EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

I thought this morning they had a walkthrough closed to the press before traveling.   

https://www.cbsnews.com/philadelphia/news/eagles-browns-joint-practices-preseason-game/

The Eagles had their final practice at the Novacare Complex on Tuesday.

The Birds on Wednesday will travel to northeast Ohio for two joint practices with the Browns, which start Thursday. It's a nice challenge for the Birds to face another defense during training camp.

Just now, BigEFly said:

I thought this morning they had a walkthrough closed to the press before traveling.   

Maybe, but it can't be much since they practiced Sunday and Monday and are practicing the next two days. 

19 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Article this morning about the TE situation and the difficult decision Noah Togiai has forced them in to.  Talks about what to do with Calcaterra and Togiai because Goedert and Stoll are the only locks.

A, why is Stoll a lock? His claim to fame is blocking.  This is 2022, almost every other team in the NFL is trying to have 2 dynamic TE,  not one who can block.  The only team I can think of who goes heavy at TE with a focus on blocking would be Baltimore. Go figure.

I honestly would like them to find an upgrade over Stoll, not lock him in because he can block.  

B. Is Calcaterra THAT good that they think someone will claim him?  6th round pick who retired due to concussions now hasn't practiced in almost 3 weeks because of a hamstring.  What team is knocking down the door to claim that guy if he's released with an injury settlement that can revert to IR. If anything just IR him now.

I was vocal all off-season about TE and RB being under the radar needs.  Becoming more clear every day that RB is but I still think TE is.  Next years draft is loaded.  Hopefully they can get a good one.

Stoll has been working on receiving in this camp - he's actually similar to Togiai and Calcaterra in terms of measurables and was a solid receiver in college:

Jack Stoll TE                       6-4     247     24       2                                                                                                      (FA-21) [4.68   1.64   16   4.29   6.93   31    9’11]

Grant Calcaterra TE           6-4     243     24       R                                                                                                        (6-22) [4.62   1.59   20   4.30   7.09   32           ]

Noah Togiai TE                  6-4     244     25       3                                                                                                      (FA-20) [4.70   1.56   14   4.30   7.22   33     9’9]

Stoll has bulked up to play a true TE position, Calcaterra and Togiai are more H-back types. If Goedert goes down, you need a TE who can block to replace him.

Don't forget Tyree Jackson on PUP, who is the most talented physically of this group.

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Another one of my pet peeves on the board.  If you are going to quote someone and reply, and that post has replies to two people, delete the part of the quote that is irrelevant to your reply.

Here is a pro tip.  You can highlight what you want to reply to, then hit the quote selection button.

image.png.136f607b1cfa446fb03395b1a0d411c0.png

1 minute ago, justrelax said:

Not being a pro, I failed there.

I will do better next time.

23 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Next time you argue with RTK about football, remember he cant even figure out the team schedule, or that the HOF game moved to Thursday in 2017.

I take that as a compliment

I consider myself a pillerer of the Blog.  

3 hours ago, justrelax said:

You are most definitely not a pillar.

Maybe a pillar of salt?

27 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Article this morning about the TE situation and the difficult decision Noah Togiai has forced them in to.  Talks about what to do with Calcaterra and Togiai because Goedert and Stoll are the only locks.

A, why is Stoll a lock? His claim to fame is blocking.  This is 2022, almost every other team in the NFL is trying to have 2 dynamic TE,  not one who can block.  The only team I can think of who goes heavy at TE with a focus on blocking would be Baltimore. Go figure.

I honestly would like them to find an upgrade over Stoll, not lock him in because he can block.  

B. Is Calcaterra THAT good that they think someone will claim him?  6th round pick who retired due to concussions now hasn't practiced in almost 3 weeks because of a hamstring.  What team is knocking down the door to claim that guy if he's released with an injury settlement that can revert to IR. If anything just IR him now.

I was vocal all off-season about TE and RB being under the radar needs.  Becoming more clear every day that RB is but I still think TE is.  Next years draft is loaded.  Hopefully they can get a good one.

We are almost a month from the start of the season so why push a hamstring now.  At this point, the Beats are in that period after open TC sessions where they turn to speculation on which players make the final cut.  Not sure if the article you read mentioned it but Reich’s Colts have gone heavy at TE.  Three wouldn’t be a surprise but four would.  But who knows what happens after week one when vets’ salaries are no longer guaranteed for the season.

32 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I think its easy right now. Goedert, Stoll, Togiai, with Calceterra on the PS.

The difficult decision comes when Tyree Jackson is healthy.

18 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Maybe, but it can't be much since they practiced Sunday and Monday and are practicing the next two days. 

Time of year for walkthroughs closed to the press where they do installs so that kind of fits.

I think there would be a few teams that would claim Calcaterra if he was cut. It's essentially getting a free draft pick at this point.

37 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Calcaterra can go to IR or PS.  If he's claimed before getting to the IR, it is what it is.   I have low expectations for him as it is.  The fact that he missed time already and Togiai leapfrogged him isnt surprising to me.  Having Togiai step up is the good thing.  How it impacts Calcaterra is irrelevant.  Having too many good players at a position is a good thing, but let's not fool ourselves.  Goedert is the clear #1, and if we lose him to injury for a significant amount of time, that will hurt.  Our depth is at the #2 TE spot, not in guys who can be feature players like Goedert can.

Guest justrelax
1 minute ago, austinfan said:

Stoll has been working on receiving in this camp - he's actually similar to Togiai and Calcaterra in terms of measurables and was a solid receiver in college:

Jack Stoll TE                       6-4     247     24       2                                                                                                      (FA-21) [4.68   1.64   16   4.29   6.93   31    9’11]

Grant Calcaterra TE           6-4     243     24       R                                                                                                        (6-22) [4.62   1.59   20   4.30   7.09   32           ]

Noah Togiai TE                  6-4     244     25       3                                                                                                      (FA-20) [4.70   1.56   14   4.30   7.22   33     9’9]

Stoll has bulked up to play a true TE position, Calcaterra and Togiai are more H-back types. If Goedert goes down, you need a TE who can block to replace him.

Don't forget Tyree Jackson on PUP, who is the most talented physically of this group.

We run a lot of split zone plays. You must have a TE who can block to do that. It's a violent collision for the TE against a DE. If your TE is an indifferent blocker, the play will fail and the TE will get hurt.

15 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I consider myself a pillerer of the Blog.  

Pirate.

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I think its easy right now. Goedert, Stoll, Togiai, with Calceterra on the PS.

The difficult decision comes when Tyree Jackson is healthy.

Since he got injured week 18 they can probably just shift him to IR and stash him for the entire year. 

33 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Never been but Red Rocks would be really cool.

Back in the day when Metallica black album came out there was a venue called wolf mountain, up by park City Utah, they changed the name to park west or something like that.

It's an outdoor venue right on the side of the mountain 

We actually left early because a bunch of people had started multiple big ole fires and were dancing around them and people were tossing glass bottles in them.

I didn't really want to die at a Metallica concert.🤷‍♂️

That’s when Metallica turned gay, or pop, same thing really.

Have you heard of an A-10 Warthog?  It sounds like this flying into battle.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Remember when everyone was freaking out that Michael Irvin said the Eagles are building a dynasty

cocaine-cocaines-a-hell-of-a-drug.gif

14 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I think there would be a few teams that would claim Calcaterra if he was cut. It's essentially getting a free draft pick at this point.

I doubt it

26 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

That’s when Metallica turned gay, or pop, same thing really.

Have you heard of an A-10 Warthog?  It sounds like this flying into battle.

Have I heard of an A-10 warthog??? Are you high?

I'm from Utah, not Mars.

A-10 or the thunderbolt or tank killer was my favorite plane as a kid, the only model airplane I ever made.

Also they fly them every year at the air show at hill Air force base in Utah, cool too see up close in action.

As for Metallica seek and destroy is ok.

I prefer, for whom the bell tolls, Orion, of wolf and man, master of puppets, One, fade to black , and my favorite Nothing Else Matters.

The black album is great, brought underground metal scene Into the mainstream for the first time 

As a kid growing up in a religious family in Utah being able to hear anything from Metallica was unheard of unless ones ten year old friend had a black market connection or one was willing to jump in a sketchy van with a bunch of older high as kite metal heads just to get a glimpse of a scratchy sounding Metallica tape.

The black album was the first Metallica I heard because it was actually on the radio, I was wearing my sleevless justice for all t shirt, after I got older I could buy my own music, and hide most of it from my parents and I got into a lot more metal besides Metallica 

Like iron maiden, Deo, Megadeath, Alice Cooper ,Ozzy I guess counts ???

Good music is good music, if Metallica had stayed in the underground all those years maybe bands like disturbed, slip knot, kill switch engage, are still in the basement.🤷‍♂️

Archived