EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

4 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Lockett must have the lowest catch:get actually tackled ratio in history 

Maclin might have him beat 

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t think that’s a catch. But I’m guessing they stick with the ruling on the field. 

I know the SF d-line is having their way up front, but with how Smith has been standing back there staring at the rush, you'd think he has zero mobility.

Frankly SF should’ve just taken the penalty over the timeout. They’d have lost like a an inch or two 

49ers are 2 blown coverages away from being in jeopardy here. Their offense has completely fallen off this half.

Felt way too easy for seattle. Seahawks have a shot if they can get a stop here. 

49ers have the best defense in the league but we also have one of the best defenses in the league.  Just not as good as theirs.  But our offense is far superior to theirs.  They are definitely going to be the ultimate test for our offense but I think we can do well against them.  Only proper for the best offense and defense in the league to face each other in the post season.  I think Dallas is right up there with the 49ers and us as the best defenses in the league and we were slicing them no issue until Lane went out and then we sputtered around until the final closeout clock draining long touchdown drive by just running right through them

If we get through this season and finish it off with a Super Bowl win I think at that point not only does Kelce obviously go into the Hall of Fame but I think Lane starts to very much enter the conversation and that might inspire him to play a few more years.    

where he starts his slide, fortunate he stuck the ball out when he began to slide. 

Give me the 49ers in the NFC Championship Game.  I want to see it.  I think this team can go down as one of the all time great teams if they finish this out and win the Super Bowl.  Taking down the #1 defense in the NFC Championship Game will only add to that claim before taking down Mahomes, Allen or Burrow in the Super Bowl.  

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Seattle is falling apart, but that’s man impressive win on a short week in a tough stadium to play in. 

Doesn’t get any easier for them. They play at KC next week. Then home against the jets who always play tough. 

1 hour ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Only a matter of time before Geno came back down to earth

Will be fascinating to see what Seattle does at QB.  They have that Broncos pick at the top of the draft but I think they go defense with that.  Tag Geno and draft a QB with either first in the mid round or in the 2nd or 3rd.  

Would be cool to see NFC East be the first division to send every team to the playoffs in a season.  Also would much rather the Giants enter the field than the Lions.  

Detroit would actually worry me if they got in based on their play lately. They’d be a dangerous wildcard team. 

The difference in potential path to the SB between being the 2 seed in the afc and nfc is pretty stark difference in QBs you’d play. Hypothetically if the chargers get the 7 seed if you are the chiefs could have to go through herbert, burrow and Allen. If it’s the bills it could be Herbert, burrow and mahomes. If bengals could be herbert, Allen and mahomes. Meanwhile if Minnesota is the 2 they potentially go through Goff/jones/heinicke, purdy and finally they’d face Hurts who’s playing in the same tier as mahomes (Dak but i don’t think Dallas wins in Philly) 

12 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The difference in potential path to the SB between being the 2 seed in the afc and nfc is pretty stark difference in QBs you’d play. Hypothetically if the chargers get the 7 seed if you are the chiefs could have to go through herbert, burrow and Allen. If it’s the bills it could be Herbert, burrow and mahomes. If bengals could be herbert, Allen and mahomes. Meanwhile if Minnesota is the 2 they potentially go through Goff/jones/heinicke, purdy and finally they’d face Hurts (Dak but i don’t think Dallas wins in Philly) 

Eagles faced an end of prime Matt Ryan and Case Keenum before taking down the GOATS BB and Tom Brady in the Super Bowl.  While the 2022 Eagles might make their path look easy on the way to the Super Bowl they will also make it look easy in the Super Bowl no matter who they play from the AFC if they are able to stay relatively healthy.  When it is all said and done I think this years team gets look at historically as one of the all time great teams in league history.  I think they win by 10+ points every game they play in the postseason including the Super Bowl.  

14 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The difference in potential path to the SB between being the 2 seed in the afc and nfc is pretty stark difference in QBs you’d play. Hypothetically if the chargers get the 7 seed if you are the chiefs could have to go through herbert, burrow and Allen. If it’s the bills it could be Herbert, burrow and mahomes. If bengals could be herbert, Allen and mahomes. Meanwhile if Minnesota is the 2 they potentially go through Goff/jones/heinicke, purdy and finally they’d face Hurts (Dak but i don’t think Dallas wins in Philly) 

Hurts’ counterpart for us could be Heineke/Darnold, then Purdy/Cousins. Or conversely Prescott then Brady. Pretty big swing in potential

4 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Hurts’ counterpart for us could be Heineke/Darnold, then Purdy/Cousins. Or conversely Prescott then Brady. Pretty big swing in potential

Unless Dallas falls to the 6-7 seed they are facing the nfc South winner as the 5 seed. So Dak is gonna face darnold or brady. So eagles if they get the 1 seed are getting either brady or Dak in The divisional round unless 6 or 7 seed pulls an upset. If the eagles don’t win the division then theyre the 5 seed and it’s a chance at brady in WC then Dak in the divisional round (thinking it’s eagles or Dallas as the 1. Likely the eagles). 

49ers play Redskins in Santa Clara in week week.  That is also most likely going to be the wild card matchup.  Will be interesting to see how that game plays out.  Might benefit the Redskins to play the 49ers twice like it did playing us after we handled them the first time.

5 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

49ers play Redskins in Santa Clara in week week.  That is also most likely going to be the wild card matchup.  Will be interesting to see how that game plays out.  Might benefit the Redskins to play the 49ers twice like it did playing us after we handled them the first time.

Just pointing out if the niners win out (Washington, Vegas and cardinals) and the Vikings lose a game to colts, giants, packers or bears then the niners get the 2 seed in the nfc cause their nfc conference record would be better than the Vikings. Currently Sf is 8-2 in conference and Vikings 6-3. Also good chance niners go 6-0 in their division as cardinals are a dumpster fire (currently 5-0)

Archived