Hurts in 2022

ManchesterEagle

Hurts in 2022  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What will Hurts do in 2022?

• Hurts will have an MVP level season and be the QB going forward.
    • Hurts will have a very good season and be the QB going forward
    • I expect Hurts to have a good to very good season. I'm still not sure if he's the franchise guy, but I'm open to it.
    • I expect Hurts to be good to very good next season in a loaded team. I'm fairly convinced he's not our long time QB though.
    • Hurts is better than some on the board give him credit for and I expect Hurts to improve next season, but it won't be good enough. We move on in 2023.
    • Hurts is an average QB, who may get slightly better in a loaded team. He is not good enough though.
    • Hurts is a glorified running back. He can be effective to a level, but this season will prove he can't beat good teams/QBs. He will finish the year though.
    • Hurts will regress this year. Tampa Bay gave the blueprint for beating him. He should be replaced by Minshew or Strong at some point in the season.
    • Hurts is not a good QB. He should be replaced by Minshew or Strong at some point in the season.
    • Hurts sucks. He's a bottom 5 QB. He should be replaced by Minshew or Strong at some point in the season.

This poll is closed to new votes

25 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

If he is throwing more this year, he is definitely throwing more picks for how off the mark he was. The attempts alone will put him around 12-13ish. If he keeps running the way he did and they stay only at 9int, chances are he had ran himself out of the job. would be great if he went 21/9 3800 63% , but definitely short of the 40 mark. Hell a few or those 40 mill guys I would of paid, and I like them overall as QBs. 

He only had a 2.1% interception rate last season.  Good enough for 13th best in the league.  Outside of the brain fart of an interception right before half in the first Giants game he doesn't make sloppy stupid passes.  During the first 7 weeks of the season when he was averaging 34.6 attempts per game his interception rate was 1.7%. 

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

He only had a 2.1% interception rate last season.  Good enough for 13th best in the league.  Outside of the brain fart of an interception right before half in the first Giants game he doesn't make sloppy stupid passes.  During the first 7 weeks of the season when he was averaging 34.6 attempts per game his interception rate was 1.7%. 

If he does anything other than running ranking top 15, protecting the ball would be it. Thing is... He had games where he didn't even pass for 150 yards. When you are that low in yards, two things happen. Either you never pushed the ball down field and took the complete conservative passing route with little to no risk or reward, or you didn't pass the ball enough to get ints or tds. 

2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

You really don't seem to understand that the Eagles would have to be interested in paying him that much in order for them to actually pay him that much.  And if he plays well enough for the Eagles to then believe he is worth that much then that's good a thing. 

Oh I understand that. What you seem to ignore is what Hurts will want. He will expect a new contract between 35-45 mil. The Eagles will most likely let him walk unless he performs much better than last year. Those figure I posted above will not even be close for the Eagles to pay him. He will need 4000 yards, 66-70%, 25 TD's 10 INT's at a minimum passing. I could care less about the running. Post those numbers and we can talk. Don't and he can walk....

1 hour ago, Shalodeep said:

If he does anything other than running ranking top 15, protecting the ball would be it. Thing is... He had games where he didn't even pass for 150 yards. When you are that low in yards, two things happen. Either you never pushed the ball down field and took the complete conservative passing route with little to no risk or reward, or you didn't pass the ball enough to get ints or tds. 

Except Jalen did consistently try to push the ball down the field last year.  The game he had the most passing yards last season, 387, he had no interceptions. 

25 minutes ago, stine said:

Oh I understand that. What you seem to ignore is what Hurts will want. He will expect a new contract between 35-45 mil. The Eagles will most likely let him walk unless he performs much better than last year. Those figure I posted above will not even be close for the Eagles to pay him. He will need 4000 yards, 66-70%, 25 TD's 10 INT's at a minimum passing. I could care less about the running. Post those numbers and we can talk. Don't and he can walk....

If Hurts plays well enough to earn a large contract then that is a good outcome. 

I agree. It will make everything much easier for Howie. I have my doubts, but I have been wrong many times so may be again...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Except Jalen did consistently try to push the ball down the field last year.  The game he had the most passing yards last season, 387, he had no interceptions. 

So the one game vs the rest of the season is how you judge? Collective data says he doesn't have big passing games. Once in awhile isn't the standard

Just now, Shalodeep said:

So the one game vs the rest of the season is how you judge? Collective data says he doesn't have big passing games. Once in awhile isn't the standard

The whole season is the standard.  The 2.1 interception percentage is the standard.  The 1.7 interception percentage for the first 7 games when he was throwing the ball 34.6 times per game is the standard. 

Unlike you I'm actually providing backing stats for the argument.  You're only countering with crap you're just trying to pull out of your ass while too lazy to do any backing research what you're saying. 

Jalen Hurts making a significant increase to his interceptions thrown would be taking a step back.  Looking at how he generally takes care of the ball well as a passer that shouldn't be an expectation for this upcoming season. 

7 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

The whole season is the standard.  The 2.1 interception percentage is the standard.  The 1.7 interception percentage for the first 7 games when he was throwing the ball 34.6 times per game is the standard. 

Unlike you I'm actually providing backing stats for the argument.  You're only countering with crap you're just trying to pull out of your ass while too lazy to do any backing research what you're saying. 

Jalen Hurts making a significant increase to his interceptions thrown would be taking a step back.  Looking at how he generally takes care of the ball well as a passer that shouldn't be an expectation for this upcoming season. 

Or I'm at work with a special needs kid and can only go e short answers until I get home and hand you your ass

37 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

But that extremely low percentage reminds me of foles first season as a starter. Chances of that being his career is damn near zero if he actually becomes a quarterback. There will be a growing pain where that number will go up until he becomes more than a running qb

What isn't making sense is that some of us who aren't fond of him as the QB are accepting and okay with him throwing a few more picks, and you as his #1 fan isn't....it's ass backwards 

I even said his second best trait is protecting the ball and then you want to attack lol you are like a crazy chick who can't handle a compliment 

But you wanna play this game. He is 24th in touchdown percentage with 3.7%. So he is what I call a back up QB. Doesn't throw a lot of touchdowns and protects the ball 

For reference. Minshews career is 4.8% TD and only 1.4% int aka by your stats, he isn't even the best on his own team 

When you go cherry picking to make an argument, make sure you check it's surroundings first, cause Jalens coconuts don't match up to the mustache 

29 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

But that extremely low percentage reminds me of foles first season as a starter. Chances of that being his career is damn near zero if he actually becomes a quarterback. There will be a growing pain where that number will go up until he becomes more than a running qb

What isn't making sense is that some of us who aren't fond of him as the QB are accepting and okay with him throwing a few more picks, and you as his #1 fan isn't....it's ass backwards 

I even said his second best trait is protecting the ball and then you want to attack lol you are like a crazy chick who can't handle a compliment 

But you wanna play this game. He is 24th in touchdown percentage with 3.7%. So he is what I call a back up QB. Doesn't throw a lot of touchdowns and protects the ball 

For reference. Minshews career is 4.8% TD and only 1.4% int aka by your stats, he isn't even the best on his own team 

He was 2.7% his rookie year so going down to 2.1% his second season doesn't come off as some crazy outlier.  He had an interception rate of 1.9% in college. 

Minshew on the other hand is a guy who historically for his career is going to play it very close to the line of scrimmage and really limit the times he will throw down the field. 

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

He was 2.7% his rookie year so going down to 2.1% his second season doesn't come off as some crazy outlier.  He had an interception rate of 1.9% in college. 

Minshew on the other hand is a guy who historically for his career is going to play it very close to the line of scrimmage and really limit the times he will throw down the field. 

Minshews career numbers would of put him 13th in TD percentage and 3rd in int percentage this year. Find another metric because Jalen isn't even top dog on his own team. Thanks for playing RTK

1 hour ago, Shalodeep said:

Minshews career numbers would of put him 13th in TD percentage and 3rd in int percentage this year. Find another metric because Jalen isn't even top dog on his own team. Thanks for playing RTK

And that's relevant how to your initial baseless claim we were discussing that Hurts interceptions are going to dramatically increase this season? 

10 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

And that's relevant how to your initial baseless claim we were discussing that Hurts interceptions are going to dramatically increase this season? 

Increase in attempts equals increase in interecpetions. Even if he keeps the same percentage. That was explained to you by two people already. 

5 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Increase in attempts equals increase in interecpetions. Even if he keeps the same percentage. That was explained to you by two people already. 

I don't think we will see his interceptions go up that much.  If anything I expect his interceptions percentage to continue to go down. 

5 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I don't think we will see his interceptions go up that much.  If anything I expect his interceptions percentage to continue to go down. 

I have him at 11-12 which isn't bad at all to go up 700 yards in production. Again, protecting the ball is his best asset as an actual QB 

His TD/INT ratio is quite poor though. And throw in the fumbles and he has a turnover problem. Along with an offensive efficiency problem.

• Haha 1

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2022 at 3:40 PM, Shalodeep said:

I have him at 11-12 which isn't bad at all to go up 700 yards in production. Again, protecting the ball is his best asset as an actual QB 

OK -  So Let's assume Hurts throws for 3600 yards with 22 TD's and 7 INT's. Is this good enough for you to keep him with a new contract? Because if he accomplishes all of this, he would have won you cash betting the over in Las Vegas for TDs and yards....

My point is, no one is expecting him to light up the field with his arm. This is with a superb supporting cast.......

1 hour ago, stine said:

OK -  So Let's assume Hurts throws for 3600 yards with 22 TD's and 7 INT's. Is this good enough for you to keep him with a new contract? 

No

1 hour ago, stine said:

OK -  So Let's assume Hurts throws for 3600 yards with 22 TD's and 7 INT's. Is this good enough for you to keep him with a new contract? Because if he accomplishes all of this, he would have won you cash betting the over in Las Vegas for TDs and yards....

My point is, no one is expecting him to light up the field with his arm. This is with a superb supporting cast.......

under 3800 28/10 64%, he shouldn't even start next year, let alone get paid. He needs to look like a quarterback before he gets paid like one. I think this year he will be the third best QB in the division and the team gets frustrated with his play going into the bye

23 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

under 3800 28/10 64%, he shouldn't even start next year, let alone get paid. He needs to look like a quarterback before he gets paid like one. I think this year he will be the third best QB in the division and the team gets frustrated with his play going into the bye

Well, we should be careful on our expectations. Eagles will still run the ball more than most. That is our strong point with our O-Line. I still think he will pass more, but not as often as Rodgers, Allen or Mahomes. so 3600 yards to go with a #1 rushing attack may be solid stats. I am just throwing that out there. We need to see how those yards are accumulated. How he looks in the pocket etc.....

41 minutes ago, stine said:

Well, we should be careful on our expectations. Eagles will still run the ball more than most. That is our strong point with our O-Line. I still think he will pass more, but not as often as Rodgers, Allen or Mahomes. so 3600 yards to go with a #1 rushing attack may be solid stats. I am just throwing that out there. We need to see how those yards are accumulated. How he looks in the pocket etc.....

The owner wants a passing game and has spent 2 first (3 if you can't the trade) 100 million dollar contract for the trade and second on wide outs, a second and big contract on a tight end.... I really think they want to throw the ball to win. The QB doesn't match the money. Now if he comes out and balls out, hell yeah....but if he does everything he has down up to this point on a football field. Hell no

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

The owner wants a passing game and has spent 2 first (3 if you can't the trade) 100 million dollar contract for the trade and second on wide outs, a second and big contract on a tight end.... I really think they want to throw the ball to win. The QB doesn't match the money. Now if he comes out and balls out, hell yeah....but if he does everything he has down up to this point on a football field. Hell no

Well, I would think wins matter more than stats. If he balls out but we only win 8 games, what good does that do?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stine said:

So we just paid a WR 100 million dollars to be a run heavy team ??

AJ Browns best season was 2020,  he had 1075 yards and 11 TD's.

His QB that year, Tannehill, had 3800 yards and 33 TD's in 16 games, that is with Henry rushing for 2000 yards.

Corey Davis had 984 yards, and the top two TE's combined for 835 yards.  

Expecting 4000 yards from Hurts in 17 games is not expecting to much.  Plus DeVonta and Goedert are going to want to get their numbers.