EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

Guest justrelax
10 hours ago, Utebird said:

A civil a- hole?

Is that like military intelligence, or jumbo shrimp?

Woke is a word coined by the right in an attempt to shame others for being informed, and cancel culture? You mean like banning books????

I can stand up for what I mean without being an a hole and without demeaning anyone else nor do I wear my ability to be an a hole like a badge of honor.

I'm not sure when kindness was taken for a weakness and being an a hole was taken as being brave?

Being an a hole is easy, takes almost zero effort, being kind especially  when others are unkind is difficult and takes courage, something I regularly fail at and am attempting to get better at, if that makes me soft than I'm Charmin.

I use "civil" in its purest sense.

1. of or relating to citizens
    of or relating to the state or its citizenry
  2. civilized
    adequate in courtesy and politeness : mannerly
  3. of, relating to, or based on civil law
I do not expect kindness from all but I demand civility.
Civility is about more than just politeness, although politeness is a necessary first step. It is about disagreeing without disrespect, seeking common ground as a starting point for dialogue about differences, listening past one’s preconceptions, and teaching others to do the same. Civility is the hard work of staying present even with those with whom we have deep-rooted and fierce disagreements. It is political in the sense that it is a necessary prerequisite for civic action. But it is political, too, in the sense that it is about negotiating interpersonal power such that everyone’s voice is heard, and nobody’s is ignored.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been a big Levis fan for long time , right at the top of the class for me heading into the year . 

Rogers and Calzada two others I like ,  I also think Rattler gets himself right at SouthCarolina 

9 hours ago, Utebird said:

Like I said I don't hunt, but I'd much rather have wild meat than the garbage at the grocery store.

Happy eating!

If you would rather eat wild meat. Hunt fyi there is a lot of time/money and work involved in killing your own food but the flavor and health benefits are very well worth it

4 minutes ago, greend said:

If you would rather eat wild meat. Hunt fyi there is a lot of time/money and work involved in killing your own food but the flavor and health benefits are very well worth it

You should kill it for me, then send it over.   Thanks in advance.  👍

19 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

You should kill it for me, then send it over.   Thanks in advance.  👍

I have a cousin, who has a son who used to be allergic to everything. Doctors told them to try wild meat (bear in mind that her husband is a grown man who was raised similar to me and can hunt and even had lots of acres that his family own where he could hunt). Me being who I am (a guy who likes to hunt). I shoot a deer (big doe) and gut it, drag it out of the woods, and transport it to their house. I got crap from them for not taking it directly to the butcher of their choice (husband also owns a pick-up truck). I dropped it and said welp I think your husband can deal with that..............see ya.

Never took them another deer in my life

12 minutes ago, greend said:

I have a cousin, who has a son who used to be allergic to everything. Doctors told them to try wild meat (bear in mind that her husband is a grown man who was raised similar to me and can hunt and even had lots of acres that his family own where he could hunt). Me being who I am (a guy who likes to hunt). I shoot a deer (big doe) and gut it, drag it out of the woods, and transport it to their house. I got crap from them for not taking it directly to the butcher of their choice (husband also owns a pick-up truck). I dropped it and said welp I think your husband can deal with that..............see ya.

Never took them another deer in my life

If you did that for me... I'd not only be extremely grateful, I'd offer to cook you a few meals from the carcass... or at least send you some jerky.  

10 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

If you did that for me... I'd not only be extremely grateful, I'd offer to cook you a few meals from the carcass... or at least send you some jerky.  

I'll pm you if I get an extra deer. lol

13 minutes ago, greend said:

I'll pm you if I get an extra deer. lol

That's a long drive for you though.  Maybe I'll come meet you around Hershey.  

20 hours ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

Don't like someone? Block them. Easy, peasy

I have never blocked anyone.  

Guest justrelax
1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

Your gag mechanism is stronger than mine.

4 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Hello Jamon Brown

Just now, justrelax said:

Your gag mechanism is stronger than mine.

Or maybe I can just scroll faster. 

8 minutes ago, greend said:

Hello Jamon Brown

But his gloves never look bad.

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

But his gloves never look bad.

There's no point in playing to the whistle if you don't look right.  

10 minutes ago, greend said:

Hello Jamon Brown

I aspire to one day contributing to this board like Jamon Brown contributed to the Eagles. 

2 hours ago, justrelax said:

I use "civil" in its purest sense.

1. of or relating to citizens
    of or relating to the state or its citizenry
  2. civilized
    adequate in courtesy and politeness : mannerly
  3. of, relating to, or based on civil law
I do not expect kindness from all but I demand civility.
Civility is about more than just politeness, although politeness is a necessary first step. It is about disagreeing without disrespect, seeking common ground as a starting point for dialogue about differences, listening past one’s preconceptions, and teaching others to do the same. Civility is the hard work of staying present even with those with whom we have deep-rooted and fierce disagreements. It is political in the sense that it is a necessary prerequisite for civic action. But it is political, too, in the sense that it is about negotiating interpersonal power such that everyone’s voice is heard, and nobody’s is ignored.

Like I said civil a hole is an oxymoron.

2 hours ago, greend said:

I don't know if I could kill an animal unless absolutely necessary.

I don't step on ants, I shoo flies out of my house and pick up spiders and put them in my garden, i can't imagine killing a deer.

Though would have no problem eating or cleaning one though I don't know how to butcher anything other than a trout  butchering animals is a dying skill.

I broke down a hog once, about 20 years ago but the guy whose hog it was did most the work.

6 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Like I said civil a hole is an oxymoron.

You should practice law in the south.  Civility and assholishness can very much go hand in hand.  

5 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I don't step on ants, I shoo flies out of my house and pick up spiders and put them in my garden, i can't imagine killing a deer.

Though would have no problem eating or cleaning one though I don't know how to butcher anything other than a trout  butchering animals is a dying skill.

I broke down a hog once, about 20 years ago but the guy whose hog it was did most the work.

Deer are the worst. I don't hunt but if I did I would have zero problems shooting one of those tick carrying overgrown rodents right in its stupid head. 

2 hours ago, greend said:

after years of strictly being a fisherman, i am just starting to get into hunting. 

28 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I aspire to one day contributing to this board like Jamon Brown contributed to the Eagles. 

You've succeeded !!!!!!

22 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I don't kill bugs on purpose either except wolf spiders. There is something about harvesting your own meat though that draws you closer to your creator and makes you extra thankful (at least it does me anyways).

Sometimes I watch Life Below Zero and watch them thank the animals for "giving their life" which always makes me laugh a bit. I haven't met any animals that volunteered for that personally.

That said, to each their own

If anyone is looking for a good show watch We Own This City.  It's on HBO and by David Simon about the Batlimore Police Gun Force Task Force corruption crimes.  

Archived