EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

10 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

What happened to news out of the Eagles Rookie Minicamp?

Did they share too much and were placed on a media blackout?

Is the rookie mini camp over?

Is there anything elese happening?

Very quiet. Too quiet.

They are trying to keep the Carson Strong news quiet, secret weapon will be kept secret.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Infam said:

We went after Mathieu so there should be enough money for Bradberry.

I don't know if we can say "they went after him". For all we know there was one zoom meeting, they didn't even bring him in to visit. I think their was way more fan interest than actual Eagles interest. 

4 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Time for Howie to monitor the situation

Maybe ramp up to "have inquired".

5 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

Hurts also had Ceedee Lamb to toss the pigskin around with lol my issues with Strong in college is his over willingness to take the big hit for short gain. He does not pick his battles well, and I think a lot of it has to do with that knee of his. I think his consistency has a lot to do with not being able to drive the ball...again because of that knee of his. If his knee was never hurt, I think he is at highest a second round pick from the film. He has some low streaks in his game like Foles would go through. Difference imo of having Strong versus a Hurts is what they are willing to throw into. On film, Strong had zero problems throwing the ball into tight windows because the talent he played with wasn't amazing at separation. Strong wideouts and tight end were rarely wide open like Hurts was during his college career. I don't expect Strong to be a factor this year, or maybe not even next, but for his skill set and arm...I fully expect him to keep pressure on whoever is ahead of him 

Good point about Lamb.   My initial reaction to the Brown trade was the Eagles got Hurts a Lamb type player. Good body control and snatches the ball. 

Foles is a decent comp on Strong on the lows. 

7 hours ago, greend said:

While this is true, thankfully I don't have to keep them to survive. In fact most of the time I throw back almost every fish I catch.

9 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Mostly catch and release too, but every once in a while you get into a mess of panfish and have the cast iron skillet and some spices over a campfire. 

We don’t get a choice in tiny Delaware, all ponds, streams, even the Brandywine is considered to be contaminated with some sort of PCB/Chemical.  Even the inland Bays (Indian River and Rehoboth) can be touchy especially for crabs, not so much Flounder thankfully.   Stocked Trout in March and April in some of the little streams are meant to be taken since they won’t last summer. 
 Otherwise a State Record that eventually gets released ASAP after recording the stats, in 2016 the record for a Largemouth 11lbs was taken not far from where I live. 

Eagles will add at least one vet to this secondary crew before training camp, if not 2. Eagles can afford to add Bradberry if they want with the "Howie" typical structure of these deals. Probably only be $3-4M counted for this year. I wouldn't take chances. I'd grab him for a 1 year deal & then reup, if all parties happy at EOY. No long term deal there. A couple of the young guys can be stashed on practice squad, if they like any. Gotta give Slay help here.

6 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

We don’t get a choice in tiny Delaware, all ponds, streams, even the Brandywine is considered to be contaminated with some sort of PCB/Chemical.  Even the inland Bays (Indian River and Rehoboth) can be touchy especially for crabs, not so much Flounder thankfully.   Stocked Trout in March and April in some of the little streams are meant to be taken since they won’t last summer. 
 Otherwise a State Record that eventually gets released ASAP after recording the stats, in 2016 the record for a Largemouth 11lbs was taken not far from where I live. 

That sucks, it's nice to have the choice whether to keep it or not. 11lbs in a huge bass around here

7 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Good point about Lamb.   My initial reaction to the Brown trade was the Eagles got Hurts a Lamb type player. Good body control and snatches the ball. 

Foles is a decent comp on Strong on the lows. 

I’m with you. Have said that before. Actually had a Arizona coach say he see a lot of foles in strong. But believes foles was a little bigger and strong has a better arm (not that he thought foles had a weak arm) 

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m with you. Have said that before. Actually had a Arizona coach say he see a lot of foles in strong. But believes foles was a little bigger and strong has a better arm (not that he thought foles had a weak arm) 

Picture of Carson's arms

image.thumb.png.8cd4f541b26dce47b4307c62095f0ac8.png

All I am seeing out in the media is about, Charles Walls, the new Director of Personnel.

And, some propaganda released by Philadelphia Eagles out on youtube, hyping Jalen Hurts and the Foundation is Set.

26 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

He's free

4 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

All I am seeing out in the media is about, Charles Walls, the new Director of Personnel.

And, some propaganda released by Philadelphia Eagles out on youtube, hyping Jalen Hurts and the Foundation is Set.

I say it every year but the Eagles have the worst content in the league when it comes to any updates regarding OTA, minicamp or TC practices.  We get next to nothing as far as coverage from the team.  We have to rely on the Philly beat writers who all seem to focus on the same things and don't get tons of access.

Early 2000s Eagles website and coverage.  Hands down best in the NFL.

Todays Eagles website and coverage.  Worst in the NFL.

I expect some team will pay Bradberry more than the Eagles would. He's a step above Steven Nelson.

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I say it every year but the Eagles have the worst content in the league when it comes to any updates regarding OTA, minicamp or TC practices.  We get next to nothing as far as coverage from the team.  We have to rely on the Philly beat writers who all seem to focus on the same things and don't get tons of access.

Early 2000s Eagles website and coverage.  Hands down best in the NFL.

Todays Eagles website and coverage.  Worst in the NFL.

Once upon a time...   Interesting that we had more and better information 20 years ago than we have access to today.   I blame Chip.  Once he came in, he blocked access to portions of practice and started to restrict access from the outside, and once he did that, the Eagles website limited the information they put out even more.  Now they are more worried, it seems, about what message does get out.

3 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

He'll be 29 come the season opener. Kinda misleading though accurate to say he's 28. Article next year would complain the Eagles are paying too much for a "30 year old CB."

12 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

Picture of Carson's arms

Sun’s out guns out 

6 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

I expect some team will pay Bradberry more than the Eagles would. He's a step above Steven Nelson.

Yup.  His contract with the Giants was $14.5M cap hit per season.  

Nelson was signed by the Eagles for $3M.  He played a year, then got 3 years from HOU at a raise to $4.5M per season.  I doubt the Eagles will offer anywhere close to the money some other team will give Bradberry.

17 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

Picture of Carson's arms

I'm betting that guy can't throw a football worth a crap

8 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Once upon a time...   Interesting that we had more and better information 20 years ago than we have access to today.   I blame Chip.  Once he came in, he blocked access to portions of practice and started to restrict access from the outside, and once he did that, the Eagles website limited the information they put out even more.  Now they are more worried, it seems, about what message does get out.

They have the minister of misinformation Dave Spadaro working on that all the time

Archived