EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

I don't care who started this or instigated, but fighting over a youth football game is one of the dumbest things. 1 dude vs 8+ people and they pull out a gun and shoot and kill him. Everyone involved in this is a complete idiot.

If any of this is remotely true, Talib is done.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Utebird said:

As a kid growing up in a religious family in Utah being able to hear anything from Metallica was unheard of unless ones ten year old friend had a black market connection or one was willing to jump in a sketchy van with a bunch of older high as kite metal heads just to get a glimpse of a scratchy sounding Metallica tape.

You really did live a sheltered life.  I purchased a Master of Puppets cassette at Dada records in Perth Western Australia.

2 minutes ago, wussbasket said:

I don't care who started this or instigated, but fighting over a youth football game is one of the dumbest things. 1 dude vs 8+ people and they pull out a gun and shoot and kill him. Everyone involved in this is a complete idiot.

You Are Done GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

You really did live a sheltered life.  I purchased a Master of Puppets cassette at Dada records in Perth Western Australia.

But did you jump in a van full of horned up, and high, teenagers?

5 minutes ago, wussbasket said:

Amazon is likely looking into this

1 hour ago, justrelax said:

Not being a pro, I failed there.

I will do better next time.

This would be pretty epic if you finished with times yours 

9 minutes ago, wussbasket said:

The way people act over youth sports in general is ridiculous.  Was at a soccer tournament this weekend and witnessed two groups of parents nearly come to blows over a game - the kids playing were no older than 12.  

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

We weren't allowed to have music like that in our home, as a little kid I wasn't spending my couple bucks in allowance to go down to Sam goody at the newly built mall to buy a Metallica cassette, I was buying transformers and candy.

I knew nothing about Metallica until my  older brother in 7th grade made a silk screen print of a Metallica emblem on at shirt that he later gave me 

The heaviest music I had heard before that was twisted sister we're not gonna take it on MTV and even then I saw that at a friend's house as my parents didn't let us watch MTV.

Remember this was all during the satanic panic of the 80s and if one grew up in a religious family and culture during that time Metallica was the biggest satanic cult back then  and anyone listening to them was going straight to hell.🤷‍♂️

Metallica going mainstream was a big deal for a lot of kids like me, same with AC/DC.

My parents were convinced AC/DC was of the devil as well but once I was old enough to have a job and buy my own music I did.

15 minutes ago, wussbasket said:

Legally, his brother will likely be the only person doing time -- but, yeah, his TV gig and any future affiliation with the NFL should be up in smoke.

3 minutes ago, Utebird said:

as a little kid I wasn't spending my couple bucks in allowance to go down to Sam goody at the newly built mall to buy a Metallica cassette,

That is exactly what I did with my allowance as a kid.  

I still have all the stuff I bought as a kid.

Bought this one in 1985 when I was 11.

USA For Africa - We Are The world (12 Inch Record/Maxi single) - Amazon.com  Music

8 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

The way people act over youth sports in general is ridiculous.  Was at a soccer tournament this weekend and witnessed two groups of parents nearly come to blows over a game - the kids playing were no older than 12.  

I do not miss coaching little league baseball, parents just ruin it for the kids.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

That is exactly what I did with my allowance as a kid.  

I still have all the stuff I bought as a kid.

Bought this one in 1985 when I was 11.

USA For Africa - We Are The world (12 Inch Record/Maxi single) - Amazon.com  Music

I do not miss coaching little league baseball, parents just ruin it for the kids.

That's awesome.

The first cassette tape I ever got for Christmas, I think I was 10 years oldwas Europe the Final Countdown😁, I think I still have it in s box somewhere.

I was also a huge weird Al fan.

Think the first tape I bought with my own money was either an AC/DC one or Kansas dust in the wind.

I remember when Def Leppard Hysteria came out, my brother bought it and he listened to it so much he must of  wound that worn out cassette with a number 2 pencil a hundred times before it broke.

Great Album.

8 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Legally, his brother will likely be the only person doing time -- but, yeah, his TV gig and any future affiliation with the NFL should be up in smoke.

What sort of person carries a gun to coach a youth football game. That is incredibly stupid and leads to heat of the moment reaction.  Nothing good can come from that sort of action.  

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Man, S salaries are now getting up there. Jessie Bates has gotta love this.

Man, really like James. Was hoping he made it to FA. 

28 minutes ago, Utebird said:

We weren't allowed to have music like that in our home, as a little kid I wasn't spending my couple bucks in allowance to go down to Sam goody at the newly built mall to buy a Metallica cassette, I was buying transformers and candy.

I knew nothing about Metallica until my  older brother in 7th grade made a silk screen print of a Metallica emblem on at shirt that he later gave me 

The heaviest music I had heard before that was twisted sister we're not gonna take it on MTV and even then I saw that at a friend's house as my parents didn't let us watch MTV.

Remember this was all during the satanic panic of the 80s and if one grew up in a religious family and culture during that time Metallica was the biggest satanic cult back then  and anyone listening to them was going straight to hell.🤷‍♂️

Metallica going mainstream was a big deal for a lot of kids like me, same with AC/DC.

My parents were convinced AC/DC was of the devil as well but once I was old enough to have a job and buy my own music I did.

No wonder you are out of touch with reality

27 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I think that was Judas Priest, and Zappa.   Dee Snyder put himself in it to feel important and get noticed. Sorta like a Jackass QB wearing a helmet at the Senior Bowl with two emblems.  As if anyone forgot he played at Alabama. 

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

I would take that over being a self righteous wind bag.

much better to be a self righteous d-bag. 

So much for signing a decent FA safety in the future, the Band-Aids will continue.

I mean it's not as if he couldn't use a top 100 pick on one.  

4 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

No wonder you are out of touch with reality

You know I'm not 10 years old Anymore right???

My life growing up in a religious family/culture and being sheltered from certain things in the world especially during the Satanic Panic if the 80s isn't unique to me, it's a pretty common story and why so many people like me relate to a show like Stranger Things.

I was one of those kids just like them that didn't fit in, that played D&D and hung out with the older  metal heads like Eddie.

I think being detached from reality is not realizing not every body grew up exactly like you so like any good little metal head would tell you, it's ok to stand up against those who would tell us how we should act or what we should say and do because it doesn't fit their view.

🤘

So much for signing a decent FA safety in the future, the Band-Aids will continue.

Imagine how different things would have been had 53 been Jeremy Chinn.

8 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

I think that was Judas Priest, and Zappa.   Dee Snyder put himself in it to feel important and get noticed. Sorta like a Jackass QB wearing a helmet at the Senior Bowl with two emblems.  As if anyone forgot he played at Alabama. 

I don't follow the Senior Bowl so I hadn't heard that before.  Ridiculous, in the literal sense.

4 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I mean it's not as if he couldn't use a top 100 pick on one.  

Eagles have not drafted a safety in the top 100 since Nate Allen in 2010

1 hour ago, The Blackfish said:

That’s when Metallica turned gay, or pop, same thing really.

Have you heard of an A-10 Warthog?  It sounds like this flying into battle.

I didn't hear BRRRTTTTTT once in that.

1 hour ago, wussbasket said:

The Cubs banned the OK symbol guy and put out a statement faster than Amazon has reacted/put a statement out regarding an employee directly involved in a murder.  

Sounds about right for 2022.

5 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Imagine how different things would have been had 53 been Jeremy Chinn.

I thought for sure he was going to be the pick, I remember watching and when they said Jalen Hurts I was just as shocked as probably everyone else. Weird day, weird pick still ti this day.

But hey if chinn we're the pick what would we talk about in here🤔

Archived