EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

10 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Is that Dwayne? 

Absolutely!  Clapton heard this version and had to make some phone calls. 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Do the joint practices with Cleveland start today or tomorrow?

I don't know. 

30 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Yes, I looked it up last night.  Joint practices today and tomorrow and then the game on Sunday. 

Edit: just looked it up again and now a different article is saying the joint practices start tomorrow. 

5 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Yes, I looked it up last night.  Joint practices today and tomorrow and then the game on Sunday. 

Edit: just looked it up again and now a different article is saying the joint practices start tomorrow. 

I think it was 2 joint practices? So would make sense for tomorrow and Friday and then a walk through on Saturday. Off day today.

40 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Tomorrow. Today is travel, than two days practice, Saturday closed walkthrough, Sunday game at 1pm.

3 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

can anyone remember the last time we played a sunday preseason game? 

2015 against the Colts in Philly. 

19 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

eww, the game is Sunday?  Sunday pre-season? what the hell is that nonsense.

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

eww, the game is Sunday?  Sunday pre-season? what the hell is that nonsense.

Sunday at 1PM, to boot 

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

i dont remember it one bit. I finally found a site I can look it up..

2015 - weird year... Sun, Sat, Sat, Thur - 2016 Thur(3) Saturday - 2017 - Thur(4) 2018 Thur(4) 2019- Thur(4) 2020 - Thur(4) 2021 - Thur(2) Fri(1) - This year, weird year, Friday, Sunday Saturday 

The only reason I remembered is because I also thought a Sunday 1pm preseason game was weird back then too. I have no memory of anything in the game itself. 

Not sure how many guys in here work out or have followed/done Cross-Fit  but this is pretty big news for a once small workout apparel company.  If I'm not mistaken, Under Armor was the sponsor previously.  Neat to see companies grow.  I still think Cross-Fit is a cult with Peloton right on it's heels but they do have decent gear. 

1 hour ago, Bacarty2 said:

I can name 1 i like, 1 I can bare, and about 70 stones song that I cant turn the channel quick enough.

But as mentioned before I cant stand Nirvana. 

In high school/young adult life I went to a ton of concerts(slip our buddy 5 bucks, who pretended to scan it at the twedder center). 

Tom Petty, Bob Seger, Aerosmith put on a good show. I really enjoyed Fuel. I went to the Y100 Feeztival (forget what year) but had Beasties, Cuprees Hill, NFG, Weezer, and Hoobastank. (much more) but that was a good time.

But small story on the best band I've seen, with the best show.  Liked the Killers, got free tickets, went and they were amazing. so I got tickets next time they were in town at the House of Blues. It only holds 3000 people. Well the night of the show it snowed all day, and I would say less than 800 people were there. The Killers were amazing. They played for 3 hours? they did encore after encore. Best showI ever been to

Love the killers!

14 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Not sure how many guys in here work out or have followed/done Cross-Fit  but this is pretty big news for a once small workout apparel company.  If I'm not mistaken, Under Armor was the sponsor previously.  Neat to see companies grow.  I still think Cross-Fit is a cult with Peloton right on it's heels but they do have decent gear. 

been working out since my days in the military. no Cross Fit for this guy, but my wife has been doing the Well Fit (a step below Cross Fit) for a couple years now. i got her a pair of the No Bull training shoes for Christmas last year. she loves them but one shoe has recently developed a tear it in. they offered a full refund. 

D4EEF710-4023-4AF7-BDEE-A186855A391E.jpeg

2 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

At first It’s surprisingly similar to the Muse version, It’s as if they ran that version through distortion or something (even moreso than the original). I was wondering where they were going with this. He’s even singing the first verse in a Bellamy-esque way… but then I almost spit out my peanut buster parfait when he went into his Cookie Monster impersonation. That stuff always cracks me up

I can picture a father using it to recite the big bad wolf’s lines in "3 little pigs” to his infant children to make them laugh. It’s always so goofy

Fyp

This is crazy.  Players have every advantage at their hands these days.  How will the NFL HOF be able to compare stats of guys from the 60s, who worked summer jobs, to guys of the 2020s, who have AI technology that can mimic every quarterbacks throw, let alone all of the other technology, training etc. at players fingertips. 

50 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

I think it was 2 joint practices? So would make sense for tomorrow and Friday and then a walk through on Saturday. Off day today.

Next time you argue with RTK about football, remember he cant even figure out the team schedule, or that the HOF game moved to Thursday in 2017.

2 hours ago, justrelax said:

You are most definitely not a pillar.

I take that as a compliment

Article this morning about the TE situation and the difficult decision Noah Togiai has forced them in to.  Talks about what to do with Calcaterra and Togiai because Goedert and Stoll are the only locks.

A, why is Stoll a lock? His claim to fame is blocking.  This is 2022, almost every other team in the NFL is trying to have 2 dynamic TE,  not one who can block.  The only team I can think of who goes heavy at TE with a focus on blocking would be Baltimore. Go figure.

I honestly would like them to find an upgrade over Stoll, not lock him in because he can block.  

B. Is Calcaterra THAT good that they think someone will claim him?  6th round pick who retired due to concussions now hasn't practiced in almost 3 weeks because of a hamstring.  What team is knocking down the door to claim that guy if he's released with an injury settlement that can revert to IR. If anything just IR him now.

I was vocal all off-season about TE and RB being under the radar needs.  Becoming more clear every day that RB is but I still think TE is.  Next years draft is loaded.  Hopefully they can get a good one.

Guest justrelax
14 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Next time you argue with RTK about football, remember he cant even figure out the team schedule, or that the HOF game moved to Thursday in 2017.

I take that as a compliment

As well you should.

1 hour ago, Bacarty2 said:

I'll go one step deeper on the Music conversation. Best Venue?

I saw Garth at Central Park. Awesome

Saw O.A.R at Red Rocks. Awesome

Saw Guster and The Used in 2005ish at Festival pier. The All you can drink Miller Lite's for free helped but I always thought it was cool backdrop

Never been but Red Rocks would be really cool.

Back in the day when Metallica black album came out there was a venue called wolf mountain, up by park City Utah, they changed the name to park west or something like that.

It's an outdoor venue right on the side of the mountain 

We actually left early because a bunch of people had started multiple big ole fires and were dancing around them and people were tossing glass bottles in them.

I didn't really want to die at a Metallica concert.🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, justrelax said:

As well you should.

Another one of my pet peeves on the board.  If you are going to quote someone and reply, and that post has replies to two people, delete the part of the quote that is irrelevant to your reply.

Here is a pro tip.  You can highlight what you want to reply to, then hit the quote selection button.

image.png.136f607b1cfa446fb03395b1a0d411c0.png

Guest justrelax
2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Another one of my pet peeves on the board.  If you are going to quote someone and reply, and that post has replies to two people, delete the part of the quote that is irrelevant to your reply.

Here is a pro tip.  You can highlight what you want to reply to, then hit the quote selection button.

image.png.136f607b1cfa446fb03395b1a0d411c0.png

Not being a pro, I failed there.

I will do better next time.

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Tomorrow. Today is travel, than two days practice, Saturday closed walkthrough, Sunday game at 1pm.

I thought this morning they had a walkthrough closed to the press before traveling.   

Archived