EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

"There's just no way he's more valuable to his team than (Patrick) Mahomes, (Joe) Burrow, or (Josh) Allen. No way," Simms said.

Not only would Hurts not receive an MVP vote from Simms, but he also thinks the Eagles' machine would keep rolling undeterred without him. 

"If you put Gardner Minshew in, the Eagles, they'd still be really damn good, I'm sorry," Simms said.

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

"There's just no way he's more valuable to his team than (Patrick) Mahomes, (Joe) Burrow, or (Josh) Allen. No way," Simms said.

Not only would Hurts not receive an MVP vote from Simms, but he also thinks the Eagles' machine would keep rolling undeterred without him. 

"If you put Gardner Minshew in, the Eagles, they'd still be really damn good, I'm sorry," Simms said.

Simms is an idiot.

5 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

:roll:

21 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Every week people seem scared. Scared of Henry running wild on us, scared of the Cowboys, scared of green bays run game….the eagles are so good that people are just looking for something to cling to it seems.

I don’t think the niners are all that good. A good defense sure, but I like our O against them. And I sure as hell like out D against their O. Same with Dallas. 

Scared of Houston, scared of NY, scared of Indy, scared of Tennessee, scared of 49ers, many have assumed we split with Dallas which means we are losing that one.  There's been talk of how tough Chicago looks with Fields playing like he has.  It's literally every frigging week someone new.  Our opponent or some other fad team. Someone already talking about getting scared of Detroit all over again. 

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

Scared of Houston, scared of NY, scared of Indy, scared of Tennessee, scared of 49ers, many have assumed we split with Dallas which means we are losing that one.  There's been talk of how tough Chicago looks with Fields playing like he has.  It's literally every frigging week someone new.  Our opponent or some other fad team. Someone already talking about getting scared of Detroit all over again. 

Who was scared of any of the first few teams?

2 minutes ago, Swoop said:

2 minutes ago, Swoop said:

I'm not DUM. I don't keep notes.  It's probably the same people all year.  But there's always numerous posts about how dangerous those other teams are and how they can beat us.

Should have added Jacksonville to that list too.

Don't know how some of you haven't noticed this defeatist attitude all season long.

i think this weeks game could be close until the 2nd half and then the eagles will pull away. 

then i say the eagles curb stomp the cowboys on xmas eve. 

4 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I don't know where these clowns keep coming from.  Have they actually watched the Eagles play or are they just making up stuff based on stats and team records?

Jalen runs the ball really well and that adds a dimension to this offense.  He also does not turn the ball over that often and that also adds a dimension to the offense.  You're telling me this team is 12-1 with Minshew?

1 minute ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i think this weeks game could be close until the 2nd half and then the eagles will pull away. 

then i say the eagles curb stomp the cowboys on xmas eve. 

I actually think the Cowboys game may be a statement game for the Eagles.  Secondary gets an INT, defensive line gets after Dak with whatever is left of Jason Peters starting.  Jalen gets to show Micah up and close why he's the MVP.

1 minute ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

I don't know where these clowns keep coming from.  Have they actually watched the Eagles play or are they just making up stuff based on stats and team records?

Jalen runs the ball really well and that adds a dimension to this offense.  He also does not turn the ball over that often and that also adds a dimension to the offense.  You're telling me this team is 12-1 with Minshew?

I agree with the first part of Simms statement, but yeah Minshew doesn’t have this team at 12-1

i don't care what these talking CTE heads think and i dont give two Fs about the mvp. there's only one piece of hardware that matters. 

I guess the other thing about Simms comment is, it’s likely that we’re still a playoff team with Minshew. Prob not the number one seed, maybe not even the division leader.

Cincy, Buff and KC likely don’t sniff the playoffs without their starting QBs

35 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I think he’s looking too much into what he wants the award to be and not the voting tendencies toward it. We’re reducing Hurts’ MVP chances because the Eagles have a good backup QB. If we had a worse backup, it would improve Hurts’ MVP chances despite having the same season?

Do we rethink Kurt Warner’s 1999 award because he was on one of the most loaded offenses in NFL history and Trent Green could have gotten 11-13 wins as well had he not gotten injured? Should Warner be docked for that?

Or the argument that Mahomes would make Philly better than Hurts does. So would Rodgers, should we put Rodgers ahead of Hurts in MVP voting? It’s never been a best player award, otherwise Peyton would have 10 of them.

Mahomes isn’t playing as well without Tyreek. But he’s still playing really well overall, so we give him extra credit for stuff that he isn’t doing? I also don’t think they put a lot of stock into moral victories.

Matt Ryan won the award in 2016 because he had a phenomenal year. He led the best offense in the league, he was first team all-pro, and he led his team to a superior regular season than New England. He’s not better than Brady, and it was arguably less impressive because of what Brady had to work with and the tremendous run game Shanahan had going that kept 7 in the box all game. But even still, Ryan was the clear choice.

That other stuff has never been what the award is. Who is playing the best, who is putting their team in the best position to succeed, who does the narrative favor? If the answer to all of those to you is Mahomes, then it’s Mahomes. Their candidacy shouldn’t be built on excuses, but their play.

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I'm not DUM. I don't keep notes.  It's probably the same people all year.  But there's always numerous posts about how dangerous those other teams are and how they can beat us.

Should have added Jacksonville to that list too.

Don't know how some of you haven't noticed this defeatist attitude all season long.

It's the NFL.  Any team can beat any other team if one team decides to mail it in that day.  Happens every year... happens almost every week.  Upsets happen... and often.  Not sure why voicing concern that the Eagles need to play well against Team X in order to win, or Team X could win against the Eagles if... automatically turns to fear.   There's a reason that only one team has ever gone through an entire season undefeated.  

The post you quoted to complain about folks being scared of other teams even included the prediction that he thought the Eagles would beat them.   No fear, just an acknowledgement that that team is the only other team that he saw as a viable contender to represent the NFC in the SB.  

2 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

I think he’s looking too much into the name of the award and not the voting tendencies toward it. We’re reducing Hurts’ MVP chances because the Eagles have a good backup QB?

Do we rethink Kurt Warner’s 1999 award because he was on one of the most loaded offenses in NFL history and Trent Green could have gotten 11-13 wins as well had he not gotten injured? Should Warner be docked for that?

Or the argument that Mahomes would make Philly better than Hurts does. So would Rodgers, should we put Rodgers ahead of Hurts in MVP voting?

That kind of stuff has never been what the award is.

Mahomes is the only guy this year that has a stronger MVP case than Hurts. He has better overall stats, with a far weaker supporting cast. But it’s a close race between them 

21 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Simms is an idiot.

Always has been.

5 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

I guess the other thing about Simms comment is, it’s likely that we’re still a playoff team with Minshew. Prob not the number one seed, maybe not even the division leader.

Cincy, Buff and KC likely don’t sniff the playoffs without their starting QBs

All 3 are better players than Hurts at this point in their careers but this season Hurts would be the MVP.

The award doesn’t go to the best player it goes to the most valuable. And Hurts would be that guy if the season ended today. 

Case in point, Kobe Bryant was the best player in the NBA for a 6-10 year period. He has 1 "mvp”. During that time Steve Nash won 2. While a terrific player I’m confident in saying 99% of the population believed Bryant was a better player. 

10 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Mahomes is the only guy this year that has a stronger MVP case than Hurts. He has better overall stats, with a far weaker supporting cast. But it’s a close race between them 

I agree it’s close and it’s one or the other. But in my opinion while the difference in total stats is small, the difference in turnovers is huge. 

30 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I think that everyone just assumes that Hurts is the same player he was last year and that the team itself is hiding his former self. They do not realize or even understand the massive leap he made in his game.

I also believe that the Eagles just demolishing teams (Just the last two weeks, the starting lineup has barely played in the 4th quarter) actually damages Hurts chances. 

At this point, he is deserving of the MVP, regards of what the flappy heads say.

I think one of the reasons that some talking heads in the national media don’t want to give Hurts much credit is because it goes against their previous evaluation of him. The spent the entire offseason discrediting him and by admitting now that he’s actually good makes them appear silly. They can’t have that happen to their reputation so they just say that it’s the team that’s so good.

Just now, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I think one of the reasons that some talking heads in the national media don’t want to give Hurts much credit is because it goes against their previous evaluation of him. The spent the entire offseason discrediting him and by admitting now that he’s actually good makes them appear silly. They can’t have that happen to their reputation so they just say that it’s the team that’s so good.

I think that's fair. Some people (Sims) doesn't want to admit that he was so so wrong on Hurts. So now he's got to take away a little credit from Hurts to save a little face. Thing is it just makes him look even more stupid. 

42 minutes ago, Swoop said:

I think framing it as "scared" is a bit of a hyperbole, but there were concerns from various people here over those teams now having "the blueprint" in how to beat us following our loss to Wash. 

Those teams all had really good ball carriers so I guess they thought they'd be most able to take advantage of our weakness. A weakness that they believed was somewhat unknown until then, apparently. I didn't agree with those concerns, but you can definitely find evidence of them from the moment that 1 replaced the 0 in the loss column.

3 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

I think framing it as "scared" is a bit of a hyperbole, but there were concerns from various people here over those teams now having "the blueprint" to hour to beat us following our loss to Wash. 

Those teams all had really good ball carriers so I guess they thought they'd be most able to take advantage of our weakness. A weakness that they believed was somewhat unknown until then, apparently. I didn't agree with those concerns, but you can definitely find evidence of them from the moment that 1 replaced the 0 in the loss column.

correct. blog will argue semantics. you know what I mean. 

2 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

I think framing it as "scared" is a bit of a hyperbole, but there were concerns from various people here over those teams now having "the blueprint" to hour to beat us following our loss to Wash. 

To be fair, the blue print no longer exists because we added two quality run defenders in Suh and Joseph and Gannon smartly added more run blitzes after letting Houston’s only good player help them keep the game close into the second half. 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

To be fair, the blue print no longer exists because we added two quality run defenders in Suh and Joseph and Gannon smartly added more run blitzes after letting Houston’s only good player help them keep the game close into the second half. 

exactly. But they were afraid of Jacksonville before they realized there was a blue print. And now that that blueprint had to be ripped up, theyre still scared of SF anyway. They find someone new every week. We must be a bottom half of the league team with how many teams are out there that we dont want to face.

Archived