EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

5 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

Not happening but we can make a bet. If the Eagles have 2 or less wins heading into the bye week, you take a break from posting for a month. If they have 4 or more wins heading into the bye week, i'll take a break from posting for a month. Deal?

Dude, I have no idea who you are lmao.  That bet means nothing to me.  

PzvX20c.gif

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Beamen led the Sharks to the Championship Game (the Pantheon Cup) where unfortunately lost to San Francisco.  So he won in the playoffs.  His first playoff win was the climax of the whole damn movie!

Yeah but the old pocket passer had to come in and show that running QB punk how to lead a team and not do all that running around crap!

23 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

Not happening but we can make a bet. If the Eagles have 2 or less wins heading into the bye week, you take a break from posting for a month. If they have 4 or more wins heading into the bye week, i'll take a break from posting for a month. Deal?

5 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Dude, I have no idea who you are lmao.  That bet means nothing to me.  

PzvX20c.gif

That’s how you know RTK is a troll, Eagles are going to be Super Bowl champions, hurts is going to be MVP, the second anybody proposes a bet about it he has to put you on ignore or doesn’t know who you are

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

That’s how you know RTK is a troll, Eagles are going to be Super Bowl champions, hurts is going to be MVP, the second anybody proposes a bet about it he has to put you on ignore or doesn’t know who you are

Sounds like someone else with an orange tint to him. 👀

10 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yeah but the old pocket passer had to come in and show that running QB punk how to lead a team and not do all that running around crap!

He ran in for the TD to win the game.  And the old man got benched at half.  

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I find it hilarious. No conviction whatsoever. If he's convinced that we'll be legit contenders and that Hurts is a legitimate MVP candidate, betting on the eagles to have more than 2 wins through 6 weeks should be an easy bet. 

3 hours ago, Wentz_Era said:

The team is more so built to put Hurts in the best position to show he's the guy.  We still don't have LB's or S's....so the D is not in any position to be competitive.

Yeah, they're not a contender or anything, but they're far from some team at the beginning of a rebuild. I just didn't know where he was going with his argument. 

The LBs could be decent. Safety is definitely a weakness. 

40 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Yeah, they're not a contender or anything, but they're far from some team at the beginning of a rebuild. I just didn't know where he was going with his argument. 

The LBs could be decent. Safety is definitely a weakness. 

Why aren't they a contender? I mean what is a contender really? A team with a chance of making a really good play off run? I think in the NFC this team has a real chance. 

5 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Metcalf had long term health questions.  He dropped to the 2nd round.  Jay Ajayi had long term health questions.  He went in the 5th round.  Players with long term health problems drop.  But talent is talent and even with health concerns, players that are truly talent in the eyes of the scouts and GMs will be drafted despite those health concerns.  Especially when you are talking about the most valuable position in football.  Tua had major health concerns after his hip surgery and he still only dropped to the 5th overall pick.  Eagles hand out a couple "big" contracts to UDFAs every year but that doesn't mean they believe or intend for them to become the starter on the team especially at the most important position on the team.  You take stabs in the dark and hope you can land a guy who can maybe be good enough to actually make 53 man roster.  

If Strong is just another stab in the dark, who did Philly send to the NFLPA Rookie Premiere this year? You usually don't send who you believe to be throw aways. Some names we have sent Wentz, Smith, Agholor, Sanders. Latest pick they've sent is Gainwell, and they have shown quite a bit of love to the kid.  The reviews coming out of rookie camp and the buzz is "they may have found themselves something with this kid." I think making the team won't be that hard. Winning the starting position this year, absolutely not. They will hand Hurts the job like they did last year. The one thing that nobody in this league will say is Strong has a "noodle arm" .... But somebody else just got called that @_@

28 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Built to win now, but not a contender?  Makes a ton of sense.  

= failed management

(Disclaimer: I think our roster is really good)

On 7/15/2022 at 3:24 PM, RememberTheKoy said:

That's delirious.  No offense in this league is going to be successful when they are as consistently pass heavy as the Eagles were.  You can't hand the ball off to your RBs only 2-3 times in the first half every game and expect your offense to be successful without anything resembling a balanced offense. 

You can try when your leading rusher isn't listed as a quarterback.

5 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

If Strong is just another stab in the dark, who did Philly send to the NFLPA Rookie Premiere this year? You usually don't send who you believe to be throw aways. Some names we have sent Wentz, Smith, Agholor, Sanders. Latest pick they've sent is Gainwell, and they have shown quite a bit of love to the kid.  The reviews coming out of rookie camp and the buzz is "they may have found themselves something with this kid." I think making the team won't be that hard. Winning the starting position this year, absolutely not. They will hand Hurts the job like they did last year. The one thing that nobody in this league will say is Strong has a "noodle arm" .... But somebody else just got called that @_@

Do you have a source with that review?

26 minutes ago, aptosbird said:

Do you have a source with that review?

Which part? 

Rookie Premiere 

https://sportsdailyreportcom.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles-qb-carson-strong-invited-to-nflpa-rookie-premiere/

Him impressing?

https://insidetheiggles.com/2022/05/07/undrafted-eagles-rookie-carson-strong/

Or the noodle arm? 

https://youtu.be/tb3C5D7io9Y

3 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Yes, from all accounts that I have read, it has been very quiet about Strong in camp. 

7 minutes ago, aptosbird said:

Yes, from all accounts that I have read, it has been very quiet about Strong in camp. 

You mean all that practice we haven't had???

6 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

If Strong is just another stab in the dark, who did Philly send to the NFLPA Rookie Premiere this year? You usually don't send who you believe to be throw aways. 

He's been the face of our rookie class and i find that odd considering he wasnt even drafted. Literally every player in this video and at the rookie premiere was drafted, except Strong. Could mean nothing but it also could mean that they dont view him as your typical UDFA. 

The reviews coming out of rookie camp and the buzz is "they may have found themselves something with this kid." 

When i originally seen this tweet, my first thought was that he was referring to Strong. Then i saw this tweet after we signed Strong and it pretty much confirmed my suspicions.  

The one thing that nobody in this league will say is Strong has a "noodle arm" .... But somebody else just got called that @_@

7 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

He's been the face of our rookie class and i find that odd considering he wasnt even drafted. Literally every player in this video and at the rookie premiere was drafted, except Strong. Could mean nothing but it also could mean that they dont view him as your typical UDFA. 

When i originally seen this tweet, my first thought was that he was referring to Strong. Then i saw this tweet after we signed Strong and it pretty much confirmed my suspicions.  

So multiple links and tweets enough for you aptosbird??

50 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

You can try when your leading rusher isn't listed as a running back.

If you take Hurts' rushing yards out of the team total, the team's rushing record is not as impressive as the PR is saying.  If Hurts has not improved as a passer this coming season, the RBs won't have a strong season.  The offense might improve a bit due to better skilled positions, but overall would be middle of the league.

1 minute ago, Shalodeep said:

So multiple links and tweets enough for you aptosbird??

lol...no need to get defensive. I just hadn't heard anything from the OTA's and still haven't.

3 minutes ago, aptosbird said:

lol...no need to get defensive. I just hadn't heard anything from the OTA's and still haven't.

Rookie camp he pretty much not only showed the arm, but took charge calling his own plays and all. If healthy, he will be here for awhile. 

1 minute ago, Shalodeep said:

Rookie camp he pretty much not only showed the arm, but took charge calling his own plays and all. If healthy, he will be here for awhile. 

I would like to see that be true, but right now it is a very big "if". He was also the only QB at the rookie camp so I will stay away from the anointing oil for now.

3 minutes ago, aptosbird said:

I would like to see that be true, but right now it is a very big "if". He was also the only QB at the rookie camp so I will stay away from the anointing oil for now.

That's why I didn't say starter or anything. Being here can easily be backup or 3rd QB for a few seasons. I think he will be a backup who if given the chance will be tough to take the job back from, but with our draft picks next year...that could easily be picked away lol

7 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

He was able to call plays in his first rookie practice isn’t quite "they may have found something”.  The calling plays part was from the only guy that matters at this point, Nick.  As to Knox’s conclusion that the guarantee somehow guarantees anything, I kind of showed why that is nonsense with my post about the guarantees they gave out this year.  

As to the NFLPA Rookie Premier, that’s a union event not a league event.  The Eagles sent an UDFA that is from the area to the event. That doesn’t mean ish.  You don’t know if they didn’t ask the draft choices if they wanted to go and they declined.  That part is has all the substance of smoke. 

The only thing apparent is the Eagles may have outbid other teams on the guarantee for Strong. That’s a "may”, not a did because we don’t know who else was bidding. Other teams where Strong perceived he had a smaller chance to stick or with offensive lines or skill players that didn’t suggest opportunity or health (Atlanta and Carolina come to mind) may have matched or even exceeded the Eagles offer.  But using Knox’s reasoning on that, Brooks and Ellis are sure to stick too.

Bottom line, the guarantees don’t really guarantee anything although it might help entice them to accept practice squad as an option.  

27 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

He was able to call plays in his first rookie practice isn’t quite "they may have found something”.  The calling plays part was from the only guy that matters at this point, Nick.  As to Knox’s conclusion that the guarantee somehow guarantees anything, I kind of showed why that is nonsense with my post about the guarantees they gave out this year.  

As to the NFLPA Rookie Premier, that’s a union event not a league event.  The Eagles sent an UDFA that is from the area to the event. That doesn’t mean ish.  You don’t know if they didn’t ask the draft choices if they wanted to go and they declined.  That part is has all the substance of smoke. 

The only thing apparent is the Eagles may have outbid other teams on the guarantee for Strong. That’s a "may”, not a did because we don’t know who else was bidding. Other teams where Strong perceived he had a smaller chance to stick or with offensive lines or skill players that didn’t suggest opportunity or health (Atlanta and Carolina come to mind) may have matched or even exceeded the Eagles offer.  But using Knox’s reasoning on that, Brooks and Ellis are sure to stick too.

Bottom line, the guarantees don’t really guarantee anything although it might help entice them to accept practice squad as an option.  

So Nick loved it - check 

Players who have all went in the past for us were Wentz, Aghy, Sanders, Matthews, and latest gainwell...so all higher picks other than gainwell. Did you see who the other teams sent to represent them or are you just being a keyboard tough ass because it's a ton of high profile picks other than ...drum roll please...Carson Strong. You can try to shake this off as much as you want, but the reality is they like the kid.

49 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

I heard or read that it came down to the Eagles and Vikings.

Archived