Hurts in 2022

ManchesterEagle

Hurts in 2022  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What will Hurts do in 2022?

• Hurts will have an MVP level season and be the QB going forward.
    • Hurts will have a very good season and be the QB going forward
    • I expect Hurts to have a good to very good season. I'm still not sure if he's the franchise guy, but I'm open to it.
    • I expect Hurts to be good to very good next season in a loaded team. I'm fairly convinced he's not our long time QB though.
    • Hurts is better than some on the board give him credit for and I expect Hurts to improve next season, but it won't be good enough. We move on in 2023.
    • Hurts is an average QB, who may get slightly better in a loaded team. He is not good enough though.
    • Hurts is a glorified running back. He can be effective to a level, but this season will prove he can't beat good teams/QBs. He will finish the year though.
    • Hurts will regress this year. Tampa Bay gave the blueprint for beating him. He should be replaced by Minshew or Strong at some point in the season.
    • Hurts is not a good QB. He should be replaced by Minshew or Strong at some point in the season.
    • Hurts sucks. He's a bottom 5 QB. He should be replaced by Minshew or Strong at some point in the season.

This poll is closed to new votes

On 6/21/2022 at 1:59 PM, Mike030270 said:

If Hurts regresses then they should also fire the QB coach because they hired him specifically for Hurts

I still do not agree with this statement.  I think being a Florida coach ( Howie also went to Florida ) had more to do with it.  Hurts and Johnson have no overlap at all as a player and coach.

1 minute ago, paco said:

That's what I remember him getting pinched for.

I honestly got a kick out of him.  He was.... out there :lol: 

I wonder if he ever made it to Lake Titicaca

1 minute ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Wait, he was a holocaust denier?  Holy crap, I rarely go to CVON, I never knew. I just thought he was a Foles Wentz harmless but obsessive crank, but if he was a straight NSDAP then yeah F that guy.

Holcaust denier.  Flat earther.  911 didn't happen.  Probably believed in lizard people.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Well, you KNOW he's not going back to Dade county

Just now, downundermike said:

@mikemack8, just want to point out I had nothing to do with this poll.

He can tell, some of the options are positive.

boom-roasted.gif

• Haha 3

This doomed thread actually took a turn for the better. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, paco said:

That's what I remember him getting pinched for.

I honestly got a kick out of him.  He was.... out there :lol: 

You would! Lol

9 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Wait, he was a holocaust denier?  Holy crap, I rarely go to CVON, I never knew. I just thought he was a Foles Wentz harmless but obsessive crank, but if he was a straight NSDAP then yeah F that guy.

He went as far as saying that Hitler could of been a good guy but, people made up lies about him in the schools just like the earth being round. 

7 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

The largely the same roster went 4-11-1 the year before.  Unless you're trying to say the addition of rookies DeVonta and Gainwell swung the team 5 more wins. Also Jalen had a big role in the Eagles having the #1 rushing offense. 

The same roster?! XD what world do you live in?  Smith, Gainwell , mailata starting all season, Dickerson starting, Watkins starting over reagor half way through the year, and a complete change in scheme. That's a wild amount of change man. The oline was better, the receiving options were better, and the fact our QB has to get us to #1 running team is pretty pathetic 

9 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I still do not agree with this statement.  I think being a Florida coach ( Howie also went to Florida ) had more to do with it.  Hurts and Johnson have no overlap at all as a player and coach.

He's a family friend of Hurts. They very likely brought him in because he knows Hurts

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

You would! Lol

I remember trying to explain to him how water could stick to a ball and even drew pictures for him :lol:

On 6/23/2022 at 10:35 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

He went as far as saying that Hitler could of been a good guy but, people made up lies about him in the schools just like the earth being round. 

Was it like that one joke (I forget the comedian)  "I'm not saying Hitler wasn't a bad guy, just not all his ideas weren't bad"  :unsure: 

4 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

The same roster?! XD what world do you live in?  Smith, Gainwell , mailata starting all season, Dickerson starting, Watkins starting over reagor half way through the year, and a complete change in scheme. That's a wild amount of change man. The oline was better, the receiving options were better, and the fact our QB has to get us to #1 running team is pretty pathetic 

Mailata didn't start all season.  He missed several games and then played several more out of position when he came back. 

Your post makes it clear you're just a completely unreasonable person with an agenda. 

4 minutes ago, paco said:

I remember trying to explain to him how water could stick to a ball and even drew pictures for him :lol:

I remember those lol, those were good times! They were like stick figures and sheet lol

Bobby kept up the fight where eagleva just shouts and disappears after he back slaps you fools

1 minute ago, paco said:

Was it like that one joke (I forget the comedian)  "I'm not saying Hitler was a bad guy, just not all his ideas weren't bad"  :unsure: 

I know bill Burr did a bit on Hitler and it was hilarious..... Bobby didn't come off as funny to me

• Haha 1

Bobby Wizdum got banned because the fire he spit was simply too hot to handle. 

15 minutes ago, downundermike said:

@mikemack8, just want to point out I had nothing to do with this poll.

Lies No GIF

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

There are currently several people who frequent CVON that are admirers of Hitler, comparing him in a favorable manner to Trump.  So yeah, there's that.  

Just now, mikemack8 said:

There are currently several people who frequent CVON that are admirers of Hitler, comparing him in a favorable manner to Trump.  So yeah, there's that.  

This is true, I'm more of a observer in cvon lol. It's to intense over there

33 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Mailata didn't start all season.  He missed several games and then played several more out of position when he came back. 

Your post makes it clear you're just a completely unreasonable person with an agenda. 

Bahahahahahahahaa again you are the most entertaining troll on this board

The weapons are better, the line was better, and the schedule was a cake walk. A QB who struggles with accuracy past 5 yards made it to the playoffs with his legs and I'm supposed to have any level of confidence? Not going to happen until he makes it happen 

50 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

The largely the same roster went 4-11-1 the year before.  Unless you're trying to say the addition of rookies DeVonta and Gainwell swung the team 5 more wins. Also Jalen had a big role in the Eagles having the #1 rushing offense. 

35 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Yeah, that comment was comedy.  Below you see the offensive line in 2020 and 2021.  Bolded in black no longer on the team, bolded in red did not start a game in 2020.  Highlighted is the most starts at each position.   2020, 19 starts by players who were not on the team in 2021.  Do what you will with this information.

image.thumb.png.6e0fd989e6cb2ee72709b572e30ab69d.png

22 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Mailata started 9 games at LT in 2020, he started 12 at LT in 2021

53 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Holocaust denier, flat earther, 9-11 truther. 

Basically a supporter of every known conspiracy theory. 

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Yeah, that comment was comedy.  Below you see the offensive line in 2020 and 2021.  Bolded in black no longer on the team, bolded in red did not start a game in 2020.  Highlighted is the most starts at each position.   2020, 19 starts by players who were not on the team in 2021.  Do what you will with this information.

image.thumb.png.6e0fd989e6cb2ee72709b572e30ab69d.png

I would say 2021 hard far less turn over and had higher quality fill ins....so kinda proves my point 

1 hour ago, Shalodeep said:

The weapons are better, the line was better, and the schedule was a cake walk. A QB who struggles with accuracy past 5 yards made it to the playoffs with his legs and I'm supposed to have any level of confidence? Not going to happen until he makes it happen 

No one was looking at the Eagles roster last year as a highly talented one. But now suddenly in retrospect since they made the playoffs they were an "amazing" team around Hurts. I'm not a troll, I just disagree with your over the top hate of Hurts.  My stance isn't an absurd one to hold, you're just desperate for acceptance so you regurgitate what a lot of ignorant people in the echo chamber of the blog say, but if you exit that echo chamber you start to encounter reality. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

No one was looking at the Eagles roster last year as a highly talented one. But now suddenly in retrospect since they made the playoffs they were an "amazing" TE around Hurts. I'm not a troll, I just disagree with your over the top hate of Hurts.  My stance isn't an absurd one to hold, you're just desperate for acceptance so you regurgitate what a lot of ignorant people in the echo chamber of the blog say, but if you exit that echo chamber you start to encounter reality. 

You are going to argue that he didn't have a great oline, a good receiving group overall with two good to great tight ends, a good rookie receiving style RB, a Heisman trophy winner, and a traditional deep threat that most of the fan base can agree has talent? Was their depth in the receiving room? Not really, but Hurts can't go through enough progressions at this point of his career for that to matter. I have put up enough stats and context to make my point plenty of times. Hurts at this point is a below average passer, and will have to get significantly better at things that he CAN control and overcome the things he can't. He isn't an ideal QB candidate for a SB contending team at all. But hey, we have all liked players who weren't that great. Right Koy?

3 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

You are going to argue that he didn't have a great oline, a good receiving group overall with two good to great tight ends, a good rookie receiving style RB, a Heisman trophy winner, and a traditional deep threat that most of the fan base can agree has talent? Was their depth in the receiving room? Not really, but Hurts can't go through enough progressions at this point of his career for that to matter. I have put up enough stats and context to make my point plenty of times. Hurts at this point is a below average passer, and will have to get significantly better at things that he CAN control and overcome the things he can't. He isn't an ideal QB candidate for a SB contending team at all. But hey, we have all liked players who weren't that great. Right Koy?

You keep saying he had two great TEs.  Ertz was traded early in the season.  Offensive line is good but it still had to deal with various injuries last season.  Both starting guards were lost for the year.  His LT was out for several games.  His RT was out for several games.  Only start on the offensive line that didn't miss time was Kelce. He had probably the least expierenced wide receiver core in the league last year.  The closest player to a veteran in that group was Greg Ward. So you had a bunch of inexperienced youth on the offensive side of the ball with an extremely young and inexpierenced coaching staff and first year HC who was calling plays for the first time in his career.  And then on the defensive side of the ball they were severely lacking talent which became a major issue anytime they played a good QB because the defense was incapable of holding those QBs below 80+ completion percentage.

So no, they did not have some juggernaut of talent on their roster last season. They were a year removed from a 4-11-1 season and surpassed all expectations to make the playoffs. 

• Like 1