EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, downundermike said:

The reason they allowed the contract, is it is fully guaranteed.  The Browns never have an out.

Not my point.  Watson only loses $1M of the contract due to the suspension.  The entirety of the deal was delayed into 2023 in anticipation of a suspension.  

It's like the Browns were an accessory to his (alleged) crimes after the fact.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be hilarious if they hold onto Mayfield and he wins them a Super Bowl

It had to be known by Cleveland before they made the trade that there was a good chance that Watson would be facing a suspension. It's why they weren't just going to give Baker away for nothing. I'm not a big Baker guy, but he's a better QB than we saw last season. He was hurt and should have shut it down, but he hurt his value by continuing to play. 

3 minutes ago, greend said:

Would be hilarious if they hold onto Mayfield and he wins them a Super Bowl

that would be awesome

2 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

I mean that source on the suspension tweet seems a bit suspicious no? MFL?

You don't trust a guy as an "NFL Insider" if he joined Twitter 4 months ago ???

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I mean. 

Yeah.  Not much else to talk about.  I can share tweets of Hurts Huggers trying to argue that it's normal for QB's to wear gold bracelets and designer sunglasses while playing football, if you'd like.  

Yes because the only choices clearly are fluffing Jalen Hurts or sharing clearly fake reports as if they're legit. 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I mean.

Ok

clearly

:D for the resident "kids these days are soft" guy you sure like to throw your fair share of temper tantrums.

You got fake news'd. It happens. Lighten up gramps. 

14 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Not my point.  Watson only loses $1M of the contract due to the suspension.  The entirety of the deal was delayed into 2023 in anticipation of a suspension.  

It's like the Browns were an accessory to his (alleged) crimes after the fact.

I wonder if he'll even lose anything. If it's for an entire season I would think the contract tolls. 

MILF Football breaking news. 

Fabricated fake sources and the blog, name a better duo. 

8 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I had to google what ATM meant.  You kids and your fancy acronyms.  

Isn’t that ass to mouth? You never go ATM

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I wonder if he'll even lose anything. If it's for an entire season I would think the contract tolls. 

Has there ever been a player, especially one considered a top 5 QB that misses 2 full seasons in his prime.  Wonder what he plays like when he does eventually return to the field.  Knowing Clevelands luck he probably regresses and blows after sitting out so long.

40 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Browns fans have to be hating life again

It would suck more for Watson to play in 2022 - - and get suspended for 2023 when he's set to make a LOT more money than 2022 (if I have it right.) He and the Browns set his contract up so he makes like $1 mil. in 2022 and $40 mil+ in 2023 and subsequent years or something like that. It was designed for him to be suspended in 2022.

2 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Isn’t that ass to mouth? You never go ATM

I figured it was At The Mall.  Isn't that usually where kids go to stab and shoot each other?

There are OTA's this week right?  Haven't heard a peep about it except what seemed like the Eagles doing damage control and asking local media to report on being a healthy team.

8 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

MILF Football breaking news. 

Fabricated fake sources and the blog, name a better duo. 

What is a fabricated real source? What is a natural fake source? 

1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

What is a fabricated real source? What is a natural fake source? 

Boobs?

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Photo ops with gold bracelets and designer shades on the "QB1".  Which is apparently perfectly normal while playing football.  

Oh you raging racist 

I haven't listened to many sports podcasts the last few weeks so figured out I'd check BwF today to see what they're talking about.

"Stick around for the end, Bo has a serious real life thing he wants to get into"

I know exactly what it's going to be already, I don't have to wait until the end.  Checked out the second I heard that. That guy very quickly has become probably the most insufferable person in Philly sports media. He's made what was once a really cool podcast really brutal. I go back from time to time because i love Sheil and Zach, but man... Bo with his sanctimonious diatribes and terrible humor really weighs it down.

5 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Has there ever been a player, especially one considered a top 5 QB that misses 2 full seasons in his prime.  Wonder what he plays like when he does eventually return to the field.  Knowing Clevelands luck he probably regresses and blows after sitting out so long.

Michael Vick?

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

There are OTA's this week right?  Haven't heard a peep about it except what seemed like the Eagles doing damage control and asking local media to report on being a healthy team.

I think press access is on Friday.

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

For those of you who actually care or who also has a wife that's been obsessed with the Depp/Heard trial.  Verdict at 3 pm.  

I’ve only followed on snippets I’ve seen on social media, but seems like Heard and her team are incompetent boobs. She’s so hot tho. Have you watched? What do you think the verdict will be?

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

For those of you who actually care or who also has a wife that's been obsessed with the Depp/Heard trial.  Verdict at 3 pm.  

Could you just find a fake site and give us the wrong info now?

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

If Wilson can't do anything in Denver then I'd say they carried Wilson because that team hasn't done much since dismantling that defense

Denver's defense carried the team to a Lombardi in Peyton's last year

You could maybe argue that Bucs defense was really good that one year but Chiefs were also missing a lot of Oline

The majority of those last 10 defenses that won the SB played at an elite level in the actual game including last year.  The Eagles were obviously not one of them.  It's probably too tough to maintain an elite defense over the span of a season anymore, but they step up for the most part when it counts.  

Archived