EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

13 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m guessing mcphearson fails too but i really just can’t take Scott there anymore. I’ve seen enough when maddox has missed time. I rather take a shot at mcphearson and hope he can swim then just keep going scott. That said hen CJGJ comes back i think you just play him in the slot and keep Blankenship at safety as the best option. 

I've definitely seen enough of Scott as well, he's been a liability at nickel and Safety yet Gannon thinks since he can play both it gives him an advantage, it does not.

I'd rather any body else be given a shot at this point, at nickel or 3rd safety.

McPherson must really be struggling if he can't get on the field over Scott.

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Completely different situations. CJGJ was "out indefinitely” because it’s all about how fast his kidney heals. They also said at the time he doesn’t need surgery and could be back in time for the post season. With Maddox they aren’t going to say "significant” and "out indefinitely” just for him to be ready in 3 weeks for the playoffs. If that was the case they would have worded it similar to Lane Johnson. Out for the regular season and we’ll see if he can play in the post season. 

Well, that is what I think they meant by indefinitely.  They don't know how long it will keep him out just as they really know with CJGJ.  If it was broken and needed several months if healing or needed surgery, you'd think they would just say he is done for the year.  But, then again you'd have to been Nosotradamus to know what is meant by their injury wording.  

35 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Peters was a liability for several years here before he finally left.  Everyone just remembers his time at a HOF level.  That time was over in 2017.

Peters was PFF’s top ranked offensive tackle through week 6 in 2017. He got hurt week 7. 

2 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

Peters was PFF’s top ranked offensive tackle through week 6 in 2017. He got hurt week 7. 

PFF

16 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I've definitely seen enough of Scott as well, he's been a liability at nickel and Safety yet Gannon thinks since he can play both it gives him an advantage, it does not.

I'd rather any body else be given a shot at this point, at nickel or 3rd safety.

McPherson must really be struggling if he can't get on the field over Scott.

Yeah try out McPherson.  Anything is better than Scott and his matador defense.

Saw that "Strap" LeBlanc is still out there.  He posted that he is ready to roll the other day on social media.  He has played nickel.  Might be an option.  

3 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

PFF

Lane is at 2 this year behind Trent Williams. Do you think that sounds fairly accurate? 

19 minutes ago, Cliftoma said:

Saw that "Strap" LeBlanc is still out there.  He posted that he is ready to roll the other day on social media.  He has played nickel.  Might be an option.  

Blankenship at safety and CJ at slot. Scott or Wallace seeing significant playing time will be the death of this team. 

22 minutes ago, Cliftoma said:

Yup, saw that about Strap as well 

Always liked him, he's no all pro but he's tough and I can't imagine he'd be worse than Scott.

39 minutes ago, Cliftoma said:

Well, that is what I think they meant by indefinitely.  They don't know how long it will keep him out just as they really know with CJGJ.  If it was broken and needed several months if healing or needed surgery, you'd think they would just say he is done for the year.  But, then again you'd have to been Nosotradamus to know what is meant by their injury wording.  

Just from seeing how he injured it, to how he didn’t put any weight on the one side of the foot to him being immobilized in a walking boot I think it’s likely he has turf toe and being "significant” means grade 2 or 3. I think it’s likely he ends up on IR since we have to make moves to bring others back and if that’s the case the first round bye is actually a disadvantage because it would mean the earliest Maddox can come back would be for the Super Bowl. So could just be something like that. I guess we’ll see. 

McPhearson not playing is a little concerning. He's clearly more physically equipped than Scott and he's shown toughness on STs.

9 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yup, saw that about Strap as well 

Always liked him, he's no all pro but he's tough and I can't imagine he'd be worse than Scott.

The last time LeBlanc was on an NFL main roster was with the Eagles. He’s not good. 

27 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

PFF

I don't always give much credence to PFF but when I do its to their OL grades.

Peters was playing well in 2017, he was still a beast in the run game and still moved well in pass pro.

Seems after 2017 he couldn't stay healthy and had lost a bit in pass pro but was still pretty good there.

Having Vaitai instead of Peter's in no way was ever an upgrade.

Also of mention Seumalo who sucked at LG that year started the first 6 games before being replaced by Wiznewski, who while no all pro was miles better than Seumalo that year.

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

The last time LeBlanc was on an NFL main roster was with the Eagles. He’s not good. 

Either is Scott, hell I'd be willing to call Rod Hood up and see what he's doing, Scott has just been brutal.

I mean seriously how could Mcpherson be any worse than Scott, how could Strap?

Imagine being so bad they had to hire a time clock management guy to begin with; and then he takes your job lol

14 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

McPhearson not playing is a little concerning. He's clearly more physically equipped than Scott and he's shown toughness on STs.

Yup, I mean McPherson has shown some stuff on teams but for whatever reason Gannon loves him some Scott even though Scott gets totally abused on a weekly basis.

8 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I don't always give much credence to PFF but when I do its to their OL grades.

Peters was playing well in 2017, he was still a beast in the run game and still moved well in pass pro.

Seems after 2017 he couldn't stay healthy and had lost a bit in pass pro but was still pretty good there.

Having Vaitai instead of Peter's in no way was ever an upgrade.

Also of mention Seumalo who sucked at LG that year started the first 6 games before being replaced by Wiznewski, who while no all pro was miles better than Seumalo that year.

40 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

Lane is at 2 this year behind Trent Williams. Do you think that sounds fairly accurate? 

I will die on the "Jason Peters sucked worse and much longer than anyone is willing to admit” hill.

8 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Either is Scott, hell I'd be willing to call Rod Hood up and see what he's doing, Scott has just been brutal.

I mean seriously how could Mcpherson be any worse than Scott, how could Strap?

I’m not defending Scott, he’s bad too. It’s just insane to me how many people are talking about signing him when he can’t even make the Texans roster. Pretty sure the main highlight of his career and the reason people talk about him is because he wore a ski mask that one time. 

I’d rather have Anthony Harris play S and move CJGJ back to slot. 

4 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I will die on the "Jason Peters sucked worse and much longer than anyone is willing to admit” hill.

Good luck. Really dumb hill to die on. 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I’m not defending Scott, he’s bad too. It’s just insane to me how many people are talking about signing him when he can’t even make the Texans roster. Pretty sure the main highlight of his career and the reason people talk about him is because he wore a ski mask that one time. 

I’d rather have Anthony Harris play S and move CJGJ back to slot. 

I'd be fine with Harris at safety and CGJ at nickel, or even Blankenship at safety and CGJ at nickel, or my mom at nickel and CGJ at safety.

Anybody but Scott anywhere 

7 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I'd be fine with Harris at safety and CGJ at nickel, or even Blankenship at safety and CGJ at nickel, or my mom at nickel and CGJ at safety.

Anybody but Scott anywhere 

I hear it’s even easier to go deep on her than Scott.

16 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

His play fell off in 2018. 34 allowed pressures that season which was the second worst in his career. Never felt like the same player after the injury in 2017. 

Archived