EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

I haven't listened to many sports podcasts the last few weeks so figured out I'd check BwF today to see what they're talking about.

"Stick around for the end, Bo has a serious real life thing he wants to get into"

I know exactly what it's going to be already, I don't have to wait until the end. That guy very quickly has become probably the most insufferable person in Philly sports media. He's made what was once a really cool podcast really brutal. I go back from time to time because i love Sheil and Zach, but man... Bo with his sanctimonious diatribes and terrible humor really weighs it down.

Agreed.  But Sheil is worth it.  He is really one of the best around.  We are lucky to have him in Eagles world.

BwF is #2 on my list after BGN with Kempski and Gowton, which is a very informative and efficient podcast.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Browns fans have to be hating life again

Emperor Palpatine Good GIFs | Tenor

2 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Agreed.  But Sheil is worth it.  He is really one of the best around.  We are lucky to have him in Eagles world.

BwF is #2 on my list after BGN with Kempski and Gowton, which is a very informative and efficient podcast.

I think the Q and A podcast is the only one worth listening to. Their insight is on a whole different level. 

2 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

I like Kempski and BLG because they don't follow mindlessly along with the trendy feelings regarding the Eagles. Right before the Eagles season when everyone is picking them to go to the NFC Championship Game because everyone's all hyped up about their offseason, I can count on those two to bring some sensibility back to the equation. They're usually far more measured and try to look at things objectively.

For example, when the Eagles squeak out a game with Hurts playing horribly for 55 of 60 minutes like that game vs Carolina and everyone after the game is all "Jalen Hurts is a winner, the guy finds a way to win, that's all that matters!" I know Kempski and BLG will be like "If they played a real team, the Eagles would've gotten blown out. Sure, he deserves credit for leading a scoring drive when it matters, but he did not play well in that game."

Finding people who don't live in echo chambers is hard these days.

2 minutes ago, hputenis said:

The majority of those last 10 defenses that won the SB played at an elite level in the actual game including last year.  The Eagles were obviously not one of them.  It's probably too tough to maintain an elite defense over the span of a season anymore, but they step up for the most part when it counts.  

Rams were able to keep theirs because they had/have Donald

Not sure about Bucs but they've been pretty good the past few years on defense. Did they lose anyone important?

1 hour ago, Diehardfan said:

As soon as they signed Watson I figured he was done for. It’s so Browns

22 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Michael Vick?

I don’t know if Vick was a top 5 QB but obviously a good comparison given the situation. 

Vick in many ways was better when he came back because he was more mature, prepared better, and was in a more stable culture. Also had a top 2-3 QB coach of all time. 

14 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Emperor Palpatine Good GIFs | Tenor

On one hand yes, but on the other hand, I think Baker could end up having a solid year.  I think he's better than people give him credit for.  I think a lot of hate towards him is because for some reason companies decided to use him as a marketing tool and he''s become just that...a tool.  

If Watson is done for the year, Baker knows that he has one chance, one season to show the NFL he can be the guy.  The Browns have a very nice roster around him.

20 minutes ago, hputenis said:

The majority of those last 10 defenses that won the SB played at an elite level in the actual game including last year.  The Eagles were obviously not one of them.  It's probably too tough to maintain an elite defense over the span of a season anymore, but they step up for the most part when it counts.  

Eh. The Rams had Donald and the Chiefs the season before had backup OTs playing so of course the Bucs DEs feasted. 

9 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

I would probably put BwF as my number 1 and BGN as number 2.  Although, BGN probably has better summaries of what happened in training camp.  Berman is a very good journalist as is Sheil.  I think Bo Wulf makes some pretty astute observations about line play in particular.  Kempski and BLG both seem to have a sense of the tenor of the camp. 

39 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Finding people who don't live in echo chambers is hard these days.

IMO, Sheil is the most fair of all the writers. Part of that is he has a wider context of what "good" or "bad" is supposed to look like.

Guest justrelax
15 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I would probably put BwF as my number 1 and BGN as number 2.  Although, BGN probably has better summaries of what happened in training camp.  Berman is a very good journalist as is Sheil.  I think Bo Wulf makes some pretty astute observations about line play in particular.  Kempski and BLG both seem to have a sense of the tenor of the camp. 

I can't stand Kempski.

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I like Sheil.  A lot.  He's really good.  

Don't know.  Don't care.  I am just glad it's over.  Because my wife has been obsessed with it.  They booth look and sound like complete morons.  And Amber Turd is hot.  Crazy and hot is ......hot.  

Jury left the form blank

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

There are OTA's this week right?  Haven't heard a peep about it except what seemed like the Eagles doing damage control and asking local media to report on being a healthy team.

They started yesterday and have today off. Then they go from the 2nd-3rd and 6th-8th and they are done with the off-season, no mini-camp. Bengals are the only other team not doing a mini-camp.

I've heard on a few podcasts more media will be there tomorrow and Friday and then again next week.

30 minutes ago, justrelax said:

I can't stand Kempski.

He has gotten much better as a writer and is more measured than he used to be.  He has worked on understanding the game.  He's not just a hot take haver.  I don't mind that he's irreverent and doesn't take himself too seriously.  

Depp gets 15 mil and Heard gets 2 mil. Hardly seems worth their time. Maybe Depp can resume his career now.  

2 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

What you talking about they got Baker Mayfield…. Lol 

1 hour ago, Sack that QB said:

I haven't listened to many sports podcasts the last few weeks so figured out I'd check BwF today to see what they're talking about.

"Stick around for the end, Bo has a serious real life thing he wants to get into"

I know exactly what it's going to be already, I don't have to wait until the end.  Checked out the second I heard that. That guy very quickly has become probably the most insufferable person in Philly sports media. He's made what was once a really cool podcast really brutal. I go back from time to time because i love Sheil and Zach, but man... Bo with his sanctimonious diatribes and terrible humor really weighs it down.

Sheil is so chill it's awesome. Zach is like a football encyclopedia. I've been amazed by his knowledge time and again. I wasn't a fan of his to start but I've come to respect and like him. I used to listen to every episode but I've skipped a few lately because Bo gets on my nerves. A lot of his stuff is corny and juvenile and he refuses to let it go. Sheil tried to counsel him on an episode to tone it back and he just ignored him and insisted on the layout he chose which was cringe worthy.

Archived