EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

Bradberry received almost 32M out of a potential 43.5M/3 yr deal, he originally signed for with Giants. Don't think he gets anywhere close to the 11-12M he would have gotten this year. Especially this late in the off-season. No one was willing to give them even a 7th rounder, so that kinda says his current deal is not favorable. And not sure anyone is gonna give him a long term deal that he likes at this point either. He should sign a 1 yr prove it type deal where he's CB2 and can get good numbers and then cash in after the season. I would give him maybe 8-9M at this point for 1 season, structured favorably. Doubt he gets more right now.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jojodancer said:

Bradbury received almost 32M out of a potential 43.5M/3 yr deal, he originally signed for with Giants. Don't think he gets anywhere close to the 11-12M he would have gotten this year. Especially this late in the off-season. No one was willing to give them even a 7th rounder, so that kinda says his current deal is not favorable. And not sure anyone is gonna give him a long term deal that he likes at this point either. He should sign a 1 yr prove it type deal where he's CB2 and can get good numbers and then cash in after the season. I would give him maybe 8-9M at this point for 1 season, structured favorably. Doubt he gets more right now.

My guess is he takes a one year $6.5 million deal with bonuses that can push it to $10 million

47 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I don't know if we can say "they went after him". For all we know there was one zoom meeting, they didn't even bring him in to visit. I think their was way more fan interest than actual Eagles interest. 

Fair. But if we were so out of money that there was no chance we sign him I doubt we even do that.

11 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Not surprising they definitely could use corner help. And for him there no state income tax. 

20 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Yup.  His contract with the Giants was $14.5M cap hit per season.  

Nelson was signed by the Eagles for $3M.  He played a year, then got 3 years from HOU at a raise to $4.5M per season.  I doubt the Eagles will offer anywhere close to the money some other team will give Bradberry.

I wouldn‘t be so sure. If teams were ok to give him big time money someone would have traded for him. Noone did. 

Pretty sure we know he is better than Nelson. My guess is the Eagles will seriously go for him.

17 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

They're so all in, i like it. Why not. Ya never know

9 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

My guess is he takes a one year $6.5 million deal with bonuses that can push it to $10 million

That or a team like us (hopefully us) gives him 3 years backloaded.

No state tax is nice. But Vegas plays in a crazy tough division and he would have major adjustments to make there. Path to being a division winner and having good numbers vs personnel he already knows makes Eagles a good landing spot. Long term as well.

9 minutes ago, jojodancer said:

No state tax is nice. But Vegas plays in a crazy tough division and he would have major adjustments to make there. Path to being a division winner and having good numbers vs personnel he already knows makes Eagles a good landing spot. Long term as well.

He was horrible last year

5 minutes ago, jojodancer said:

Not to mention their organization is a dumpster fire

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Giants are turrible. He was good in zone, meh in man to man. Be CB2 here. Very different.

1 hour ago, BigEFly said:

Good point about Lamb.   My initial reaction to the Brown trade was the Eagles got Hurts a Lamb type player. Good body control and snatches the ball. 

Foles is a decent comp on Strong on the lows. 

If Strong isn't streaky like St. Nick, that's not a bad comp.

I'd say the chances Bradberry signs here are very slim.  This isn't a Steve Nelson situation.

Here's your list of available FA CB.  Long list of 1-year stop gap veterans who probably want a ring, a couple of high round draft pick busts and a bunch of JAGs who offer the same as what the Eagles have on the roster.

Trae Waynes- 29

Joe Haden- 33

Kyle Fuller- 30

Chris Harris- 32

Janoris Jenkins- 33

Kevin King- 27

Xavier Rhodes- 31

Jimmy Smith- 33

AJ Bouye- 30

Travis Carrie- 31

Vernon Hargreaves- 26

Darryl Roberts- 31

Ryan Smith- 28

Josh Norman- 34

Richard Sherman- 34

Nevin Lawson- 31

Maurice Canady- 27

Jason McCourty- 34

Mackensie Alexander- 28

Fabian Moreau- 28

Desmond Trufant- 31

Robert Alford- 33

Greg Mabin- 27

Torry McTyer- 27

Donte Deayon- 28

Joshua Kalu- 26

Kevin Peterson- 28

Trill Williams- 22

Chris Lammons- 26

Nick Nelson- 25

Grayland Arnold- 24

Zane Lewis- 24

Dane Cruikshank- 27

DeMarkus Acy- 24

Gavin Heslop- 24

Khalil Dorsey- 24

Damon Arnette- 25

Kareem Orr- 25

30 minutes ago, jojodancer said:

Bradberry received almost 32M out of a potential 43.5M/3 yr deal, he originally signed for with Giants. Don't think he gets anywhere close to the 11-12M he would have gotten this year. Especially this late in the off-season. No one was willing to give them even a 7th rounder, so that kinda says his current deal is not favorable. And not sure anyone is gonna give him a long term deal that he likes at this point either. He should sign a 1 yr prove it type deal where he's CB2 and can get good numbers and then cash in after the season. I would give him maybe 8-9M at this point for 1 season, structured favorably. Doubt he gets more right now.

That's not necessarily true. The hold up was Bradberry was unwilling to rework his contract with a new team. So teams could have been fine with the amount, just not the cap charge. 

15 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

What happened to news out of the Eagles Rookie Minicamp?

Did they share too much and were placed on a media blackout?

Is the rookie mini camp over?

Is there anything elese happening?

Very quiet. Too quiet.

I think coaches were underwhelmed by the rookie swag but it's not being reported. 

4 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I think coaches were underwhelmed by the rookie swag but it's not being reported. 

Why? Tell us more...

22 minutes ago, downundermike said:

He wasn’t horrible, just not a pro bowl #1 corner. We might be the ideal situation for him to redeem himself.

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Gross

So just monitoring the situation. 

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Gross

BLG rushing to report it’s not happening..

I’ll count that as a good sign!

(no pun intended)

39 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Where would Slay/Bradberry rank among Eagles CB duos?

1. Allen/Smith

2. Taylor/Vincent

3. Brown/Sheppard

4. Brown/Samuel

5. Mills/Darby

6. Slay/Bradberry

5 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

Why? Tell us more...

I don't have facts only figures.  My figures are full figured.  That's what I know.  

3 minutes ago, Infam said:

BLG rushing to report it’s not happening..

I’ll count that as a good sign!

(no pun intended)

It's not a report, he's speculating. 

4 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

1. Allen/Smith

2. Taylor/Vincent

3. Brown/Sheppard

4. Brown/Samuel

5. Mills/Darby

6. Slay/Bradberry

I don't have facts only figures.  My figures are full figured.  That's what I know.  

Don't forget Williams/Fletcher and Carroll/McKelvin

Archived