EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

20 minutes ago, greend said:

Rather add Chuck Norris

Nobody would ever complete a pass on us.....ever.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Swoop said:

TIL: 

The Twitter Squirters are an entirely different level of stupid. Holy hell. 

I don't go on Twitter or Facebook but they can get pretty bad on YouTube comments.   

AR-15 showed a lot of improvement in their spring game, he executed the type of plays and mechanics he said he was working on in the off-season:

He threw a lot more by using his lower body in the spring game (2nd tweet), and not just his insane arm strength like he did last year (1st tweet).

1 minute ago, 315Eagles said:

They'd be sorry if they did

8 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

AR-15 showed a lot of improvement in their spring game, he executed the type of plays and mechanics he said he was working on in the off-season:

He threw a lot more by using his lower body in the spring game (2nd tweet), and not just his insane arm strength like he did last year (1st tweet).

His touch pass in the first video had move velocity than Hurts trying to throw with velocity

9 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

kicking game would be lethal.

8 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

I don't go on Twitter or Facebook but they can get pretty bad on YouTube comments.   

I don't have a Facebook and I only look at Twitter rarely just to see/read interesting things. Don't even bother posting. 

People are next level stupid.

9 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

I just can't get on board with this new Riddell helmet

Anthony Richardson gives Florida football fans hope in spring game

41 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Marcus Epps

K'Von Wallace

Jared Mayden

Andre Chachere

Anthony Harris

Reed Blankenship

If we were to add Chuck Clark who would be our starters?

Depends on the system. As seen below, I'm a big proponent of Kary Vincent moving to S. In 2 high, it'd be Vincent and Epps. Clark would be a box S, and Harris could hit the road.

29 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Epps is their best safety.  Now, how much that says about the rest of the group is saying something but I would hope it's Clark and Epps.  Never should have brought Harris back.

It's interesting that they have Chachere listed as a safety this year.  He was one of, if not their best ST player last year.  He has a roster spot based on being a core ST player.  I've read some posts by others on here saying they want Kary Vincent to get a shot at safety and I agree. 

I also think Mayden can be a contributor.  Can he turn in to the next Rashard Cook or even better Quintin Mikell?  

Vincent absolutely will add more value as a FS than he ever will as a slot corner. Ideally, we'd keep 5 corners and 5 safeties, with Vincent and Chachere both having the ability to play both positions in an emergency (provided nobody else is added):

CB- Slay, McPhearson, Maddox, Gowan/Goodrich/Jobe, Gowan/Goodrich/Jobe

S- Vincent, Epps, Blankenship, Wallace, Chachere

We have a crapton of young secondary players...time to let them sink or swim.

1 minute ago, RLC said:

All these exciting Anthony Richardson clips. He's going to be so good.

Will he throw?  88% ratio of runs to passes.  Doesn't cut it in the NFL

2 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Will he throw?  88% ratio of runs to passes.  Doesn't cut it in the NFL

He will. He has only started 2 games in his college career as an injury replacement. 

Most of his plays were from packages in games where he would come in for a single down. Those are almost always 50-50 run/pass. 

12 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Depends on the system. As seen below, I'm a big proponent of Kary Vincent moving to S. In 2 high, it'd be Vincent and Epps. Clark would be a box S, and Harris could hit the road.

Vincent absolutely will add more value as a FS than he ever will as a slot corner. Ideally, we'd keep 5 corners and 5 safeties, with Vincent and Chachere both having the ability to play both positions in an emergency (provided nobody else is added):

CB- Slay, McPhearson, Maddox, Gowan/Goodrich/Jobe, Gowan/Goodrich/Jobe

S- Vincent, Epps, Blankenship, Wallace, Chachere

We have a crapton of young secondary players...time to let them sink or swim.

You think we sign Bradberry if he's released?

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

Where are the Flyers?

They must be worse than "Absolutely F'ed."

13 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

With the current cap situation, I say no.

After first wave of rookie signings, Eagles have 10.18 million in cap space this year, and 4.14 next year.  There will be some savings from Cox original contract June 1st, but I think they are going to want to keep as much for rollover and in season needs as possible, as they will need $$ to sign two first round picks, which would be in the neighborhood of 6 million if both picks are in the teens.

1 hour ago, garingovt2000 said:

Marcus Epps
K'Von Wallace
Jared Mayden
Andre Chachere
Anthony Harris

If we were to add Chuck Clark who would be our starters?

Would probably be Harris and Clark, but should be Clark and Epps.

6 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

Where are the Flyers?

They must be worse than "Absolutely F'ed."

Ranking the futures of every MLB NBA and NFL team, see any league missing ??

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

With the current cap situation, I say no.

After first wave of rookie signings, Eagles have 10.18 million in cap space this year, and 4.14 next year.  There will be some savings from Cox original contract June 1st, but I think they are going to want to keep as much for rollover and in season needs as possible, as they will need $$ to sign two first round picks, which would be in the neighborhood of 6 million if both picks are in the teens.

We went after Mathieu so there should be enough money for Bradberry.

2 hours ago, bpac55 said:

Interesting, thanks Sam.  

I'd put the Eagles and Sixers in alright and agree with the Phillies.  Without looking, can anyone name one Phillies prospect we should be excited about?

Abel and Painter, HS pitchers who both are big bodies who throw in the upper 90s.

Able is at Lakewood, Painter will be joining him shortly (striking out everyone in low A ball).

Just now, austinfan said:

Abel and Painter, HS pitchers who both are big bodies who throw in the upper 90s.

Able is at Lakewood, Painter will be joining him shortly (striking out everyone in low A ball).

Isn't Jessie Bates III potentially on the block also?

With Jobe and Goodrich added to the McPherson and Gowan primordial ooze at CB2, can't see them adding any FA at the CB position. One of them will be your Opening Day CB2.

Not that I'm thrilled at that prospect by an means

52 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

kicking game would be lethal.

Yup.....70, 80 yard FGs are always in play.

51 minutes ago, Swoop said:

I don't have a Facebook and I only look at Twitter rarely just to see/read interesting things. Don't even bother posting. 

People are next level stupid.

That's why it's tough to take what people post on social media seriously.   You don't know if they actually believe some of the stuff they say or if they're just saying it to get a reaction.

7 hours ago, greend said:

While this is true, thankfully I don't have to keep them to survive. In fact most of the time I throw back almost every fish I catch.

Mostly catch and release too, but every once in a while you get into a mess of panfish and have the cast iron skillet and some spices over a campfire. 

What happened to news out of the Eagles Rookie Minicamp?

Did they share too much and were placed on a media blackout?

Is the rookie mini camp over?

Is there anything elese happening?

Very quiet. Too quiet.

49 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

No.

Archived