Cyberpunk 2077 -- December 10th

opengeo

1 hour ago, c_u_in_tampa said:

There's a lot going on in this game and I definitely feel lost at times, like I needed a cyberpunk 101 course. 

Amazon had a huge sale a couple months on guide book pre-order so I figured why not (sometimes flipping through those is a nice way to "relive" a game years later when I'm not going to take the time to spend another 60 hours re-playing something). Buuut.... on a bit of a delay so not sure if that will be a helpful resource or not.

Different topic... is there a way to screenshot our character creations and share in here? From the "glitch" articles I've very barely looked at, sounds like there is a clothing option during the game that at least gives a full body menu?

The more I play, the more bugs and glitches I encounter. When I’m driving the graphics get really really bad. I’m playing on an Xbox one. My Xbox was downloading a huge patch this afternoon, so hopefully that will help. Like many of you, can’t play when the kiddos are around.

2 minutes ago, Gannan said:

The more I play, the more bugs and glitches I encounter. When I’m driving the graphics get really really bad. I’m playing on an Xbox one. My Xbox was downloading a huge patch this afternoon, so hopefully that will help. Like many of you, can’t play when the kiddos are around.

See!! They said current gen was bad

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

See!! They said current gen was bad

I didn’t notice it at all in the character creation and the "prologue”. But when you get to the open world stuff it gets really bad. When I’m interacting with the characters it’s fine, I did the whole dream dance part last night. 

39 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I didn’t notice it at all in the character creation and the "prologue”. But when you get to the open world stuff it gets really bad. When I’m interacting with the characters it’s fine, I did the whole dream dance part last night. 

I'll start it one of these days instead of just giving you guys reviews of what other gamers are saying lol

New patch when turning on tonight for Xbox. 15.89 gb 

nothing noticeable on update for me.

played another few hours doing all side quests basically. Have to say love the driving and the fast travel feature in this game. Just well done. And the side quests are enjoyable and weird/interesting/funny. 

• Like 1

The bugs are pretty bad but holy sheet can we appreciate the scale of this thing? The scale of the world paired with the complexity of the design is bonkers. Really excited to explore.

Playing at the highest difficulty and it was definitely a challenge to start in the first big fights.  Thinking of investing a solid amount into hacks and stealth going forward to level the playing field a bit. Only so much "run and gun" you can do here. 

• Like 2

Challenge continues to be that I can only get in 45 mins to an hour of play time at any one time...makes it hard to really get into the game. I really like driving...totally reminds me of GTA. In awe of the scope of the map. As I had read way back, the best part of the map is how much vertical development there is. I keep getting my ass handed to me in fights. I find inventory management to be wayyy too tedious. I don't know wtf I pick up, where to find it, how to change/mod/upgrade what I find and what I have. Very complicated.

It is definitely a lot to take in. Also the sheer amount of jobs and missions can be overwhelming. But I feel like the system tracks them well and keeps them manageable.

I haven’t done much with inventory stuff, pretty much just picking up random weapons and upgrading my clothing to stuff with more armor. 

• Like 1

You can make bank by hacking access points using breach once you get the level 2 data mining perk. Almost $1k for each access point plus rare components for crafting. Using ping often also helps to earn breach exp pts.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

You can make bank by hacking access points using breach once you get the level 2 data mining perk. Almost $1k for each access point plus rare components for crafting. Using ping often also helps to earn breach exp pts.

Nice. Will do this, I’m broke from paying back the ripperdoc

On 12/11/2020 at 2:46 PM, Gannan said:

The corpo storyline of awesome. Corpos in cyberpunk are dastardly entities dealing in blackmail, assassination, and espionage. Love it. 

Still testing things out, but yes I do think the corpo storyline looks the most promising.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Still have no clue how to hack access points. 

14 hours ago, opengeo said:

Still have no clue how to hack access points. 

I had to look it up too, because it's a more advanced version of the breach protocol and I thought I knew how that worked pretty well. The access points version throws extra sequences at you which is confusing as F at first, but it's still just a crude puzzle mini-game using random permutations to throw you off. Not sure I'm gonna do it justice, and you're probably better off watching a youtube of it or some ish, but here it goes anyway...

Cyberpunk 2077 Breach Protocol guide - Polygon

Ok so first things first, this is a time limited puzzle (top left red box) and every failure/exit will cause the subsequent attempts to have reduced time. Learned that the hard way when I kept exiting trying to get a more favorable puzzle only to realize solving it in 5 seconds is a wee bit trickier than 30 seconds.

The overall objective is to enter a string of bytes to match any of the target sequences. For details on how to do this, keep reading...

The buffer window (top right red box) shows what bytes (two-character alpha numeric hex codes) you are going to enter to solve the puzzle. You can't delete bytes, so once you enter them, they are locked in and you have to keep going. Not all of the bytes in the buffer window need to match the target sequence bytes. In the example given, the player has a 5 byte buffer window, so he can "waste" up to 2 bytes if he cares about solving just one of the 3 sequences, since they are all 3-byte sequences.

The target sequences (bottom right red box) show what codes you have to try to replicate when entering codes. I've only ever seen a max of three sequences and while it's technically possible to solve the puzzle for all 3 sequences, it requires either some very good luck, or more advanced perks/experience in breaching. For now at least, focus on solving just the first sequence on its own, and then maybe the second one  on its own you get the hang of it. As you get better at it, you can work on trying to solve the third on its own, or the first and second together, etc. Forget trying to nail all three, it's very difficult early on.

The code matrix window (bottom left red box) shows you a series of rows and columns of all the possible bytes to choose from. For now, ignore that some of the bytes have little squares around them. I'll get to that later but it's just a hint to try to help you  think of a plan of attack. I say that because while this is a timed puzzle, you have an unlimited amount of time to plan out how you're going to enter the bytes. I'll repeat that, you can take as much time as you need to think things through because the timer does not start until you enter your first byte.

Ok so now for the tricky part, the whole reason why you need to plan anything out at all, is because you can only enter bytes from the same row or column as the last byte you entered in an alternating fashion. If they let you just freely choose bytes to match the sequence, the puzzle wouldn't be a puzzle at all, it'd just be a dumb word search with numbers and letters. So the whole idea is that you have to find the most efficient pattern of bytes from alternating rows and columns to match the target sequences. You do this by starting with the first row and selecting one of the bytes to move on to the next column. The game always starts with the first row, so you have to think things through to figure out which byte from that row is the best option. Once you enter your first byte from the first row, THE NEXT BYTE YOU CHOOSE CAN ONLY BE FROM THE COLUMN OF THAT FIRST BYTE. This is the part I kept forgetting when I was learning how to solve these. Then when you select the second byte from that column, the next byte must be from the same row as that second byte, then the same column, then row, etc. 

It's confusing in just text form so here's an example of how you can easily solve the first sequence from the image above to make things easier...

So because the first sequence is 55 55 7A, it makes the most sense to start with one of the 55 bytes from the right side of that first row (both the 5th and 6th byte are 55.) However, after scanning both the 5th and 6th columns, since the next byte you enter must be from the corresponding column, you can already rule out the 6th byte because THERE IS NO OTHER 55 BYTE in that right most column. So looking through that 5th column again, we can see that there is another 55 byte in every single row of that column. That means that literally picking any byte from that column would get us 2/3rds of the way there since we'd have entered 55 55 by then. But again, after scanning the options of all the rows, we again see that there are many possible "correct" answers since the 7A byte can be found in many rows, like in the 4th byte of the 2nd row. So to solve for the sequence, we just have to pick the 5th byte of the 1st row (55), then the 2nd byte of the 5th column (55), and then the 4th byte of the 2nd row (7A). So you have a plan laid out in your head, now you just execute it by just entering those 3. Doing it this way you'll have already solved the first target sequence and it should light up green. Easy peasy, because that first sequence is always really easy to figure out.

Now for a tougher challenge, you can try to solve for the 2nd or 3rd sequence. In this case, the 3rd sequence is 55 E9 55. By using the same strategy as above, we know we can start with either the 5th or 6th byte, and scanning the 6th column we see that E9 is in the 2nd row. Then looking in the 2nd row, we see the 5th byte is 55 so you're tracing the same pattern as we did above, with the only difference being that you started one byte to the right this time. Again, mentally planned it out, executed it and the 3rd sequence lights up green because it's been solved. Easy again, at least with this example (in my experience, the 3rd sequence is usually a bit trickier than the first two.) To help you scan for where certain bytes are in the matrix, you can hover over one of the bytes in the target sequences, and all the corresponding bytes will be marked with squares like the 55 bytes are in this example. This is handy when trying to find which row or columns are viable options during planning.

Ok so why can this be so hard if it seems so easy so far? Well because to really step up the difficulty, you can try solving FOR ALL THREE sequences with only one buffer entry. As I said before, it's super tough when you first start out, but in this case, it's literally impossible as you would need a 6 byte buffer window when you only have 5. So the next best thing you can do is to try to solve for both the 1st and 3rd sequence. To do this, you'd "chain" two of them together. By that I mean you'd have to start with the 3rd sequence, and then immediately transition into the 1st sequence because the end of the 3rd sequence ends with the same byte that begins the 1st sequence (they'd both "share" the 55 byte which would we be in the middle of your buffer window.) So the final entered stream in the buffer window would need to look like 55 E9 55 55 7A. There are a couple ways to get that result, but using the same strategy from the 3rd sequence, you'd start with 6th byte in the 1st row, 2nd byte in the 6th column, 5th byte in the 2nd row. Now from here you need to enter 55 7A, and we'd be continuing from the 5th column which all have 55 bytes, so we need to scan the remaining rows for a 7A byte, of which there are many, so just picking the 1st row, we see the 7A in the 3rd byte. So to finish it off, we go for the 1st byte in the 5th row, then the 3rd byte in the 1st row, and we'd have the full sequence of 55 E9 55 55 7A. Once you enter that 7A byte, your buffer window is full, the breach ends immediately even if you have time remaining and both the 1st and 3rd target sequences light up green because they were both solved.

That's the best possible outcome for this particular example, but if you were wondering how to solve for the 2nd target sequence, you'd have to enter the following: E9 BD BD BD X (the last byte doesn't matter in this case.) To enter these, you'd start with E9 which is the 2nd byte in the 1st row and it serves no purpose other than to set up your sequence of BD's, so it's just "wasted" to try to get access to the BD bytes. Now they you've gained access to the 2nd column, you enter the BD which is the 6th byte in the 2nd column, and then the next BD is the 1st byte in the 6th row, and finally the last BD is in the 4th byte of the 1st column. Bam, you just solved the 2nd sequence. Unfortunately that's all you can get if you go for the 2nd sequence because you can't "share" any of the BD's with the other sequences.

TL/DR: It's seems tough at first but only superficially. It's far easier than something like a sudoku but just seems complex because of the layout and poor tutorials they give you in the game. I promise once you get the hang of it, you'll be killing them in no time. If you have any questions, let me know.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Had my first crash 15 seconds into my first time driving. 

Yeah the control of the car can take a little to get used to.....

6 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Yeah the control of the car can take a little to get used to.....

I meant the game crashed lol.

But then after that I rebooted and hit a pedestrian and cops were after me lmao. First Person view is SOOOO dumb!!!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I meant the game crashed lol.

But then after that I rebooted and hit a pedestrian and cops were after me lmao. First Person view is SOOOO dumb!!!

You do know that you can go into 3rd person view when driving right? When you're on a crotch rocket, it's one of the few times where you can see how your character looks in all those goofy clothes.

10 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

You do know that you can go into 3rd person view when driving right? When you're on a crotch rocket, it's one of the few times where you can see how your character looks in all those goofy clothes.

Yeah first person driving is awful. I do 3rd person all the time. Also the motorcycle driving is fun.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

I had to look it up too, because it's a more advanced version of the breach protocol and I thought I knew how that worked pretty well. The access points version throws extra sequences at you which is confusing as F at first, but it's still just a crude puzzle mini-game using random permutations to throw you off. Not sure I'm gonna do it justice, and you're probably better off watching a youtube of it or some ish, but here it goes anyway...

Cyberpunk 2077 Breach Protocol guide - Polygon

Ok so first things first, this is a time limited puzzle (top left red box) and every failure/exit will cause the subsequent attempts to have reduced time. Learned that the hard way when I kept exiting trying to get a more favorable puzzle only to realize solving it in 5 seconds is a wee bit trickier than 30 seconds.

The overall objective is to enter a string of bytes to match any of the target sequences. For details on how to do this, keep reading...

The buffer window (top right red box) shows what bytes (two-character alpha numeric hex codes) you are going to enter to solve the puzzle. You can't delete bytes, so once you enter them, they are locked in and you have to keep going. Not all of the bytes in the buffer window need to match the target sequence bytes. In the example given, the player has a 5 byte buffer window, so he can "waste" up to 2 bytes if he cares about solving just one of the 3 sequences, since they are all 3-byte sequences.

The target sequences (bottom right red box) show what codes you have to try to replicate when entering codes. I've only ever seen a max of three sequences and while it's technically possible to solve the puzzle for all 3 sequences, it requires either some very good luck, or more advanced perks/experience in breaching. For now at least, focus on solving just the first sequence on its own, and then maybe the second one  on its own you get the hang of it. As you get better at it, you can work on trying to solve the third on its own, or the first and second together, etc. Forget trying to nail all three, it's very difficult early on.

The code matrix window (bottom left red box) shows you a series of rows and columns of all the possible bytes to choose from. For now, ignore that some of the bytes have little squares around them. I'll get to that later but it's just a hint to try to help you  think of a plan of attack. I say that because while this is a timed puzzle, you have an unlimited amount of time to plan out how you're going to enter the bytes. I'll repeat that, you can take as much time as you need to think things through because the timer does not start until you enter your first byte.

Ok so now for the tricky part, the whole reason why you need to plan anything out at all, is because you can only enter bytes from the same row or column as the last byte you entered in an alternating fashion. If they let you just freely choose bytes to match the sequence, the puzzle wouldn't be a puzzle at all, it'd just be a dumb word search with numbers and letters. So the whole idea is that you have to find the most efficient pattern of bytes from alternating rows and columns to match the target sequences. You do this by starting with the first row and selecting one of the bytes to move on to the next column. The game always starts with the first row, so you have to think things through to figure out which byte from that row is the best option. Once you enter your first byte from the first row, THE NEXT BYTE YOU CHOOSE CAN ONLY BE FROM THE COLUMN OF THAT FIRST BYTE. This is the part I kept forgetting when I was learning how to solve these. Then when you select the second byte from that column, the next byte must be from the same row as that second byte, then the same column, then row, etc. 

It's confusing in just text form so here's an example of how you can easily solve the first sequence from the image above to make things easier...

So because the first sequence is 55 55 7A, it makes the most sense to start with one of the 55 bytes from the right side of that first row (both the 5th and 6th byte are 55.) However, after scanning both the 5th and 6th columns, since the next byte you enter must be from the corresponding column, you can already rule out the 6th byte because THERE IS NO OTHER 55 BYTE in that right most column. So looking through that 5th column again, we can see that there is another 55 byte in every single row of that column. That means that literally picking any byte from that column would get us 2/3rds of the way there since we'd have entered 55 55 by then. But again, after scanning the options of all the rows, we again see that there are many possible "correct" answers since the 7A byte can be found in many rows, like in the 4th byte of the 2nd row. So to solve for the sequence, we just have to pick the 5th byte of the 1st row (55), then the 2nd byte of the 5th column (55), and then the 4th byte of the 2nd row (7A). So you have a plan laid out in your head, now you just execute it by just entering those 3. Doing it this way you'll have already solved the first target sequence and it should light up green. Easy peasy, because that first sequence is always really easy to figure out.

Now for a tougher challenge, you can try to solve for the 2nd or 3rd sequence. In this case, the 3rd sequence is 55 E9 55. By using the same strategy as above, we know we can start with either the 5th or 6th byte, and scanning the 6th column we see that E9 is in the 2nd row. Then looking in the 2nd row, we see the 5th byte is 55 so you're tracing the same pattern as we did above, with the only difference being that you started one byte to the right this time. Again, mentally planned it out, executed it and the 3rd sequence lights up green because it's been solved. Easy again, at least with this example (in my experience, the 3rd sequence is usually a bit trickier than the first two.) To help you scan for where certain bytes are in the matrix, you can hover over one of the bytes in the target sequences, and all the corresponding bytes will be marked with squares like the 55 bytes are in this example. This is handy when trying to find which row or columns are viable options during planning.

Ok so why can this be so hard if it seems so easy so far? Well because to really step up the difficulty, you can try solving FOR ALL THREE sequences with only one buffer entry. As I said before, it's super tough when you first start out, but in this case, it's literally impossible as you would need a 6 byte buffer window when you only have 5. So the next best thing you can do is to try to solve for both the 1st and 3rd sequence. To do this, you'd "chain" two of them together. By that I mean you'd have to start with the 3rd sequence, and then immediately transition into the 1st sequence because the end of the 3rd sequence ends with the same byte that begins the 1st sequence (they'd both "share" the 55 byte which would we be in the middle of your buffer window.) So the final entered stream in the buffer window would need to look like 55 E9 55 55 7A. There are a couple ways to get that result, but using the same strategy from the 3rd sequence, you'd start with 6th byte in the 1st row, 2nd byte in the 6th column, 5th byte in the 2nd row. Now from here you need to enter 55 7A, and we'd be continuing from the 5th column which all have 55 bytes, so we need to scan the remaining rows for a 7A byte, of which there are many, so just picking the 1st row, we see the 7A in the 3rd byte. So to finish it off, we go for the 1st byte in the 5th row, then the 3rd byte in the 1st row, and we'd have the full sequence of 55 E9 55 55 7A. Once you enter that 7A byte, your buffer window is full, the breach ends immediately even if you have time remaining and both the 1st and 3rd target sequences light up green because they were both solved.

That's the best possible outcome for this particular example, but if you were wondering how to solve for the 2nd target sequence, you'd have to enter the following: E9 BD BD BD X (the last byte doesn't matter in this case.) To enter these, you'd start with E9 which is the 2nd byte in the 1st row and it serves no purpose other than to set up your sequence of BD's, so it's just "wasted" to try to get access to the BD bytes. Now they you've gained access to the 2nd column, you enter the BD which is the 6th byte in the 2nd column, and then the next BD is the 1st byte in the 6th row, and finally the last BD is in the 4th byte of the 1st column. Bam, you just solved the 2nd sequence. Unfortunately that's all you can get if you go for the 2nd sequence because you can't "share" any of the BD's with the other sequences.

TL/DR: It's seems tough at first but only superficially. It's far easier than something like a sudoku but just seems complex because of the layout and poor tutorials they give you in the game. I promise once you get the hang of it, you'll be killing them in no time. If you have any questions, let me know.

If you wrote this...I appreciate it...but holy shninkies man. This is the most complicated mini puzzle I've ever seen in a game. :lol: 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

how to switch that? Also, after my game crash and reboot, my inverted Y-axis camera was no longer enabled! 

Just now, opengeo said:

If you wrote this...I appreciate it...but holy shninkies man. This is the most complicated mini puzzle I've ever seen in a game. :lol: 

I did. Mostly expanded and clarified from an article on polygon that skipped some of the thought process behind it. But it's honestly not that complicated once you get it. The temples in BOTW had far more challenging puzzlers than this.

• Like 1