EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

Imagine if he's not. How will you be able to deal with that? 

I would continue to laugh at the delusion of the blog getting hyped over a pre season performance. 

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I would continue to laugh at the delusion of the blog

You mean like how the blog continues to laugh at your delusion about Hurts?

58 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

@TorontoEagle I have to say I agree with the ESPN rankings for the most part.  Would have Goedert 1 spot higher, but they are pretty spot on.  I will PM you.

Imagine if Hurts took a literal crap in his pants in preseason? 

Oh, wait. 

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Imagine if Hurts took a literal crap in his pants in preseason? 

Oh, wait. 

Goose Top Gun GIF - Goose Top Gun Laughing - Discover & Share GIFs

21 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

You mean like how the blog continues to laugh at your delusion about Hurts?

Yeah, how the hivemind echo chamber here continues to be detached from reality. It's very entertaining. 

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

A doctorate degree, folks. 

Can do no wrong. 

Barrett Brooks is the most useless member of Philadelphia sports media. 

4 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Yeah, how the hivemind echo chamber here continues to be detached from reality. It's very entertaining. 

What reality? The reality that Hurts is a below average passer and will likely never be more than that? The only one detached from that reality here is you.

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Barrett Brooks is the most useless member of Philadelphia sports media. 

Translation.  Barrett Brooks is not a S******

17 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Someone needs to tell him he needs to hear how to read a defense

1 hour ago, KDUB1510 said:

Yep. You combine all these factors with his legendary work ethic and you'd think he would have gotten these things down by now. Either he's not working as hard as everyone says he is or he just is what he is. 

Muscle memory is hard to retrain.  Excellent chapter about Tony Dungy on that in the book The Power of Habit:

"Part of the problem was Dungy’s coaching philosophy. In his job interviews, he would patiently explain his belief that the key to winning was changing players habits. He wanted to get players to stop making so many decisions during a game, he said. He wanted them to react automatically, habitually. If he could instill the right habits, his team would win. Period.

"Champions don’t do extraordinary things,” Dungy would explain. "They do ordinary things, but they do them without thinking, too fast for the other team to react. They follow the habits they’ve learned.”

How, the owners would ask, are you going to create those new habits?

Oh no, he wasn’t going to create new habits, Dungy would answer. Players spent their lives building the habits that got them to the NFL. No athlete is going to abandon those patterns simply because some new coach says to.

So rather than creating new habits, Dungy was going to change players’ old ones. And the secret to changing old habits was using what was already insider players’ heads. Habits are a three-step loop -- the cure, the routine, and the reward -- but Dungy only wanted to attack the middle step, the routine. He knew from experience that it was easier to convince someone to adopt a new behavior if there was something familiar at the beginning and the end.”

https://productiveclub.com/the-habit-loop/

Now I think Hurts can break the crouch habit because he doesn’t always crouch. Look at that clip again.  His cue starts with the snap.  He can stand and catch the snap in the shotgun but he is stooped like he is under Center. No need to do so.  But the real problem is he stays crouched to often. Makes sense in high school when he probably ran more than he passed. He kept running in college.  But I can show you other clips where he stands tall.  Almost every throw in the middle of the field (few), he stands tall.  Stance also helps with consistency in foot mechanics and throwing mechanics.  I think it can be fixed. But it won’t be easy. 

2 hours ago, KDUB1510 said:

20220715_091522.jpg.2b9df0836ae8735de16d082bf7242892.jpg

DeVonta is open waiting to catch a TD while Hurts is running in circles in a clean pocket. The throw would've required some anticipation from Hurts but we know he doesnt do that very well. Dont mind Vincent, he's being facetious.

20220715_090853.jpg.ca069d4d038356a9aacfb89844a3d730.jpg

Here's our UDFA in a similar situation but instead of panicking for no reason, he anticipates his receiver coming open and delivers a strike. The things we want to see from our 3rd year hard working 2nd round pick, our rookie UDFA was already doing as a sophomore in college. 

It was mentioned after playoff game, when the RB cuts in front of Hurts like he does in this play to make a block, it wrecks Hurts.  The glimpse of color in his eyes messes with him and for the most part he does the circle when they run that play.  I’m almost positive that Avant made the comment and how they kept running that play with not a lot of success. Bowles figured it out the first time the Eagles played the Bucs. 

26 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

A doctorate degree, folks. 

Can do no wrong. 

Do you actually hate the man? This isn’t a post of someone critical of his football skills, you’re bashing who he is

33 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

You and JSB

71275PB_600x.jpg

35 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

What reality? The reality that Hurts is a below average passer and will likely never be more than that? The only one detached from that reality here is you.

The reality that Hurts is the starting QB and will very likely be taking this team back to the playoffs for the second consecutive year. 

Mea while this blog was convinced the Eagles would be drafting a QB in the first and have now moved onto the delusion that an undrafted free agent QB is the QB of the future. 

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

The reality that Hurts is the starting QB and will very likely be taking this team back to the playoffs for the second consecutive year. 

Mea while this blog was convinced the Eagles would be drafting a QB in the first and have now moved onto the delusion that an undrafted free agent QB is the QB of the future. 

Hurts didn't take the team anywhere, they went to the playoffs in spite of him.

21 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Don't you dare interject your own opinion on a publication agency. They are low level trash now get with the hivemind or GTFO. 

Thanks Obama

17 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

I think it can be fixed. But it won’t be easy.

The question is how long is that going to take. He doesnt have 5 more years to fix his flaws. He has to come out slinging it this year or he will likely be replaced next offseason. As a few have asked before, why are we trying to build around a guy who does not possess the freakish athleticism of Vick or Lamar nor the raw arm talent waiting to be developed like Mahomes or Allen? I just dont see the upside of what we're doing here but i'll be happy to eat crow if he proves me wrong. Ive been extremely critical of him all offseason but i'll be rooting for him to succeed come september 11th. I really hope he shuts me up, i've just been given no evidence that'll be the case. The only QB that people can reference in regards to Hurts taking a massive leap is Josh Allen but they always leave out that Allen is practically a unicorn at the position. Allen wouldnt be where he is today if he was 6'1 with same arm talent as Hurts. I dont understand how anyone can look past the traits side of things when comparing the two.

Archived