EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Just pointing out if the niners win out (Washington, Vegas and cardinals) and the Vikings lose a game to colts, giants, packers or bears then the niners get the 2 seed in the nfc cause their nfc conference record would be better than the Vikings. Currently Sf is 8-2 in conference and Vikings 6-3 

That actually seems at least 40% possible.  That would shake things up for sure.  Lions @ 49ers could be a really fun game with that Lions offense going against that 49ers defense.  Washington rematch in Minnesota.  Washington almost won that game.  I think Minnesota wins but who knows it is Kirk Cousins and Minnesota.  Either way should be some good playoff matchups still in the NFC this year.  

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

Detroit would actually worry me if they got in based on their play lately. They’d be a dangerous wildcard team. 

Goff still sucks. He's still the guy who got his ass kicked by Utah his senior year under pressure. 

I give San Fran props for wining the Division with 3 separate QB's (including 2 young QB's). Seattle is in trouble as the wild card race is really tight.   Lions have to pretty much win out to sneak in.  GMen and Washington are both in pretty good spots with that tie.  Eagles don't have to scoreboard watch, they have to take care of their business against the Bears and then Boys.   2 Wins to clinch everything.   But the Eagles won't have to face 49ers in the #1 Seed spot unless it's the NFC Title game.   It's wild but the Birds are really just 5 Wins away from a Super Bowl Championship (2 to clinch everything and 3 Playoff wins.   Technically 7 games away).

15 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

I give San Fran props for wining the Division with 3 separate QB's (including 2 young QB's). Seattle is in trouble as the wild card race is really tight.   Lions have to pretty much win out to sneak in.  GMen and Washington are both in pretty good spots with that tie.  Eagles don't have to scoreboard watch, they have to take care of their business against the Bears and then Boys.   2 Wins to clinch everything.   But the Eagles won't have to face 49ers in the #1 Seed spot unless it's the NFC Title game.   It's wild but the Birds are really just 5 Wins away from a Super Bowl Championship (2 to clinch everything and 3 Playoff wins.   Technically 7 games away).

Tbh the giants schedule is brutal.  They really have to beat Washington and the colts to get in. Or win one of those and hope the eagles clinch homefield before week 17 so we don’t play everyone the entire game. They are at Washington, at Minnesota, vs. colts and at eagles. Imo they could easily lose all 4. If they beat Washington and beat the colts then i think they likely get in at 9-7-1.

The Seahawks are at KC, vs. jets and vs. rams. The jets game might be the difference between making and missing the playoffs. Losing Lockett is pretty big. Jets are top 4 against the pass and 6th ppg allowed. I’d argue he’s their most valuable weapon on that team. If he doesn’t play that jets game, makes the matchup much harder as sauce will cover metcalf exclusively.

The lions have a shot to win all 4 games left. They are at jets, at Carolina, vs. Chicago and at GB. That said 3 of the 4 are on the road and the lions on the road average 18.4 ppg and 31.7 ppg at home. Granted last two road games they’ve played much better and won. I actually think the jets/lions game probably determines the fate of both of those teams. 

12 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Tbh the giants schedule is brutal.  They really have to beat Washington and the colts to get in. Or win one of those and hope the eagles clinch homefield before week 17 so we don’t play everyone the entire game. They are at Washington, at Minnesota, vs. colts and at eagles. Imo they could easily lose all 4. If they beat Washington and beat the colts then i think they likely get in at 9-7-1.

The Seahawks are at KC, vs. jets and vs. rams. The jets game might be the difference between making and missing the playoffs. Losing Lockett is pretty big. Jets are top 4 against the pass and 6th ppg allowed. I’d argue he’s their most valuable weapon on that team. If he doesn’t play that jets game, makes the matchup much harder as sauce will cover metcalf exclusively.

The lions have a shot to win all 4 games left. They are at jets, at Carolina, vs. Chicago and at GB. That said 3 of the 4 are on the road and the lions on the road average 18.4 ppg and 31.7 ppg at home. Granted last two road games they’ve played much better and won. I actually think the jets/lions game probably determines the fate of both of those teams. 

Right now I feel things are getting locked in pretty much:

1 Eagles

2 Vikings

3 SF

4 Bucs

5 Cowboys

6 Washington/Gmen

7 GMen/Washington/Lions

Seattle needed to win tonight, I don't see them catching Washington or Gmen because the Tie will give them a leg up.   Washington and GMen magic number is just 2 wins.  I didn't think 4 NFC BEAST teams could get in but the Seattle loss really opens that door.  Washington or the Giants could lose Sunday and still be in the 7th Seed.  Lions will have to be perfect down the stretch, they've lost too many games.   

29 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

Right now I feel things are getting locked in pretty much:

1 Eagles

2 Vikings

3 SF

4 Bucs

5 Cowboys

6 Washington/Gmen

7 GMen/Washington/Lions

Seattle needed to win tonight, I don't see them catching Washington or Gmen because the Tie will give them a leg up.   Washington and GMen magic number is just 2 wins.  I didn't think 4 NFC BEAST teams could get in but the Seattle loss really opens that door.  Washington or the Giants could lose Sunday and still be in the 7th Seed.  Lions will have to be perfect down the stretch, they've lost too many games.   

in fairness the lions have the easiest remaining schedule of those teams. At jets, at Carolina, vs. bears and at GB. That Gb game in week 18 might have Jordan love playing if the packers are eliminated from playoff contention. Imo that jets game this weekend is going to likely be the deciding factor in them making or missing cause i think they beat Carolina and the bears the next two weeks after this jets game  

Also i wouldn’t be shocked if the giants and Seahawks lose out. Only game the giants are likely favored in down the stretch is the colts. At Washington, at Vikings and at eagles they are likely underdog. Seattle with KC, jets and rams could also lose all three. They nearly lost to the rams with wolford at QB. Baker for all his flaws is still an upgrade over wolford.  

6 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Eagles and BIG D!CK NICK faced an end of prime Matt Ryan and Case Keenum before taking down the GOATS BB and Tom Brady in the Super Bowl.  While the 2022 Eagles might make their path look easy on the way to the Super Bowl they will also make it look easy in the Super Bowl no matter who they play from the AFC if they are able to stay relatively healthy.  When it is all said and done I think this years team gets look at historically as one of the all time great teams in league history.  I think they win by 10+ points every game they play in the postseason including the Super Bowl.  

8 hours ago, MillerTime said:

You have multiple QBs who are about to get extended and the Sunday Ticket increasing money. If you’re not going to sign him this offseason then you trade him and bring in someone new while you have the resources. Because let’s say he does terrible next year and you do save the contract. Then you lose any resource you would have got out of a trade and we didn’t use the top 5 pick we have to replace him. Hurts will not go into next season on this team without a new contract. It would cost the team a fortune in either money or resources to wait.

Your terms are acceptable

If we win the super bowl go ahead and sign hurts, take advantage of the year or two we have before it screws us. I'd easily trade a super bowl (possibly two if we're lucky) for a horrible contract

20 minutes ago, devpool said:

If we win the super bowl go ahead and sign hurts, take advantage of the year or two we have before it screws us. I'd easily trade a super bowl (possibly two if we're lucky) for a horrible contract

yessir, too many cap scientists on here who only worry about the future, they got a legit chance this year too win it all with hurts this year, who know what happens next year, sign him if they win, take the gamble this year

43 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

yessir, too many cap scientists on here who only worry about the future, they got a legit chance this year too win it all with hurts this year, who know what happens next year, sign him if they win, take the gamble this year

The logic is broken here.   IF they already have WON, then what is the gamble being taken this year? 

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

The logic is broken here.   IF they already have WON, then what is the gamble being taken this year? 

its early,  I need more coffee

1 minute ago, UndyTaker said:

Last day at my current job. On to bigger better things! Happy Friday b!tches

I did that last year, quit a job that I had forever, moved on to something better, good luck

IMO the Niners/Eagles are it. Niners are really good. I think the Eagles can probably beat them at home but that team is no joke. 

1 hour ago, devpool said:

Everyone says that.  Then the year after winning the super bowl everyone wants to fire Howie. :lol:

1 minute ago, Estasi said:

IMO the Niners/Eagles are it. Niners are really good. I think the Eagles can probably beat them at home but that team is no joke. 

Every week in this thread people find a new team to be scared of. 

I'm so sick of it. 

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

I'm so sick of it. 

:blink: 

He didn't say he was scared of them.  And who are the other teams that people have been 'scared of', in your estimation?

4 minutes ago, Estasi said:

It could be a trap game.

15 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

He didn't say he was scared of them.  And who are the other teams that people have been 'scared of', in your estimation?

Teamrocket

27 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Every week people seem scared. Scared of Henry running wild on us, scared of the Cowboys, scared of green bays run game….the eagles are so good that people are just looking for something to cling to it seems.

I don’t think the niners are all that good. A good defense sure, but I like our O against them. And I sure as hell like out D against their O. Same with Dallas. 

6 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Every week people seem scared. Scared of Henry running wild on us, scared of the Cowboys, scared of green bays run game….the eagles are so good that people are just looking for something to cling to it seems.

I don’t think the niners are all that good. A good defense sure, but I like our O against them. And I sure as hell like out D against their O. Same with Dallas. 

Commanders will be an interesting one this week. They have the D to minimize Purdy’s effectiveness, it’s just a matter of if they can run on SF. But if the 9ers lose another game this year, this is the one

I never did get that final 2%. Probably back down to about 85-90% at this point. 

46 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I'm so sick of it. 

Niners are really good though. Cowboys meh, and the rest of the NFC is obviously meh but if there’s a team other than the Eagles that can go to the bowl I think it’s the Niners. Defense will travel in the cold. 

Archived