EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

Hurts is having a great year. I still don’t think we should sign him long term, but that will probably happen if we win at least one playoff game. 

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, pallidrone said:

Where in any of my posts did I say he had NO impact? I am saying that the offense flows through Kelce and has always been that way.

And you’d be wrong. Hill was targeted more than Kelce last year and beat him in every statistical category

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

JuJu had a 1426 and 7 year but shhh, it might hurt the fragile Dunning Kruger ego... just kidding, they can't adjust their thinking.

Juju is still pretty damn good. Anyone trying to make it seem like he sucks doesn't know what they're talking about.

3 hours ago, TorontoEagle said:

Wrong

Keep pushing whatever agenda you have against Hurts (since day 1, I might add) and the rest of us (that actually understand the game of football) will quietly continue to laugh at haters like yourself. 

10 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Yeah, these two guys are great WRs and make Mahomes look good

797C278A-506D-48D4-9A1D-F5D0658F7989.thumb.png.63cab4a6bd4ef8834098232a589976f7.pngEC5ED980-DBA9-4C58-AD17-B52D4CA242D4.thumb.png.7172e0655db121152577ce90f4e001df.png

If I am understanding you correctly, a receiver with a 1,400 yard season is bad as a number 2 option in an offense, and a receiver with a season of close to 700 yards and six TDs is bad as a #3 option. 

Just want to clarify what you are saying here. 

19 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I love analytics, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to pretend a 7 point game in the fourth quarter wasn’t a close game based on "win probability.”

Were you watching the game? We could run however we wanted on their defense. They knew it was coming and still couldn’t stop it. Of course there are always going to be fluky ways you can lose the game, but we absolutely dominated GB. 

47 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I think one of the reasons that some talking heads in the national media don’t want to give Hurts much credit is because it goes against their previous evaluation of him. The spent the entire offseason discrediting him and by admitting now that he’s actually good makes them appear silly. They can’t have that happen to their reputation so they just say that it’s the team that’s so good.

Take-lock and refusing to change your mind is just so bad.

3 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

There's no legitimate "pushback" on Hurts.  Zero. 

The few questioning his performance this year either have agendas of their own or some sort of other bias.  

It's that simple.

Yes, there is.  But there is also a lack of acknowledgement for the non-traditional QB strengths that make him valuable.

We throw in the red-zone less than other teams.  Why should we?  Our QB can run it in himself.  So Hurts is implicitly 'shorted' on TD passes.  AND his QB runs don't get the commensurate weight in the MVP discussion.  

Further the impact his presence on the field has on the running game is also discounted.  The notion that this offense would work the same with Minshew is foolish. 

3 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

And you’d be wrong. Hill was targeted more than Kelce last year and beat him in every statistical category

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/13/tyreek-hill-says-he-wanted-out-of-kansas-city-over-lack-of-targets/

Tyreek Hill says he wanted out of Kansas City over lack of targets

Posted by Mike Florio on December 13, 2022, 1:13 PM EST

Receiver Tyreek Hill is having a great first season with the Dolphins. It’s happening because, in Hill’s mind, he had a disappointing final season with the Chiefs.

Appearing on Club Shay Shay with Shannon Sharpe, Hill suggested that he soured on Kansas City during the 2021 season, due to a lack of footballs thrown his way.

"It got like that probably like middle of last season,” Hill said regarding when he realized he may not finish his career with the Chiefs. "I’m the type of guy, like, I love playing ball and I love being by the team, because football is a team sport, right? And it would be some games where, like, I’d get two targets, I’d get three targets. And we’d go into meetings and my coach would be like, ‘We’ve got to get you involved, we’ve got to get you involved.'”

Hill said that he eventually contacted his agent and said, "Bro, I’ve got to get out of here.”

While Hill did indeed have one game with two targets and another with three (both were very late in the season, not in the middle of it), here’s the full list of Hill’s regular-season targets, for each 2021 game: 15, 4, 7, 12, 13, 12, 9, 18, 11, 10, 5, 4, 13, 2, 10, 3. He ended the season with a career high of 159 targets, by more than 20.

Our guess has always been that Hill didn’t like being second fiddle to Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kielce, and/or that Hill looked at what Cooper Kupp was doing last year and thought it could/should/would be him, if he were on another team.

Hill may still get a chance to show the Chiefs what they’re missing. The Dolphins and Chiefs could cross paths in the postseason.

"They’d better have two people on me, that’s all I know,” Hill said of a possible playoff game against the Chiefs. "The Cheetah will be arriving.”

The question is whether the Cheetah will be leaving with a win. Taking his beef public as he has won’t make the Chiefs any less motivated to send him back to Miami, and not on to the next round of the tournament.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep, it was all about Hill.

Watch the highlights of the KC and Buffalo losses and notice the major screw ups of their excellent QBs. (mostly badly timed interceptions)

They are both still on HoF career trajectories but they are not as good as Jalen Hurts in the 2022 regular season where this award is judged and granted.

Now take a look at Hurts' only loss. I think he got picked on 1 early 40/60 deep ball (bad decision)?  (Goedert facemask BS, Watkins drop, pathetic roughing the passer, etc etc)

To watch every Eagles game and not think you are seeing the league MVP at QB takes some staggering denial coping mechanisms.

1 minute ago, jsb235 said:

If I am understanding you correctly, a receiver with a 1,400 yard season is bad as a number 2 option in an offense, and a receiver with a season of close to 700 yards and six TDs is bad as a #3 option. 

Just want to clarify what you are saying here. 

Juju had 1400 yards in 2018!!! His next best year since then was 831 yards. 

And Scantling is basically Quez Watkins. 

AJ/Smith/Goedert >>>>> Juju/MVS/Kelce

Nevermind adding in our run game

4 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

A lot of those win probability charts factor in point spreads, so they may not be purely based on statistical probability alone. 

For example, the one listed on Yahoo shows the Chiefs having a 79% win probability against Denver right after the game started. If it were based solely on statistical probability alone, it would have been 50/50.

That makes sense, but this example is pretty funny.

E41F2030-8ADF-43AE-B89B-979CC67DA6F5.png

37 minutes ago, mattwill said:

You seem to assume the Vikings will beat the Giants.  I believe that is assuming too much.

It's not a prime time game, so Kirk Cousins will feast on the Giants D.

2 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/13/tyreek-hill-says-he-wanted-out-of-kansas-city-over-lack-of-targets/

Receiver Tyreek Hill is having a great first season with the Dolphins. It’s happening because, in Hill’s mind, he had a disappointing final season with the Chiefs.

Appearing on Club Shay Shay with Shannon Sharpe, Hill suggested that he soured on Kansas City during the 2021 season, due to a lack of footballs thrown his way.

"It got like that probably like middle of last season,” Hill said regarding when he realized he may not finish his career with the Chiefs. "I’m the type of guy, like, I love playing ball and I love being by the team, because football is a team sport, right? And it would be some games where, like, I’d get two targets, I’d get three targets. And we’d go into meetings and my coach would be like, ‘We’ve got to get you involved, we’ve got to get you involved.'”

Hill said that he eventually contacted his agent and said, "Bro, I’ve got to get out of here.”

While Hill did indeed have one game with two targets and another with three (both were very late in the season, not in the middle of it), here’s the full list of Hill’s regular-season targets, for each 2021 game: 15, 4, 7, 12, 13, 12, 9, 18, 11, 10, 5, 4, 13, 2, 10, 3. He ended the season with a career high of 159 targets, by more than 20.

Our guess has always been that Hill didn’t like being second fiddle to Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kielce, and/or that Hill looked at what Cooper Kupp was doing last year and thought it could/should/would be him, if he were on another team.

Hill may still get a chance to show the Chiefs what they’re missing. The Dolphins and Chiefs could cross paths in the postseason.

"They’d better have two people on me, that’s all I know,” Hill said of a possible playoff game against the Chiefs. "The Cheetah will be arriving.”

The question is whether the Cheetah will be leaving with a win. Taking his beef public as he has won’t make the Chiefs any less motivated to send him back to Miami, and not on to the next round of the tournament.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does Tyreek Hill strike you as a smart man?

12 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Save this for the actual vote. Hurts is the clear and obvious MVP right now to anyone without a staggeringly pathetic bias.

Vegas betting lines say so but what does Vegas know compared to a troll bro on a message board?

Nope

4 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

Were you watching the game? We could run however we wanted on their defense. They knew it was coming and still couldn’t stop it. Of course there are always going to be fluky ways you can lose the game, but we absolutely dominated GB. 

Yet it was a 7 point game midway through the fourth quarter. Credit to us for not making any mistakes and salting the game away. 

Let’s not pretend that game wasn’t in doubt at all. 

9 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

There have only been two games, Arizona and Indy, where our opponent had the ball late in the fourth quarter with an opportunity to take the lead.  

Jacksonville was 8 points behind.

In the other one-score wins, Detroit and GB, they never saw the ball after making it close at the end of the game.

Yeah, we’re really good at salting games away. That’s not the point. 

Should I go to Dallas Xmas eve? I keep going back and forth on it. It would throw a bit of a wrench in Xmas plans but what a game to be at.

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

That makes sense, but this example is pretty funny.

E41F2030-8ADF-43AE-B89B-979CC67DA6F5.png

Yeah you will see a lot noisy (and frankly silly) charts like that because of the fact that they utilize public sentiment. 

Just now, TorontoEagle said:

Does Tyreek Hill strike you as a smart man?

Omg really? That is where you are going now? 

If you want to continue down this delusional path, and if that makes you feel better, then so be it. You do you.

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Yeah, we’re really good at salting games away. That’s not the point. 

It may not be 'your' point.  I still like my point.

5 minutes ago, RLC said:

We really live rent-free in their heads. They should worry more about the Jags.

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

Tyreek Hill got 159 targets last season.  Don't believe everything people say.  The ONLY reason he left Kansas City was:

See the source image

Archived