EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Yes, there is.  But there is also a lack of acknowledgement for the non-traditional QB strengths that make him valuable.

We throw in the red-zone less than other teams.  Why should we?  Our QB can run it in himself.  So Hurts is implicitly 'shorted' on TD passes.  AND his QB runs don't get the commensurate weight in the MVP discussion.  

Further the impact his presence on the field has on the running game is also discounted.  The notion that this offense would work the same with Minshew is foolish. 

That’s why I followed it up with "the people that understand football” for the exact reasons you’re stating here.  

Some fans are stuck on the prototypical pocket passer and don’t seem to realize that the league has evolved.

Yes, if you look at history, the majority of championships have been won by your prototypical pocket passers. Tom Brady (best QB of all time) is a prototypical pocket passer.  So I get the bias there.  But the league has and is continuing to evolve and QB’s that have mobility are what most of the top teams target as a "franchise QB”. Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Jackson and Hurts are the future of the NFL and the odds are that they (that style of QB) will be the ones (mostly) winning the championships in the foreseeable future.

And who knows, maybe in 5, years; 10 years etc the league could evolve back to the "statue” type of QB but as of now, doesn’t look that way.

As long as Philadelphia holds this lead, they will be the first team since 2015 to be multiple wins above the second best overall record

6 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Lol no they don't. They're ranked 28th in pass blocking by PFF. Garrett and Clowney had 6 pressures each in their last game. They're a bad pass blocking unit and just ok at run blocking. 

Burrow is clearly behind Mahomes and Hurts right now in MVP voting, but imo Burrow is #3 and rising. Doubt he catches up at this stage short of a meltdown by Hurts and Mahomes though. 

So one of the best end combos in the league got him 5 times? This is your proof?

Now we have 13 in 2 weeks, 5 in your example ... and 17 sacks in the other 10 games. That's a damn solid job in those 10 games. Want to guess Burrows; passer rating in those 10?

He has 16 TDs to 4 picks in the less pressure games and 5 to 5 in the 3 sack fest games. So is the line responsible for all of it or none of it or only what works for your narrative?

Getting blown up in 3 games will mess up your pass block rate, just like murdering New Orleans and Atlanta will boost the hell out of your passer rating.

The Eagles line gives up 3.7 sacks per game in 7 of their games and 1.7 in the other 6. Do we say 34 in 13 at 2.6 per game or are we trying to sell something?

5 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

Omg really? That is where you are going now? 

If you want to continue down this delusional path, and if that makes you feel better, then so be it. You do you.

159 targets last year. More than Kelce. So last year, the offense didn’t "run through Kelce”

58 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

I think framing it as "scared" is a bit of a hyperbole, but there were concerns from various people here over those teams now having "the blueprint" in how to beat us following our loss to Wash. 

Those teams all had really good ball carriers so I guess they thought they'd be most able to take advantage of our weakness. A weakness that they believed was somewhat unknown until then, apparently. I didn't agree with those concerns, but you can definitely find evidence of them from the moment that 1 replaced the 0 in the loss column.

Eagles must have been scared too then.. because they went out and signed not one but two DTs to sure up a weakness.

But, its really not about fear, but analyzing where a team would have a mismatch against us.  All coaches of other teams will be looking for chinks in the armor as well.   Eagles' coaches will also.  And if they don't believe the Eagles are invincible, why should the fans?  

8 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Yeah you will see a lot noisy (and frankly silly) charts like that because of the fact that they utilize public sentiment. 

I think that’s more of a probability thing. A team leading by multiple TDs with 6 minutes left against an opponent who has yet to reach the endzone is highly improbable to lose that game.

26 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

JuJu had a 1426 and 7 year but shhh, it might hurt the fragile Dunning Kruger ego... just kidding, they can't adjust their thinking.

You may as well quote stats from the 2015 Rams. It’s just about as long ago as Juju’s 1400 yard season

9 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

That’s why I followed it up with "the people that understand football” for the exact reasons you’re stating here.  

Some fans are stuck on the prototypical pocket passer and don’t seem to realize that the league has evolved.

Yes, if you look at history, the majority of championships have been won by your prototypical pocket passers. Tom Brady (best QB of all time) is a prototypical pocket passer.  So I get the bias there.  But the league has and is continuing to evolve and QB’s that have mobility are what most of the top teams target as a "franchise QB”. Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Jackson and Hurts are the future of the NFL and the odds are that they (that style of QB) will be the ones (mostly) winning the championships in the foreseeable future.

And who knows, maybe in 5, years; 10 years etc the league could evolve back to the "statue” type of QB but as of now, doesn’t look that way.

Ah yes, Ace Nova the great and powerful and all knowing football guru. Get a grip

5 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

I think that’s more of a probability thing. A team leading by multiple TDs with 6 minutes left against an opponent who has yet to reach the endzone is highly improbable to lose that game.

I think they have a word for this…

The 3 games that Cincy's line got blasted were vs

• TJ Watt - 74.5 sacks in 83 games
  • Micah Parsons - 25 sacks in 29 games
  • Myles Garrett - 70.5 sacks in 80 games

I have no idea how such scrubs could pressure any offensive line. Its probably just lack of O-line talent. Weird how they played much better the other 10 games though

14 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Who the F names their kid "Tad"?

His siblings are Jace and Rayne Dakota. Either the father really likes adult stars or the mother wanted to start winning at scrabble.

5 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

In the end, the direction NFL franchises go will be dictated by winning championships.  It's a copycat league, so to speak.

The only true "dual threat" QB to win a Super Bowl was Russell Wilson in 2013, and that was greatly aided by an elite defense.  Hurts will hopefully have an opportunity to win a Super Bowl this season (maybe against Josh Allen -- another dual threat QB), but until these QBs begin winning the Super Bowl with regularity, there will still be many organizations that prefer the prototypical pocket QB -- who also provides "some" ability to run, such as Mahomes, Herbert, Rodgers, etc.

23 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Juju had 1400 yards in 2018!!! His next best year since then was 831 yards. 

And Scantling is basically Quez Watkins. 

AJ/Smith/Goedert >>>>> Juju/MVS/Kelce

Nevermind adding in our run game

Juju is a good WR but bring up 2018 like that’s not the outlier year in his 6 year career. He’s on pace for his second best year of his career at 1016 yards and 4 tds. Just for reference Hill’s average if they played 17 game seasons over his last 5 years in KC would be 1368 yards and 11 tds. That’s about 350 yards and 7tds and not including the his speed element or even when they run him at times. 

Juju is still good. He was a nice addition considering they lost hill but acting like it isn’t a significant downgrade from Hill because of 2018 is laughable. Be like if we traded aj brown and got juju but said it wasn’t a downgrade cause of juju’s 2018  

Also, on Tyreek Hill’s targets, he was the 7th most targeted player in the NFL in 2021. He had more targets than kelce by 25. This was he saw what kupp did with Stafford in 2021, accolades kupp got (as well as winning a SB) and he wanted that. Also he wanted a boatload of money and Miami has no state tax. And he wanted to live in Miami 

11 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

So one of the best end combos in the league got him 5 times? This is your proof?

Now we have 13 in 2 weeks, 5 in your example ... and 17 sacks in the other 10 games. That's a damn solid job in those 10 games. Want to guess Burrows; passer rating in those 10?

He has 16 TDs to 4 picks in the less pressure games and 5 to 5 in the 3 sack fest games. So is the line responsible for all of it or none of it or only what works for your narrative?

Getting blown up in 3 games will mess up your pass block rate, just like murdering New Orleans and Atlanta will boost the hell out of your passer rating.

The Eagles line gives up 3.7 sacks per game in 7 of their games and 1.7 in the other 6. Do we say 34 in 13 at 2.6 per game or are we trying to sell something?

6 pressures, each. That's 12 times numbnuts. I don't care who it's against that's pathetic. Who's trying to sell a narrative here by switching my argument back to sacks?

And that was an example because it was their most recent game. I also put up the full year PFF grade too but you seem to want to just brush past that part. 

And yes bad games hurt your overall rating. That's how statistics work. And no it doesn't somehow not matter if you're going against good pass rushers. Good lines find a way to minimize the damage those guys do (see the Eagles and Parsons). Bad lines can't. 

They're a below average OL and an objectively bad pass blocking OL. Period. 

12 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

As long as Philadelphia holds this lead, they will be the first team since 2015 to be multiple wins above the second best overall record

2015 you say??BEC9EEB3-DFB8-465E-A8A4-07241269702B.gif.0b74627d804e301d32d98a5bf06da4fb.gif

6 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

His siblings are Jace and Rayne Dakota. Either the father really likes adult stars or the mother wanted to start winning at scrabble.

That's almost as bad as naming your son Stetson 

53 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

I can’t see Jets winning that game with Wilson at Qb. Frankly they might be better off playing Flacco than Wilson. And that’s saying a lot cause i don’t think Flacco is good either. 

21 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Tyreek Hill got 159 targets last season.  Don't believe everything people say.  The ONLY reason he left Kansas City was:

See the source image

He said in the interview that he wanted more guaranteed money and Dolphins offered more...

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

He said in the interview that he wanted more guaranteed money and Dolphins offered more...

Yeah his decision came with 3 things imo

1. Guaranteed Money and a lot of it. He wanted a boatload of it as he felt he deserved it. 

2. He saw kupp get all these accolades when he was the target leader last year and he thinks he’s better than kupp and could put those numbers up if he got the extra 40+ targets kupp got over him in 2021

3. He wanted to be in a bigger city like Miami or NY 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yeah his decision came with 3 things imo

1. Guaranteed Money and a lot of it. He wanted a boatload of it as he felt he deserved it. 

2. He saw kupp get all these accolades when he was the target leader last year and he thinks he’s better than kupp and could put those numbers up if he got the extra 40+ targets kupp got over him in 2021

3. He wanted to be in a bigger city like Miami or NY 

I was just commenting about the post saying Hill said it was about more targets and not money. He did mention money was a big thing in the interview 

Just now, Mike030270 said:

I was just commenting about the post saying Hill said it was about more targets and not money. He did mention money was a big thing in the interview 

I know you were. Imo there were 3 main reasons he did it. 2 he mentioned in the interview (money and targets). Third was definitely wanting to be in a city like ny or Miami. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I know you were. Imo there were 3 main reasons he did it. 2 he mentioned in the interview (money and targets). Third was definitely wanting to be in a city like ny or Miami. 

Yup. He said the weather and no state taxes was hard to pass up lol

Archived