EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

2 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

And it's funny to think how many Eagles fans wanted to cut Mailata his rookie year. I say that because everyone who said "let's put him on the practice squad this year (and that was the prevailing sentiment) didn't seem to grasp the idea that you can't just put a player on the practice squad without him clearing waivers first. In other words, they would have to cut him first and hope no one would claim him. Which of course is precisely what would have happened. He'd have been claimed for sure.

I also remember an outcry of sorts after Dillard was drafted the following year. "You see. This PROVES that Mailata sucks! What a waste of a pick. They were STUPID for thinking that was going to work out!"

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

I thought Mailata had shown just enough improvement to NOT move up for Dillard. I thought drafting Dillard was a waste. And for once, I was right. 😂

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Will the blog fall down now that we lost a pillar ??

But we still have bacarty, eagleVa and RTK who make up 3 of the EMB mt. Rushmore that includes bobbywizdum, RTK, bacarty and eagleva

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

If he actually leaves for good, the level of football knowledge here will have gone down substantially....when taken with what was already lost over time it easily could or at least make it indistinguishable from the rest of TATE. The level of talk was what brought most of us here.

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

But we still have bacarty, eagleVa and RTK who make up 3 of the EMB mt. Rushmore that includes bobbywizdum, RTK, bacarty and eagleva

YARN | ...the three legs of the tripod. | The Girl Next Door | Video clips  by quotes | 0d952338 | 紗

22 minutes ago, downundermike said:

It very well could! Nothing funnier than someone feeling the need to announce that they're leaving to a football message board. A select few, maybe. Not the entire board.

It's the off-season and we are at a weird stage as a franchise. It'll level out as time goes on, but people are too impatient and take this site far too seriously.

There's this expression about OL losing slowly. No OL can pass-block forever, so as long as the DL doesn't win quickly it's advantage to the offense.

Mailata legitimately tries to win every rep. He'll have reps when he'll essentially lock up a DE for the entire play. Wouldn't matter if the rep was 20 seconds. Other reps that aggressiveness goes against him. So yes he gets beat a few times a game. He also dominates the other reps. PFF grades plays on a per-snap basis, so a guy like Mailata is going to look awesome in their evaluation. If your baseline for an OL is "did I notice him lose", you're probably less impressed.

Former flyers having some success and memorable celebrations. Nak dropped the cup and dented it. 
AB1E03FC-6101-4FCB-9F5B-3C2CA1B9BF70.thumb.jpeg.f65e7d1bedd4df7537196bb9e8303aec.jpeg

and then you have Lyon doing this 

9 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Just to make everyone sick!

image.png.5b1baeaacc1d250a3e2d94626f2cb31f.png

image.png.895099adda60e90ff353d7da541965ff.png

JJaw with that insane YPC. Clear winner between the two.

25 minutes ago, hputenis said:

This will make you feel better

Good thing Howie didn't take this guy, otherwise we'd have to restructure to free up $1 billion. Much happier with Reagor and his $2.5M

16 minutes ago, Swoop said:

JJaw with that insane YPC. Clear winner between the two.

Don't worry, he is about to revolutionize the  H-back  TE position.

I don't know what point he's trying to make but I'd rather be the Commanders here

8 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I don't know what point he's trying to make but I'd rather be the Commanders here

This tweet makes zero sense to me.  Would you rather have 

A) Drafted AJ Brown 3 years ago, developed him, and signed him to an extension while giving up zero assets (which is what Washington did with Mclaurin), or

B) Drafted crap at the position (JJAW), gotten zero production at the position during those 3 years, then trade valuable assets in a 1st and a 3rd today for AJ Brown?

12 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

That might be one of the worst look how smart I sound tweets ever.  

So Brad would rather be the team that is so bad at drafting WR they have to trade their 1st round pick (plus 5 year rookie contract) for a player, pay him $100 million while having a less than average QB instead of the team that finds a stud WR in the 3rd round, gets practically three straight 1,000 yard seasons out of him on a 3rd round contract and then signs him to an extension....and they never had to give up a 1st round pick?

I hate sports journalists anymore. 

7 minutes ago, hputenis said:

This tweet makes zero sense to me.  Would you rather have 

A) Drafted AJ Brown 3 years ago, developed him, and signed him to an extension while giving up zero assets (which is what Washington did with Mclaurin), or

B) Drafted crap at the position (JJAW), gotten zero production at the position during those 3 years, then trade valuable assets in a 1st and a 3rd today for AJ Brown?

Exactly. Eagles also didn't "trade for AJ Brown & still give him the same as McLaurin". Eagles traded for Brown, paid him and the Washington gave McLaurin the same as Brown. Big difference. AJ Brown I'd say is slightly better. He set the market (along with every other WR), and McLaurin followed the market by getting a little more than his actual value. 

53 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Yeah but how well does mclaurin’s mom hold an umbrella 

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

JJAW has his mom.  McLaurin has the whole fam

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Mama JJAW had to because...

JJAW=

eeyore-winnie-the-pooh.gif

2 hours ago, twistr said:

If he actually leaves for good, the level of football knowledge here will have gone down substantially....when taken with what was already lost over time it easily could or at least make it indistinguishable from the rest of TATE. The level of talk was what brought most of us here.

who left?

Archived