Playstation 5

opengeo

2 hours ago, jrsu37 said:

Now Best Buy had it where based on your IP, or entered zip, you could only order for pickup to a store close to you...I believe you could set the radius also. That made it where only people who were picking up their PS5 could purchase, and I believe it's one per name/account. 

That is the best way to do it as I've seen...PS Direct was good also, but not as practical in helping to avoid hoarding.

Best Buy still hasn't sold me a PS5 even though I spend so much damn money their annually. I should be the person they send a private invite to for ordering. 

3 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Best Buy still hasn't sold me a PS5 even though I spend so much damn money their annually. I should be the person they send a private invite to for ordering. 

And I don't buy sheet from best buy and that is where I got my ps5 lol

• Like 1

PS5 (disc) no longer selling for a loss 

15 hours ago, DBW said:

Wait, ps5 are still hard to find?  

Yesiiir

19 hours ago, DBW said:

Wait, ps5 are still hard to find?  

I only found like four 

10 hours ago, opengeo said:

I started playing No Man’s Sky again. 

You aren't tricking me!! Everytime I get started you stop again then I get lost! 

Please let me know how it plays and if you notice any good improvements. Just load times alone make every game 10x better lol

• Like 1

@Agent23 Did you swap out the internal storage or get an external storage? Trying to figure out what's the best option when you're playing multiple games and so you need more storage than the one that came with the PS5

13 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

You aren't tricking me!! Everytime I get started you stop again then I get lost! 

Please let me know how it plays and if you notice any good improvements. Just load times alone make every game 10x better lol

It’s incredible. Gets exponentially better with each update. 

6 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

@Agent23 Did you swap out the internal storage or get an external storage? Trying to figure out what's the best option when you're playing multiple games and so you need more storage than the one that came with the PS5

I’m not sure if the PS5 storage is swappable yet. I forget what the default hard drive type is (maybe it’s an nvme?) and I know they just made available a beta software that supposedly lets people add a chip to the secondary storage bay (as I understand it, the memory stick requires a heat sink, some sell with and other sell without, but I think the storage chips rated for the PS5 when adding a heat sink is still like $250-300 for ONE terabyte… so not a cost-effective option at the moment for those who have tried the beta

i bought a 5TB external HDD from Best Buy on sale for $89.99 on an early Black Friday sale, and I have my entire ps4 (and older) library including all the free ps+ games installed on that which probably eats up 3.5GB itself. The few PS4 games I played on the PS5 I just transfer them to the PS5 internal drive and have all ran butter smooth. Have not yet attempted legitimately playing PS4 games off the external but maybe I should try some compare and contrast one of these days just for comparison purposes. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I’m not sure if the PS5 storage is swappable yet. I forget what the default hard drive type is (maybe it’s an nvme?) and I know they just made available a beta software that supposedly lets people add a chip to the secondary storage bay (as I understand it, the memory stick requires a heat sink, some sell with and other sell without, but I think the storage chips rated for the PS5 when adding a heat sink is still like $250-300 for ONE terabyte… so not a cost-effective option at the moment for those who have tried the beta

i bought a 5TB external HDD from Best Buy on sale for $89.99 on an early Black Friday sale, and I have my entire ps4 (and older) library including all the free ps+ games installed on that which probably eats up 3.5GB itself. The few PS4 games I played on the PS5 I just transfer them to the PS5 internal drive and have all ran butter smooth. Have not yet attempted legitimately playing PS4 games off the external but maybe I should try some compare and contrast one of these days just for comparison purposes. 

So do you just play 1 PS5 game at a time and delete it then since the internal storage is small and games take up a lot of room?

Just now, Mike030270 said:

So do you just play 1 PS5 game at a time and delete it then since the internal storage is small and games take up a lot of room?

I think the largest PS5 game I had was maybe 120GB or so? 

I platinumed days gone back around June 10th so that can get transferred back onto the PS4 external 

image.jpg

I tend to play multiple games but PS5 storage sucks. I didn't know swapping out the internal drive for a bigger size wasn't really optional. Can you play PS5 games on the external or do we have to swamp games from the external to the internal and back and forth when done?

The PS5 games can only be played off internal storage 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

The PS5 games can only be played off internal storage 

Didn't know that. Thanks for all of the info

A few others saved on here as well. The simultaneous quantity of games at once is still pretty decent

image.jpg

6 hours ago, opengeo said:

It’s incredible. Gets exponentially better with each update. 

Did you play that prisims update? I watched a trailer and I thought it was just like a cut scene and then holy Eff! It was the actual game play! I'm really impressed with them sticking it out with this game and even making sure they were ready with the PS5 version

• Like 1

On 8/15/2021 at 2:59 PM, Mike030270 said:

price reference, withOUT heat sink that is also needed 

28 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

That's seems insane for just 2TB

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

I saw some for 250 still a lot. I heard it unlocks some pretty great features though