EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

5 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

For coach of the year, it appears Sirianni is currently odds on favorite.

If Dan Campbell turns around the Lions who started 1-6 and makes the playoffs, he’ll be a strong contender.

Does Shanny enter the picture if they get the 2 seed? Down to his 3rd string QB and they just keep winning (though I don’t think they’re as good as they’ve looked)

I think year-to-year narrative has a big impact on that one, why Belichick, Dungy, and Reid didn’t keep winning it. 9ers just made the NFCCG, while the eagles already have more wins through week 14 than all of last year.

Lions though, it’ll be tough to say whether Campbell is a half-the-year CotY or the full year CotY. A 7-loss coach hasn’t gotten that award in over 30 years

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, downundermike said:

Pete Carroll might get some run.

They’re .500 and probably won’t make the playoffs. Highly unlikely.

2 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

I think year-to-year narrative has a big impact on that one, why Belichick, Dungy, and Reid didn’t keep winning it. 9ers just made the NFCCG, while the eagles already have more wins through week 14 than all of last year.

Lions though, it’ll be tough to say whether Campbell is a half-the-year CotY or the full year CotY. A 7-loss coach hasn’t gotten that award in over 30 years

Craziest coach of the year in 30 years!

2 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

They’re .500 and probably won’t make the playoffs. Highly unlikely.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Pete Carroll might get some run.

image.png.c87853d9fff85b3a63af45a1c4b213ea.png

5 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I can’t believe we have to have a Blog definition of what close is. 

If you didn’t pick and choose when analytics apply, the argument would never gain legs 

I think COTY is Sirianni and it's not even close. There was some early on guys making a push but have fell off. Sirianni has remained constant. 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

I think COTY is Sirianni and it's not even close. There was some early on guys making a push but have fell off. Sirianni has remained constant. 

👀

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

If you didn’t pick and choose when analytics apply, the argument would never gain legs 

Nonsense. Believing in analytics doesn’t mean you blindly believe in all analytics. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/cowboys/2022/12/16/odell-beckham-jr-join-cowboys-jerry-jones/10908524002/

"Odell’s going to join us,” Cowboys owner Jerry Jones told USA TODAY Sports on Thursday. "There’s a good chance he will, with the complete goal of getting ready for a playoff game or two, and then I’ll look to the future. But most of it being about now.”

Jones didn’t reveal financial details, but said he expects that the star wide receiver – coming off ACL surgery after being injured in Super Bowl 56 for the Los Angeles Rams -- will be signed to a contract for the rest of this season.

A playoff game or two huh? Aim high, Jerry

Just now, Aerolithe_Lion said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/cowboys/2022/12/16/odell-beckham-jr-join-cowboys-jerry-jones/10908524002/

"Odell’s going to join us,” Cowboys owner Jerry Jones told USA TODAY Sports on Thursday. "There’s a good chance he will, with the complete goal of getting ready for a playoff game or two, and then I’ll look to the future. But most of it being about now.”

Jones didn’t reveal financial details, but said he expects that the star wide receiver – coming off ACL surgery after being injured in Super Bowl 56 for the Los Angeles Rams -- will be signed to a contract for the rest of this season.

A playoff game or two huh? Aim high, Jerry

To be fair, he did say two.

Also, @TorontoEagle, as I said earlier, just because the Eagles had an 80 percent win probability, that doesn’t mean the game was close. I think you’re really putting way too much stock into that number.

Just now, ManuManu said:

Also, @TorontoEagle, as I said earlier, just because the Eagles had an 80 percent win probability, that doesn’t mean the game was close. I think you’re really putting way too much stock into that number.

Yeah well 60% of the time it works every time! 

12 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Who else remembers the argument that even if Landon Dickerson goes on to have a Hall of Fame career for the Eagles, it was still a bad pick early in round two because he had been injured so often in college and that was a risk a four win team should not be taking?

I certainly do.

Haha I do not. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yeah well 60% of the time it works every time! 

They’ve done studies, you know. 

2 hours ago, WentzFan11 said:

Hurts is having a great year. I still don’t think we should sign him long term, but that will probably happen if we win at least one playoff game. 

I think they should let him play out 2023 before giving him an extension.   If he continues to play well next year or play even better than give him an extension. 

2 hours ago, RLC said:

We really live rent-free in their heads. They should worry more about the Jags.

There's a portion of this fan base that is obsessed with all things Dallas as well.

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

It was 80% minimum the entire 2nd half. That’s a pretty good indicator of a dominating performance. Considering the 363 rushing yards on the day as well 

46 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Go Nate herbig at 4 

I still think Herbig is a solid player.  I would rather have him than Opeta.  

Just now, TorontoEagle said:

It was 80% minimum the entire 2nd half. That’s a pretty good indicator of a dominating performance. Considering the 363 rushing yards on the day as well 

You can point to all the different things you want, but the scoreboard said it was a one-score game midway through the fourth that required the Eagles to salt the game away with a FG drive. That’s what defines a close game, not "win probability” and rushing yardage. 

21 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I can’t believe we have to have a Blog definition of what close is. 

close.

to put (something) in a position to obstruct an entrance, opening, etc.; shut.
to stop or obstruct (a gap, entrance, aperture, etc.):to close a hole in a wall with plaster.

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

You can point to all the different things you want, but the scoreboard said it was a one-score game midway through the fourth that required the Eagles to salt the game away with a FG drive. That’s what defines a close game, not "win probability” and rushing yardage. 

Was the Lions game close ??

13 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

To be fair, he did say two.

"I’m hopeful we can get into some important games and have some Deion Sanders-type results,” Jones said. "Could this be possible to have a great player like that get in two or three playoff games and make some significant plays? I think very much so. That’s not an exaggerated thought at all."

1 minute ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

"I’m hopeful we can get into some important games and have some Deion Sanders-type results,” Jones said. "Could this be possible to have a great player like that get in two or three playoff games and make some significant plays? I think very much so. That’s not an exaggerated thought at all."

I was joking because anything above one playoff game is aiming high for the Cowboys

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I was joking because anything above one playoff game is aiming high for the Cowboys

I don’t think he’s so out of bounds there though. Deion is what, like…. 52?

Archived