yards, 2.14 points

they do need to upgrade the punter, can't give opponents good field position on a regular basis

Defense was bad last year, 25th in DVOA, that should change now that Gannon has the personnel to play his defense. Lot of hybrid looks from the front seven, 4-3, 4-3 under, 3-4/5-2.

They should get more pressure on QBs and be tougher to run against, but remains to be seen if the young DBs can step up.

Upgrades to LB should help reduce those high percentage completion rates driven by passing underneath soft zones with slow defenders giving too much cushion.

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

The moment we started winning by taking the ball out of his hands he should of been out the building. 

How dare you use Logic lol

Yup

1 minute ago, austinfan said:

Eagles were 11th in offensive DVOA last year, 3rd rushing, 14th passing.

2017 they were 7th, 18 rushing, 4th passing.

I expect the offense they finished last year with but with tweaks, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

So a lot of 2 TE formations, but Stoll getting more opportunities in the passing game (the forgotten man), as teams overplay the run, the safety on top takes Goedert.

Lots of play action, running out of 3 WR formations to set up defenses. Brown getting crossing routes where he can rack up YAC. Smith drawing less attention and getting open consistently.

Some option looks to keep DE honest. More screens, especially to Gainwell.

Run, dink and dunk to matriculate down the field, and take one or two shots each drive.

They'll pass more this year, but not drastically more. Why should they? Maybe 2 more passes a game, which would approach the league average (593 v 494 last season)

average drive:  35 yards, 2.34 points - opponent's average drive:  30.7 yards, 2.14 points

they do need to upgrade the punter, can't give opponents good field position on a regular basis

Defense was bad last year, 25th in DVOA, that should change now that Gannon has the personnel to play his defense. Lot of hybrid looks from the front seven, 4-3, 4-3 under, 3-4/5-2.

They should get more pressure on QBs and be tougher to run against, but remains to be seen if the young DBs can step up.

Upgrades to LB should help reduce those high percentage completion rates driven by passing underneath soft zones with slow defenders giving too much cushion.

It is broke. Unless you consider a 10-7, 9-8 record with a first round playoff exit a working system? Or how about no wins against any playoff teams last year? That ain't working pal

10 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

From The Athletic..

1. Kayvon Thibodeaux, DE, Oregon: drafted at No. 5 by the Giants.
2. Evan Neal, OT, Alabama: drafted at No. 7 by the Giants.
3. Aidan Hutchinson, DE, Michigan: drafted at No. 2 by the Lions.
4. Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State: drafted at No. 10 by the Jets.
5. Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati: drafted at No. 4 by the Jets.
6. Derek Stingley, CB, LSU: drafted at No. 3 by the Texans.
7. Travon Walker, DE, Georgia: drafted at No. 1 by the Jaguars.
8. Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame: drafted at No. 14 by the Ravens.
9. Ikem Ekwonu, OT, North Carolina State: drafted at No. 6 by the Panthers.
10. Drake London, WR, USC: drafted at No. 8 by the Falcons.
11. Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia: drafted at No. 13 by the Eagles.
12. Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State: drafted at No. 9 by the Seahawks.
13. Lewis Cine, S, Georgia: drafted at No. 32 by the Vikings.
14. Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama: drafted at No. 12 by the Lions.

The second-round grades on the front of the paper appear to go as follows:
15. Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State: drafted at No. 11 by the Saints.
16. Tyler Smith, OL, Tulsa: drafted at No. 24 by the Cowboys.
17. Devin Lloyd, LB, Utah: drafted at No. 27 by the Jaguars.
18. Daxton Hill, S, Michigan: drafted at No. 31 by the Bengals.
19. Breece Hall, RB, Iowa State: drafted at No. 36 by the Jets.
20. Kenyon Green, OG, Texas A&M: drafted at No. 15 by the Texans.
21. George Karlaftis, DE, Purdue: drafted at No. 30 by the Chiefs.
22. Zion Johnson, OG, Boston College: drafted at No. 17 by the Chargers.
23. Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas: drafted at No. 18 by the Titans.
24. Kyler Gordon, CB, Washington: drafted at No. 39 by the Bears.
25. Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa: drafted at No. 25 by the Ravens.
26. David Ojabo, DE, Michigan: drafted at No. 45 by the Ravens.
27. Jahan Dotson, WR, Penn State: drafted at No. 16 by the Commanders.
28. Jermaine Johnson, DE, Florida State: drafted at No. 26 by the Jets.
29. Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida: drafted at No. 23 by the Bills.
30. Arnold Ebiketie, DE, Penn State: drafted at No. 38 by the Falcons.
31. Trent McDuffie, CB, Washington: drafted at No. 21 by the Chiefs.
32. Quay Walker, LB, Georgia: drafted at No. 22 by the Packers.
33. Devonte Wyatt, DT, Georgia: drafted at No. 28 by the Packers.
34. Logan Hall, DE, Houston: drafted at No. 33 by the Buccaneers.

10 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Tyler Smith played at Tulsa not Utah ...

The moment we started winning by taking the ball out of his hands he should of been out the building. 

How dare you use Logic lol

Lol....we all know how dead set you were against brining in another WR....but the ultimate hope is that it speeds up the "Hurts Question" tenfold....he either improves enough to make our now legit passing options work....or he's out the door. There are no more excuses (like Reagor) to use as a crutch. 

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

It is broke. Unless you consider a 10-7, 9-8 record with a first round playoff exit a working system? Or how about no wins against any playoff teams last year? That ain't working pal

They have a pretty favorable schedule this year. I think they win the division and get spanked in the 1st rd

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

I think the structure of the offense is good. Whether Hurts is the right guy to maximize the offense is the question mark.

Sirianni got way better in the 2nd half of the season as a play-caller. Doug Pederson became a much better play-caller in year 2 as well. I expect a small jump.

28 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

We've heard next to nothing from OTAs so far.

There hasn’t been OTAs yet?

This stat is completely blown out of proportion because of garbage time games

In the last 10 weeks the Eagles averaged 169 yards a game, and 1.3 touchdowns. <---thats local high school numbers. 

FYP

It's gross. 16 passing TDs from our starting QB last year? In this league? In this day and age? How is that not completely broken? 

10 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

@TorontoEagle

Goedert averaged almost 15 yards a catch last year and is way over 10 for his career, dint think he's suddenly going to ave under 10🤔

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

There hasn’t been OTAs yet?

Nothing on the field but the offseason program started. Usually you here a nugget or 2.  This guy came in in shape. BS like that but usually something.  

Does the Saints hosting the Vikings in England help or hurt our draft pick next year?

14 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Interesting board. They also gave Jahan Dotson a second round grade.  

As much as I hate the Cowboys they draft REALLY well, so I put a lot of stock into how they graded players.

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Does the Saints hosting the Vikings in England help or hurt our draft pick next year?

Helps. Saints' home field advantage is real. It's a marginal difference though.

9 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

No international games this year

Sweet. 

52 minutes ago, Godfather said:

True or False... @olsilverhair will come out of the closet before the season starts

If the rainbow sticker on his Hoveround didn’t give it away, the Ethel Merman wig should have. 

@Bacarty2 I will take you AJ Brown bet.

If he gets less than 100 catches in two years, I will take a 1 month suspension, if AJ Brown has more than 100 catches in two years, you take a 1 month suspension.

Do we have a deal ??

Archived