Hurts in 2022

ManchesterEagle

Hurts in 2022  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What will Hurts do in 2022?

• Hurts will have an MVP level season and be the QB going forward.
    • Hurts will have a very good season and be the QB going forward
    • I expect Hurts to have a good to very good season. I'm still not sure if he's the franchise guy, but I'm open to it.
    • I expect Hurts to be good to very good next season in a loaded team. I'm fairly convinced he's not our long time QB though.
    • Hurts is better than some on the board give him credit for and I expect Hurts to improve next season, but it won't be good enough. We move on in 2023.
    • Hurts is an average QB, who may get slightly better in a loaded team. He is not good enough though.
    • Hurts is a glorified running back. He can be effective to a level, but this season will prove he can't beat good teams/QBs. He will finish the year though.
    • Hurts will regress this year. Tampa Bay gave the blueprint for beating him. He should be replaced by Minshew or Strong at some point in the season.
    • Hurts is not a good QB. He should be replaced by Minshew or Strong at some point in the season.
    • Hurts sucks. He's a bottom 5 QB. He should be replaced by Minshew or Strong at some point in the season.

This poll is closed to new votes

17 minutes ago, stine said:

Well, I would think wins matter more than stats. If he balls out but we only win 8 games, what good does that do?

He needs to be a reason we are winning with his arm. Is that better? We know he can run, and we know that's a short career with zero rings. Rather him dump down and take the easy 5 rather than try to run and take a hit for 3. 

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

So we just paid a WR 100 million dollars to be a run heavy team ??

AJ Browns best season was 2020,  he had 1075 yards and 11 TD's.

His QB that year, Tannehill, had 3800 yards and 33 TD's in 16 games, that is with Henry rushing for 2000 yards.

Corey Davis had 984 yards, and the top two TE's combined for 835 yards.  

Expecting 4000 yards from Hurts in 17 games is not expecting to much.  Plus DeVonta and Goedert are going to want to get their numbers.

Hey, I agree with you. I am just pointing out other factors is all. Rodgers passed for 4300 yards last year. So Expecting 4,000 yards may be a bit too much. Certainly expecting over 3800 yards is not though. We are not that far apart with our expectations. Look, we need to see this play out.  We both agree that Hurts chances are slim being the QB in 2023......

21 hours ago, downundermike said:

So we just paid a WR 100 million dollars to be a run heavy team ??

AJ Browns best season was 2020,  he had 1075 yards and 11 TD's.

His QB that year, Tannehill, had 3800 yards and 33 TD's in 16 games, that is with Henry rushing for 2000 yards.

Corey Davis had 984 yards, and the top two TE's combined for 835 yards.  

Expecting 4000 yards from Hurts in 17 games is not expecting to much.  Plus DeVonta and Goedert are going to want to get their numbers.

Agreed. If Hurts and his main weapons stay healthy, he should be putting up 4,000 yards.

15 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Agreed. If Hurts and his main weapons stay healthy, he should be putting up 4,000 yards.

My problem with that is that's an average of 236 a game and he only passed that 4 times last year and tied it once. One win was week 1 when nobody had tape, and the other was Washington... He had just as many games under 150 as he did 236 and up...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

My problem with that is that's an average of 236 a game and he only passed that 4 times last year and tied it once. One win was week 1 when nobody had tape, and the other was Washington... He had just as many games under 150 as he did 236 and up...

The Eagles did not bring AJ Brown in to just block all the time. I fully expect Hurts to throw more and put up more yards than last year.

8 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

The Eagles did not bring AJ Brown in to just block all the time. I fully expect Hurts to throw more and put up more yards than last year.

So a top oline, top 5 tight end (another top 10 early season), Heisman winner and a legit deep threat who shows real signs of being a good player isn't enough so adding one more guy will make him accurate and decisive enough to get 900 yards more this season? It is possible. Hell, likely because 4k isn't as impressive of a feat as it once was...but he has show just as much as he can't do it as he has shown he might be able to. I'm a little skeptical and with injuries being a real thing, I don't think he gets there 

53 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

So a top oline, top 5 tight end (another top 10 early season), Heisman winner and a legit deep threat who shows real signs of being a good player isn't enough so adding one more guy will make him accurate and decisive enough to get 900 yards more this season? It is possible. Hell, likely because 4k isn't as impressive of a feat as it once was...but he has show just as much as he can't do it as he has shown he might be able to. I'm a little skeptical and with injuries being a real thing, I don't think he gets there 

Look ultimately I think adding a top 10 league WR to the offense and another year in the system for Hurts will result in him averaging 235 yards plus per game. 

As you say, injuries will play a part as to whether he makes it to 4,000 yards, but I expect the volume and the efficiency of the passing game to increase.

1 hour ago, Shalodeep said:

For the eagles franchise 4k is a tall task lol. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Look ultimately I think adding a top 10 league WR to the offense and another year in the system for Hurts will result in him averaging 235 yards plus per game. 

As you say, injuries will play a part as to whether he makes it to 4,000 yards, but I expect the volume and the efficiency of the passing game to increase.

So two top 32 wideouts, top 5 tight end, #1 Oline, #1 run offense is enough (I know he is part of why it's #1) 

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

For the eagles franchise 4k is a tall task lol. 

Very much so. That's part of my frustrations. They say top 10 QB like it's easy, two 1k receivers like it's easy, 100 receptions like it's ever happened here 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

It's not just about other players though is it, it's another years experience, we could have kept the same roster at wideout and Hurts should still improve, because he's seen more fronts and coverages, he's got experience of how much time he has back there, if all it took to take a step was top end pass catchers Jimmy G wouldn't be looking for a job.

Hurts proved at Oklahoma that in the right system he can sling it accurately and maintain his rushing numbers, the Eagles are hoping he takes the step at NFL level, a large section of the TATE Brains Trust says he absolutely cannot and will not, couple of months we're gonna find out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

It's not just about other players though is it, it's another years experience, we could have kept the same roster at wideout and Hurts should still improve, because he's seen more fronts and coverages, he's got experience of how much time he has back there, if all it took to take a step was top end pass catchers Jimmy G wouldn't be looking for a job.

Hurts proved at Oklahoma that in the right system he can sling it accurately and maintain his rushing numbers, the Eagles are hoping he takes the step at NFL level, a large section of the TATE Brains Trust says he absolutely cannot and will not, couple of months we're gonna find out.

Hurts got exposed by Tampa. The rest of the league will attempt to copy and paste that.  The growth he will need to show this year would have to be one of the biggest leaps we have seen to date. Using Oklahoma is a little difficult because he was throwing to a wide open Lamb the entire time. He can't wait for the guy to be open, and he has shown little anticipation up to this point.  His only elite on field skill is his legs, and possibly ball protection. He isn't accurate, he isn't decisive, he doesn't have a bazooka, he isn't great at maneuvering within the pocket, he doesn't do time routes well.  He doesn't do what QBs are supposed to do well. Will he get better? Sure. But to bring up his Oklahoma production going into his third rookie year at this point is silly. He was exposed in college and sat down too in Alabama. 

I don't even fully blame him for some of the bad play I seen last season because that screen game was embarrassing and predictable. Hopefully the scheme is a hybrid from last year. I feel his completion percentage without those bad screens being called often thought would of put him at 60% or lower and this discussion would be a lot easier to have with you guys

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Hurts proved at Oklahoma that in the right system that in a conference that plays no defense he can sling it accurately and maintain his rushing numbers

FYP

Hurts got exposed by Tampa. The rest of the league will attempt to copy and paste that.

Every playoff team has that blueprint. If they can expose L. Jackson they can expose Jalen Tebow. 

• Thanks 1

Hurts got exposed by Tampa. The rest of the league will attempt to copy and paste that.  The growth he will need to show this year would have to be one of the biggest leaps we have seen to date.

Mahomes got exposed by the Bengals, Rodgers got exposed by the 49ers, Brady by the Rams, Burrow by the Rams, Dak by the 49ers, Murray by the Rams… everyone has been exposed, we’re all naked underneath, none of the offenses will adjust, none of the schemes will change, no new plays will ever be created, QBs will never be the same… errr different.

/sarcasm 

Hurts will learn to adjust and overcome like all good QBs have to or we move on because he’s unable to adjust and overcome.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

I feel his completion percentage without those bad screens being called often thought would of put him at 60% or lower and this discussion would be a lot easier to have with you guys

LOL. Do you actually believe all the things you type?

Translation: Jalen padded his stats with bad play calls that were doomed to fail and that alone was enough to win some fans over. Great detective work, there. I can't believe I fell for his sneaky scheme!

4 hours ago, brkmsn said:

LOL. Do you actually believe all the things you type?

Translation: Jalen padded his stats with bad play calls that were doomed to fail and that alone was enough to win some fans over. Great detective work, there. I can't believe I fell for his sneaky scheme!

Here, I'll explain what he's actually saying: 

"Jalen Hurts has a poor completion percentage. Had it not been for the high number of screens and quick dump offs, which were frequent, his completion percentage may have actually flirted with being laughable."

2 minutes ago, Swoop said:

"Jalen Hurts has a poor completion percentage. Had it not been for the high number of screens and quick dump offs, which were frequent, his completion percentage may have actually flirted with being laughable."

Yup, remember when sam Bradford went to the Vikings and broke the completion percentage record? Does anyone want him back? 

• Thanks 1

65% of Jalen's passes were under 10 yards, yet only had a QBR of 43 in those situations, and still found a way of holding on to the ball over 3 seconds and have a low completion percentage. So add in the fact he is ranked as one of the worst deep ball QBs in the league and you get a bad QB who isn't worth getting excited about 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

65% of Jalen's passes were under 10 yards, yet only had a QBR of 43 in those situations, and still found a way of holding on to the ball over 3 seconds and have a low completion percentage. So add in the fact he is ranked as one of the worst deep ball QBs in the league and you get a bad QB who isn't worth getting excited about 

I mean look I'm not going to argue with you necessarily. Hurts has his issues and his flaws. And yes he struggled with the deep ball but I do think having AJ Brown here is going to help. I also think with a little more experience and coaching this year he can make a step in the right direction. 

10 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean look I'm not going to argue with you necessarily. Hurts has his issues and his flaws. And yes he struggled with the deep ball but I do think having AJ Brown here is going to help. I also think with a little more experience and coaching this year he can make a step in the right direction. 

I have said multiple times that I expect growth. I think another weapon obviously helps. I was hoping to also add Cole Turner to help with his off throws, but washington ruined that. When I watch AJ Brown tape, I just wonder if Jalen has the ability to get him in stride to get up field like he is used to. I know they have worked out the offseasons together, but AJ not getting any better during the offseasons doesn't make me feel better about that lol 

20 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

Hurts got exposed by Tampa. The rest of the league will attempt to copy and paste that.  The growth he will need to show this year would have to be one of the biggest leaps we have seen to date. Using Oklahoma is a little difficult because he was throwing to a wide open Lamb the entire time. He can't wait for the guy to be open, and he has shown little anticipation up to this point.  His only elite on field skill is his legs, and possibly ball protection. He isn't accurate, he isn't decisive, he doesn't have a bazooka, he isn't great at maneuvering within the pocket, he doesn't do time routes well.  He doesn't do what QBs are supposed to do well. Will he get better? Sure. But to bring up his Oklahoma production going into his third rookie year at this point is silly. He was exposed in college and sat down too in Alabama. 

I don't even fully blame him for some of the bad play I seen last season because that screen game was embarrassing and predictable. Hopefully the scheme is a hybrid from last year. I feel his completion percentage without those bad screens being called often thought would of put him at 60% or lower and this discussion would be a lot easier to have with you guys

Jalen has had an entire offseason to digest what he has learned. Defensive brain trusts have had an entire offseason to figure out how to make Jalen look like he looked against  Tampa Bay. We'll see who has the better offseason.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Swoop said:

Yes, because no other QB's completion percentages include such passes. Once again, I have to compliment this detective agency on its ability to really dig deep!

In the past, I was corrected by the nice people of the EMB when I tried to laughably  compare Hurts to McNabb despite the players playing at two different eras, during which football has obviously completely changed. During McNabb's playing time, his all time leading pass catcher was a RB.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

Jalen has had an entire offseason to digest what he has learned. Defensive brain trusts have had an entire offseason to figure out how to make Jalen look like he looked against  Tampa Bay. We'll see who has the better offseason.

I feel defenses have less of a mountain to climb than Jalen is why I lean away from Jalen's camp in this equation. Jalen has multiple fronts to fix before he can be considered a top guy...and all a defense has to do is make him win within the pocket and don't let him roll right

55 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Yes, because no other QB's completion percentages include such passes. Once again, I have to compliment this detective agency on its ability to really dig deep!

In the past, I was corrected by the nice people of the EMB when I tried to laughably  compare Hurts to McNabb despite the players playing at two different eras, during which football has obviously completely changed. During McNabb's playing time, his all time leading pass catcher was a RB.

I don't think anyone said that was the case though, right? Wouldn't you say that Hurts threw the ball less than 10 yards for the majority of his completions? I would. Most of us watching, would. If you wanna give him credit for poorly pushing the ball down the field at times as well, have at it. 

I'm sorry your feelings got hurt. Hope you have a better day.

• Haha 1