Connecticut Eagle

Just now, Alpha_TATEr said:

i leaving the butchering to lesser men. 

I can go either way, but prefer to let the pros do it

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

If anyone is looking for a good show watch We Own This City.  It's on HBO and by David Simon about the Batlimore Police Gun Force Task Force corruption crimes.  

I read about that a long time ago and Baltimore has some serious corruption. Holy S

Just now, greend said:

oh i def let the pros do it. we have eli's near me, but i found a couple more places out where my mountain place is in perry county. 

now i just have to you know, actually get a deer.  

1 minute ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

oh i def let the pros do it. we have eli's near me, but i found a couple more places out where my mountain place is in perry county. 

now i just have to you know, actually get a deer.  

4 minutes ago, greend said:

Butcher is my dream escape from this current career job.  That's the kind of job where taking the job home with you is delicious.  

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Butcher is my dream escape from this current career job.  That's the kind of job where taking the job home with you is delicious.  

Like I've said. I have butchered my own. I have no desire to do 400 (actually my butcher does thousands a year) more per season especially with some of the yahoos out there gut shooting them and stuff.

Or the whiners about how much meat they get out of a first year deer with both shoulders blown to crap or after shooting the deer in the butt. 

29 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

You should practice law in the south.  Civility and assholishness can very much go hand in hand.  

In Texas, some of my best neighbors were a-hole rednecks.

It was the college educated Republican types that I detested, with their pretensions and meanness, but the "good ole boys" tended to be far more tolerable, just avoid political discussions. Fortunately in Austin, we didn't have too many Cowboy fans, Dallas in general was considered Baja Oklahoma and an object of derision.

I did learn that along with Southern manners, one should make sure the left hand was empty before allowing them to slap you across the back (figuratively).

Yankees tend to stab directly and with malice forethought. Southerners lull you into complacency with their charm.

Guest justrelax
46 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Like I said civil a hole is an oxymoron.

Depending on one’s perspective, one might say that AOC and MTG are both a holes. The former is civil, the latter is not.

Just now, greend said:

Like I've said. I have butchered my own. I have no desire to do 400 (actually my butcher does thousands a year) more per season especially with some of the yahoos out there gut shooting them and stuff.

I totally understand that.  It would be nice to work with someone who won't talk back though.  I've never heard of a dead deer causing trouble.  Then again, the customers can suck... BUT.... it would be a different argument.

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I totally understand that.  It would be nice to work with someone who won't talk back though.  I've never heard of a dead deer causing trouble.  Then again, the customers can suck... BUT.... it would be a different argument.

Maybe you could butcher and hire this guy for customer complaints

Brock Lesnar | WWE

Just now, greend said:

Maybe you could butcher and hire this guy for customer complaints

Brock Lesnar | WWE

Would be fun to work with him and/or the Perkins brothers.  

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Would be fun to work with him and/or the Perkins brothers.  

I know he like to hunt so he would also know what he is talking about. Plus he hates being around people so win/win

10 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Follow up to "The Wire”. 

I saw that the other day. Too… hipster NoCal for me

Just now, greend said:

I know he like to hunt so he would also know what he is talking about. Plus he hates being around people so win/win

He's been on the Youtube channel Bearded Butchers a few times... and they now have a seasoning blend named after him.

2 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Depending on one’s perspective, one might say that AOC and MTG are both a holes. The former is civil, the latter is not.

My problem with "progressives" is they tend to care for people in the abstract, as ideological representations, but not so much in the flesh.

The far right are just psychotic.

However, if I have a pet grievance, it is the abuse of the term "conservative," most people described by the media as conservatives are nothing of the sort, they're either economic libertarians (I got mine, f--- you) or reactionaries (hearkening to an imaginary past of white picket fences, good Christian people and happy slaves).

To me a conservative is someone who respects the past without whitewashing it, is skeptical but not opposed to progress, and upholds "civilization," the core of which is civility.

The problem for most people who call themselves conservatives is they're ignorant of the past and afraid of the future.

I'm always amused by people who point to the Constitution when it's obvious they've never read the document, know nothing of its history, have no clue what Marbury v Madison was about, and couldn't tell you who was the primary author of the Bill of Rights. Or that the Federalists (proponents of a strong central government) were the primary authors of the Constitution and dominated American politics in the founding decade.

This is not just a problem on the "Right," a great law review article by a historian called "History Lite" took to task elite law professors for their painful misreading of American history.

Top 100 Free Agents still available:

I’ve been on board with just about every move we’ve made this offseason, save one: 

Bringing back Barnett early versus waiting for Flowers. Someone’s gonna sign him to a dirt cheap deal and get the steal of FA

13 minutes ago, austinfan said:

My problem with "progressives" is they tend to care for people in the abstract, as ideological representations, but not so much in the flesh.

The far right are just psychotic.

However, if I have a pet grievance, it is the abuse of the term "conservative," most people described by the media as conservatives are nothing of the sort, they're either economic libertarians (I got mine, f--- you) or reactionaries (hearkening to an imaginary past of white picket fences, good Christian people and happy slaves).

To me a conservative is someone who respects the past without whitewashing it, is skeptical but not opposed to progress, and upholds "civilization," the core of which is civility.

The problem for most people who call themselves conservatives is they're ignorant of the past and afraid of the future.

I'm always amused by people who point to the Constitution when it's obvious they've never read the document, know nothing of its history, have no clue what Marbury v Madison was about, and couldn't tell you who was the primary author of the Bill of Rights. Or that the Federalists (proponents of a strong central government) were the primary authors of the Constitution and dominated American politics in the founding decade.

This is not just a problem on the "Right," a great law review article by a historian called "History Lite" took to task elite law professors for their painful misreading of American history.

Hurts still sucks.

1 minute ago, greend said:

I don't kill bugs on purpose either except wolf spiders. There is something about harvesting your own meat though that draws you closer to your creator and makes you extra thankful (at least it does me anyways).

Sometimes I watch Life Below Zero and watch them thank the animals for "giving their life" which always makes me laugh a bit. I haven't met any animals that volunteered for that personally.

That said, to each their own

I think hunting, deer especially, is good for the environment.  I fish but have not hunted.  I try to kill any insect in and around house besides black widows, yellow jacket nests and ants. 

37 minutes ago, austinfan said:

In Texas, some of my best neighbors were a-hole rednecks.

It was the college educated Republican types that I detested, with their pretensions and meanness, but the "good ole boys" tended to be far more tolerable, just avoid political discussions. Fortunately in Austin, we didn't have too many Cowboy fans, Dallas in general was considered Baja Oklahoma and an object of derision.

I did learn that along with Southern manners, one should make sure the left hand was empty before allowing them to slap you across the back (figuratively).

Yankees tend to stab directly and with malice forethought. Southerners lull you into complacency with their charm.

It is definitely the gentrified white southern person that maintains an air of civility while being a dick.  There is a genuiness to the civility.  It isn't all a mask to cover duplicitous behavior.  It is just a different way of communicating.  People from the north tend to struggle with it and feel like people are not being direct.  It is really more about custom and I think related to what they viewed as a more hierarchical society. 

10 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Both of you "pillars" can take this bulls hit to CVON.  

What are we talking football now.  

58 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Follow up to "The Wire”. 

Yup - done by David Simon and it has several of the same actors in it.  I think people may view it as anti-cop.  I see it as an indictment on the war on drugs in the US.  

1 hour ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

after years of strictly being a fisherman, i am just starting to get into hunting. 

start with squirrel and work your way up. 

1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

start with squirrel and work your way up. 

we were supposed to go small game last year, but things came up and couldn't get out. i actually did go deer hunting last season, but unfortunately i didn't see any bucks and i didn't get any doe (saw a few within range) tags for perry county. 

it's def an experience to get out there. i'm hooked. 

17 hours ago, downundermike said:

Does she have the Megan Fox problem ??

YARN | She doesn't have toe-thumbs. | Seinfeld (1989) - S09E16 The Burning  | Video gifs by quotes | cabc6057 | 紗

1 hour ago, justrelax said:

That's fair.

Archived