Hurts in 2022

ManchesterEagle

Hurts in 2022  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What will Hurts do in 2022?

• Hurts will have an MVP level season and be the QB going forward.
    • Hurts will have a very good season and be the QB going forward
    • I expect Hurts to have a good to very good season. I'm still not sure if he's the franchise guy, but I'm open to it.
    • I expect Hurts to be good to very good next season in a loaded team. I'm fairly convinced he's not our long time QB though.
    • Hurts is better than some on the board give him credit for and I expect Hurts to improve next season, but it won't be good enough. We move on in 2023.
    • Hurts is an average QB, who may get slightly better in a loaded team. He is not good enough though.
    • Hurts is a glorified running back. He can be effective to a level, but this season will prove he can't beat good teams/QBs. He will finish the year though.
    • Hurts will regress this year. Tampa Bay gave the blueprint for beating him. He should be replaced by Minshew or Strong at some point in the season.
    • Hurts is not a good QB. He should be replaced by Minshew or Strong at some point in the season.
    • Hurts sucks. He's a bottom 5 QB. He should be replaced by Minshew or Strong at some point in the season.

This poll is closed to new votes

11 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

You act as if he was filling in for Brees.  Regardless it was a very good defense that the Eagles dropped 40 on.  

Defense scored a TD, Eagles had to go 39 yards on a TD drive after a turnover, and 12 yards for a FG after a turnover.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Defense scored a TD, Eagles had to go 39 yards on a TD drive after a turnover, and 12 yards for a FG after a turnover.

He doesn't get context brother lol 

11 minutes ago, downundermike said:

And Hurts was not very good as a passer in that win

image.png.4eca8b62438f9b987973616f598f4d43.png

Are you shocked?

4 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I'm down for that, but I created the poll because so many people on this board are swearing blind that Hurts can't play. Just makes it nice and easy to see who thought what before the season starts. 

Yeah, I guess it's like the selecting every game to get the season W-L record, something I never participate in. I prefer ditching my crystal ball and watching the season play out. 

16 hours ago, Infam said:

Before season starts: Hurts sucks, team is bad, we will be 5-12!!! 

After the season: Our team was amazing and was just held back by Hurts. Without him we’d have had a deep run. Look at all the weapons!!!

I don't think anyone is saying the roster (particularly offense) was amazing. I know you're grasping at straws though.

Was the offensive line more stable as a whole? Yep. Were the offensive weapons better than the previous season? Yep. Did we actually stick to running the ball? Eventually, yep. 

Speaking of running the ball, we did more of that and less of that Jalen Hurts dropping back thing as the season went along. Normally taking the ball out of the QBs hands isn't a good thing, but you know that even if you pretend you don't. 

Oh and, you don't think the last place schedule and teams that happened to get hit with COVID/injuries don't make a difference? That we were relatively healthy doesn't make a difference? 

It was a combination of many things, including not turning the ball over at an unprecedented amount like Wentz did in 2020. Kudos to Hurts for not having a case of the fumbles. 

13 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Saints had a winning record last year.  

My bad. Point is, they beat up on bad teams with 2nd string QB's. Only win against a Solid QB was Week 1 against Ryan. They had a new coach also and were actually worse then we were...

16 minutes ago, stine said:

My bad. Point is, they beat up on bad teams with 2nd string QB's. Only win against a Solid QB was Week 1 against Ryan. They had a new coach also and were actually worse then we were...

Context doesn't work on this guy. 

27 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Context doesn't work on this guy. 

Understood. I guess mentioning that Siemian's record was 1-4 last year will not help then...?

30 minutes ago, stine said:

Understood. I guess mentioning that Siemian's record was 1-4 last year will not help then...?

Not at all. He ignores their record was being carried by Winston's 5-2 record and Hill sneaking a few off at the end. Koy doesn't really put much thought into anything. He is our board troll. We feed him from time to time 

What is this CVON I’ve seen mentioned in this thread?  I assumed it was shorthand for another board topic here (a la TATE), but if so I cannot find it.

7 hours ago, stine said:

I compared that to the kid that raises his hand for 2 + 2 then proceeds to take his participation points and sleep for the rest of class

23 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

Not Brees, but Winston had 14tds to 3 ints in 7 games....and they were 5-2 with him. Was a completely different team once he was gone 

The defense wasn't completely different.  That defense without Winston shutout Brady and the Bucs.  Winston didn't play defense.  So not sure how Winston not playing has any impact on the Eagles offense scoring 40 points and beating the Saints.  

10 hours ago, stine said:

Well the primary issue of the team being unable to be good QBs would logically fall on the defense that was unable to keep good QBs from completing 80%+ of their passes against us.  

34 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Well the primary issue of the team being unable to be good QBs would logically fall on the defense that was unable to keep good QBs from completing 80%+ of their passes against us.  

Modern NFL, you have to outscore teams, a lot of the time.

I’m unsure so I cannot cast a vote.  I do expect Hurts to show improvement and think it will probably be fairly significant in some areas.  However, I am concerned he won’t show enough in areas that you really want your franchise QB to excel in.  If all of that happens it is hard to say what the team will do but I can say I will want to move on and grab someone in the 2023 draft and restart the evaluation process.  We simply cannot afford to hitch ourselves to him like we did Wentz if there are still too many questions surrounding his abilities.  I can also say I do hope he works out because he has so many other qualities you want your leader to have but you can’t sign him long term for those if the complete QB skill package isn’t there.  

Hurts will regress this year. Tampa Bay gave the blueprint for beating him. He should be replaced by Minshew or Strong at some point in the season.

This was my selection and I'm surprised only one other person agrees.

It's obvious how well he can throw against a good defense that won't let him run. Which is not well at all.

3 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

The defense wasn't completely different.  That defense without Winston shutout Brady and the Bucs.  Winston didn't play defense.  So not sure how Winston not playing has any impact on the Eagles offense scoring 40 points and beating the Saints.  

The eagles offense didn't score 40.... Defense scored once, and then given short fields. Also, hurts didn't throw a TD or over 150 yards that game... 

24 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

The eagles offense didn't score 40.... Defense scored once, and then given short fields. Also, hurts didn't throw a TD or over 150 yards that game... 

Hurts did throw a TD to Goedert, he was ruled down at the 1 but if the Eagles bothered to review it would have been overturned as a TD.  Also, Hurts scored 3 TDs that game.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Hurts did throw a TD to Goedert, he was ruled down at the 1 but if the Eagles bothered to review it would have been overturned as a TD.  Also, Hurts scored 3 TDs that game.  

Oh I forgot to look into the running back stats. My bad

13 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Oh I forgot to look into the running back stats. My bad

Yeah I guess you were too busy looking at who the QB of the other team was for whatever reason when trying to find away to minimize Hurts and the Eagles offense performance against one of the better defenses in the NFL.   

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Yeah I guess you were too busy looking at who the QB of the other team was for whatever reason when trying to find away to minimize Hurts and the Eagles offense performance against one of the better defenses in the NFL.   

I don't have to minimize Hurts. His play did it for me last season.  Trevor is/was an abomination at QB so short fields and defensive plays to be made. Jalen scoring RB TDS doesn't impress me for anything long term. Never build on that 

5 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

I don't have to minimize Hurts. His play did it for me last season.  Trevor is/was an abomination at QB so short fields and defensive plays to be made. Jalen scoring RB TDS doesn't impress me for anything long term. Never build on that 

Good thing your opinion is completely irrelevant and the Eagles and the Eagles will continue to proceed with Jalen.  

6 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Good thing your opinion is completely irrelevant and the Eagles and the Eagles will continue to proceed with Jalen.  

For the year and then another QB will come in because they won't be paying a QB 40 million to run touchdowns in 

I just watched Steve Young on a football life.... He said it's nice to be able to run but you can't survive the QB position just running around. He said that your number one job is to sit in the pocket and deliver the football accurately and on time that's your job and you have to do it to be a QB. 

• Like 5