EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah.  Effort is fine.  Sure.  Dude let’s the clock run down to under 10.  Then either decides to pass it off or drives the lane into 3 guys and then calls for a foul.  

Sure.  He played well in the second half.  Ish was going down for him and his perimeter shots were falling.  But his energy in the second half of tonight’s game is not what he has shown consistently.   Anyone can see that.   

Sixers win and make it it a series.  Fun game.  Harden nailed his 3s and the team played some excellent perimeter D.  Honestly don't give a hoot about next season, Harden's contract, whatever.  Tomorrow night is all that matters.  One thing the playoffs have shown is the Sixers have a chance to win it all.  Tough sledding ahead but no team is clearly dominant.  Tomorrow we need two things to happen:

1. Have to shoot about 40% on 3s- can't do what we did the first 2 games.

2. Maxey is a 48 minute offensive factor.

8 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

We all knew it was too good to be true.

19 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

Sixers win and make it it a series.  Fun game. 

It's been said that it's not really a series until the home team loses.

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Oh wow.  Never heard that one before.  🤯

Eat a bran muffin. 

8 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I heard a stat last night.  I think I heard it right.  Maxey has the third highest playoff scoring average for a player 21 or younger, in league history.  The other two were Lebron James and Bradley Beal.  

That is why he was untradable.  Yet there were geniuses in the Sixers thread wanting to include him in a Dame trade last year.  

Oh wow.  Never heard that one before.  🤯

Maxey is just so much fun to watch.  Looks like a natural leader as well.

6 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If you think that is awkward, there are worse ones.  It's an art form for Martin Brundle, and one he subtly plays into at times.

10 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Don’t throw stats at it, watch the game film.  Heck, Hurts had a better QB rating than Strong in their last years of college, threw for 69.7% his last year at Oklahoma (when he got in as a junior, 70.9%. Over his college career, 80 TDs with 20 interceptions.  I would offer he was playing against better competition than Strong.   But that’s stats.  Film showed Hurts to be a one look and run QB in college.  Film on Strong shows a QB that has a bit of a tendency to stare down a receiver a bit too long.  Film on Strong shows some WTF inconsistent throws.  So, I’ll ask again but wore it a bit better, based on the Nevada games you watched over the last three years,  does his inconsistency bother you.  

Hurts also had Ceedee Lamb to toss the pigskin around with lol my issues with Strong in college is his over willingness to take the big hit for short gain. He does not pick his battles well, and I think a lot of it has to do with that knee of his. I think his consistency has a lot to do with not being able to drive the ball...again because of that knee of his. If his knee was never hurt, I think he is at highest a second round pick from the film. He has some low streaks in his game like Foles would go through. Difference imo of having Strong versus a Hurts is what they are willing to throw into. On film, Strong had zero problems throwing the ball into tight windows because the talent he played with wasn't amazing at separation. Strong wideouts and tight end were rarely wide open like Hurts was during his college career. I don't expect Strong to be a factor this year, or maybe not even next, but for his skill set and arm...I fully expect him to keep pressure on whoever is ahead of him 

16 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep.  Always smiling.   Plays hard all the time and doesn't cry for a foul on every play.......unlike Hammy Harden.  

Harden is the reason they won last night idiot 

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

Am I early or late with the 830, week 2, Vikings matchup?

was just going to post the same thing.  Didn't see it posted anywhere yet. 

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Talk about ironic.  You might want to pick a lane and stay in it.  Or better yet, pick a personality and stick with it.  You're a punch line in the Sixers thread.  

Who's "HE"?

And now for my personal favorite.  You defend Harden...but want to trade Embiid.  

But they won in the end so it doesn't matter what he said. I think that is how it works.

59871157.jpg

2 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Titans @ Buffalo at 7

Vikings At Philly 830

Week 2. 

Seems like the only "in country games" leaked thus far. 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I can't keep track.  Is that a sun night, mon or thursday time?  

I love schedule leaks BTW.  

Doubleheader on MNF week 2?

Yeah, I found that odd as well.

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Reagor vs. Jefferson matchup will draw a big audience.  :blink: 

I wonder if Hurts has reached out to Kurt Warner. Seriously. If anyone could help slow down the game for someone it would be that guy.

8B6AB5B7-C233-4FC4-96DB-31430F4ECA86.jpeg

So who would you like to play against in week one if you could pick one?

Bears, Lions, Colts, Texans, Cardinals or Division?

Feels like a ‘weaker’ opponent could help us to get things going but we might surprise a ‘stronger’ opponent who has less information on us early..

Think I’d pick Colts or Cardinals.

2 minutes ago, SB52 said:

I wonder if Hurts has reached out to Kurt Warner. Seriously. If anyone could help slow down the game for someone it would be that guy

I don't think Hurts' press conference gets enough attention for what it was -- a whole bunch of empty words and very little in the way of answering questions or providing specifics on anything he is doing in the offseason to improve, other than "climb the mountain, climb the mountain, climb the mountain" and "chips on chips on chips"

Apparently he is reading a book; he did offer that up.

3 minutes ago, Infam said:

Feels like a ‘weaker’ opponent could help us to get things going but we might surprise a ‘stronger’ opponent who has less information on us early..

Bears

Just now, CouchKing said:

Vikings.

Because I just saw a headline announcing it.

Vikings is week 2.

I even listed all options. :whistle:

1 minute ago, Infam said:

Vikings is week 2.

I even listed all options. :whistle:

I deleted it quickly after going to read the story.

But, you are much faster and quoted me making an arse out of myself.

As usual.

25 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

And they overlap each other? Seems really dumb. Not sure why they would do that.

16 minutes ago, SB52 said:

I wonder if Hurts has reached out to Kurt Warner. Seriously. If anyone could help slow down the game for someone it would be that guy.

The mentality makes sense.  They are scared of losing their job.  It's about job security to not help the guy behind them take their job sooner.  

But, why should anyone care about Kurt Warner.  Dude was a UDFA QB.  He can't be good.

9 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

I deleted it quickly after going to read the story.

But, you are much faster and quoted me making an arse out of myself.

As usual.

Sorry about that. The board brings out my smartass impulses. ✌

18 minutes ago, Infam said:

Commander Carson, let’s get the first time over and done with 

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

And they overlap each other? Seems really dumb. Not sure why they would do that.

More eyes than if the Eagles/Vikings or Tenn/Buff were just 1 PM or even 4 PM games.    But, with all the teams being East of the Mississippi, they can't do a late night start.  It is odd, but they suspect they will earn more money by doing this.  

28 minutes ago, SB52 said:

Plus he can train him how to bag groceries for his next job

Archived