Hurts in 2022

ManchesterEagle

Hurts in 2022  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What will Hurts do in 2022?

• Hurts will have an MVP level season and be the QB going forward.
    • Hurts will have a very good season and be the QB going forward
    • I expect Hurts to have a good to very good season. I'm still not sure if he's the franchise guy, but I'm open to it.
    • I expect Hurts to be good to very good next season in a loaded team. I'm fairly convinced he's not our long time QB though.
    • Hurts is better than some on the board give him credit for and I expect Hurts to improve next season, but it won't be good enough. We move on in 2023.
    • Hurts is an average QB, who may get slightly better in a loaded team. He is not good enough though.
    • Hurts is a glorified running back. He can be effective to a level, but this season will prove he can't beat good teams/QBs. He will finish the year though.
    • Hurts will regress this year. Tampa Bay gave the blueprint for beating him. He should be replaced by Minshew or Strong at some point in the season.
    • Hurts is not a good QB. He should be replaced by Minshew or Strong at some point in the season.
    • Hurts sucks. He's a bottom 5 QB. He should be replaced by Minshew or Strong at some point in the season.

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

You are going to argue that he didn't have a great oline, a good receiving group overall with two good to great tight ends, a good rookie receiving style RB, a Heisman trophy winner, and a traditional deep threat that most of the fan base can agree has talent? Was their depth in the receiving room? Not really, but Hurts can't go through enough progressions at this point of his career for that to matter. I have put up enough stats and context to make my point plenty of times. Hurts at this point is a below average passer, and will have to get significantly better at things that he CAN control and overcome the things he can't. He isn't an ideal QB candidate for a SB contending team at all. But hey, we have all liked players who weren't that great. Right Koy?

Before season starts: Hurts sucks, team is bad, we will be 5-12!!! 

After the season: Our team was amazing and was just held back by Hurts. Without him we’d have had a deep run. Look at all the weapons!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Huh? He didn't have an amazing team around him last year and he helped take this team to the playoffs in his first year as the starter. 

He helped this team to a losing record  in the first half of the season while the coach thought he had a QB, and then they made the playoffs only because for some reason the league added an extra slot. That team did not deserve to go to the playoffs last year and the wild card game showed why.

He is so extremely mediocre as a passer that they literally had to change the entire offense so he wasn't throwing the ball that often. Hurts is not a QB that's going to win you a super bowl. If you're content with squeaking into the playoffs and getting your ish pushed in every year, he's the guy for you

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Infam said:

Before season starts: Hurts sucks, team is bad, we will be 5-12!!! 

After the season: Our team was amazing and was just held back by Hurts. Without him we’d have had a deep run. Look at all the weapons!!!

We definitely weren't built for a Superbowl run last year. The defensive talent wasn't there and the coach definitely had some crap to work out. If it wasn't for the worst stretch of QBs I've ever seen in a row plus a scheme to take Jalen's arm out of the equation, we wouldn't of broken 6 wins. He beat nobody, he is a nobody at this point. 

23 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

My stance isn't an absurd one to hold

Hurts being in the MVP race is an absolutely absurd take.  Hurts is getting a vote is absurd.  Him being close to the MVP field is laughable at best.

8 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

You keep saying he had two great TEs.  Ertz was traded early in the season.  Offensive line is good but it still had to deal with various injuries last season.  Both starting guards were lost for the year.  His LT was out for several games.  His RT was out for several games.  Only start on the offensive line that didn't miss time was Kelce. He had probably the least expierenced wide receiver core in the league last year.  The closest player to a veteran in that group was Greg Ward. So you had a bunch of inexperienced youth on the offensive side of the ball with an extremely young and inexpierenced coaching staff and first year HC who was calling plays for the first time in his career.  And then on the defensive side of the ball they were severely lacking talent which became a major issue anytime they played a good QB because the defense was incapable of holding those QBs below 80+ completion percentage.

So no, they did not have some juggernaut of talent on their roster last season. They were a year removed from a 4-11-1 season and surpassed all expectations to make the playoffs. 

A few games without mailata but replaced with a more than adequate player in Dillard. A few games without Johnson replaced by mailata. Guard was replaced with Dickerson who was a beast and brooks should never be counted on as the starter. It was exciting when he was, but between Driscoll and Herbig, that position was more than adequate for the season. So oline was great. You all brag about Smith breaking the rookie record, but argue against his talent when it's convenient. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Hurts being in the MVP race is an absolutely absurd take.  Hurts is getting a vote is absurd.  Him being close to the MVP field is laughable at best.

What I'm not getting is one guy joins the team and he goes from bum to MVP? Like it's the same team they are downing this year plus one guy who has a down year with a better qb

2 hours ago, paco said:

IT36XhB.jpg

The love child of Kid Rock and Uncle Kracker.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

I still see Hurts as a QB2. 

He's a starting QB, just in the bottom half of the league.  If he were cut, he'd get signed somewhere either by a team that needs a starter or he'd compete for a starting job.  But he could potentially become a journeyman backup if he doesn't improve enough. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NOTW said:

He's a starting QB, just in the bottom half of the league.  If he were cut, he'd get signed somewhere either by a team that needs a starter or he'd compete for a starting job.  But he could potentially become a journeyman backup if he doesn't improve enough. 

I can agree with that assessment. Gives a team a year or two until something new comes along. That's how I see his situation now actually lol 

Honestly, any of the Poll questions could prove to be true in 2022, how about just taking a wait and see stance instead of dusting off crystal balls.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

I just need to see the actual improvement in real time before I reassess what I think he is. At this point I see him as a QB2. Could that change? Yes, but not until this coming season is winding down. By then, I think we'll all know.

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

I don’t think he’ll have a MVP season but given our offense right now I wouldn’t be that sure either..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

You all brag about Smith breaking the rookie record, but argue against his talent when it's convenient. 

Just like you will praise him and wave around his record just to then argue Hurts had absolutely nothing to do with it?

6 minutes ago, Infam said:

Just like you will praise him and wave around his record just to then argue Hurts had absolutely nothing to do with it?

I actually don't. I didn't find his record impressive at all considering the state of the NFL. 

33 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Honestly, any of the Poll questions could prove to be true in 2022, how about just taking a wait and see stance instead of dusting off crystal balls.

I'm down for that, but I created the poll because so many people on this board are swearing blind that Hurts can't play. Just makes it nice and easy to see who thought what before the season starts. 

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

Yeah, that comment was comedy.  Below you see the offensive line in 2020 and 2021.  Bolded in black no longer on the team, bolded in red did not start a game in 2020.  Highlighted is the most starts at each position.   2020, 19 starts by players who were not on the team in 2021.  Do what you will with this information.

image.thumb.png.6e0fd989e6cb2ee72709b572e30ab69d.png

DICKERSON DID NOT START A GAME IN 2020....

2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

You keep saying he had two great TEs.  Ertz was traded early in the season.  Offensive line is good but it still had to deal with various injuries last season.  Both starting guards were lost for the year.  His LT was out for several games.  His RT was out for several games.  Only start on the offensive line that didn't miss time was Kelce. He had probably the least expierenced wide receiver core in the league last year.  The closest player to a veteran in that group was Greg Ward. So you had a bunch of inexperienced youth on the offensive side of the ball with an extremely young and inexpierenced coaching staff and first year HC who was calling plays for the first time in his career.  And then on the defensive side of the ball they were severely lacking talent which became a major issue anytime they played a good QB because the defense was incapable of holding those QBs below 80+ completion percentage.

So no, they did not have some juggernaut of talent on their roster last season. They were a year removed from a 4-11-1 season and surpassed all expectations to make the playoffs. 

My $.02. I do not think the reason the Eagles made the play-offs were because we had this "great" team behind Hurts. It was because we had played terrible teams. We beat not one team with a Winning record last year. Almost all had back-up QB. Remember, our defense was average at best. This year should answer everyone's questions regardless of today's opinions.....

4 minutes ago, stine said:

My $.02. I do not think the reason the Eagles made the play-offs were because we had this "great" team behind Hurts. It was because we had played terrible teams. We beat not one team with a Winning record last year. Almost all had back-up QB. Remember, our defense was average at best. This year should answer everyone's questions regardless of today's opinions.....

I had said it was due to scheduling as well, but he can't acknowledge that because it destroys his argument 

4 hours ago, devpool said:

He helped this team to a losing record  in the first half of the season while the coach thought he had a QB, and then they made the playoffs only because for some reason the league added an extra slot. That team did not deserve to go to the playoffs last year and the wild card game showed why.

He is so extremely mediocre as a passer that they literally had to change the entire offense so he wasn't throwing the ball that often. Hurts is not a QB that's going to win you a super bowl. If you're content with squeaking into the playoffs and getting your ish pushed in every year, he's the guy for you

The coach though the was coaching Arena Football in the first half of the season with how he refused to call run plays with his RBs.  And yeah, it would be wise for a HC to call an offense for a young inexperienced QB in his first year starting where you lean on the running game to help out your young inexperienced QB.  

1 hour ago, stine said:

Saints had a winning record last year.  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Saints had a winning record last year.  

Pretty sure we played Trevor Simeon lol

19 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

The coach though the was coaching Arena Football in the first half of the season with how he refused to call run plays with his RBs.  And yeah, it would be wise for a HC to call an offense for a young inexperienced QB in his first year starting where you lean on the running game to help out your young inexperienced QB.  

So you are telling us the coach had to take the ball out of the QB's hands as a passer to win games, say it isn't so.

8 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Pretty sure we played Trevor Simeon lol

You act as if he was filling in for Brees.  Regardless it was a very good defense that the Eagles dropped 40 on.  

13 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

You act as if he was filling in for Brees.  Regardless it was a very good defense that the Eagles dropped 40 on.  

Not Brees, but Winston had 14tds to 3 ints in 7 games....and they were 5-2 with him. Was a completely different team once he was gone