EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, schuy7 said:

Winning the Super Bowl with Nick Foles is so ridiculous. Makes no sense.

Looking back, it was one of the most unconventional teams to do so along with the circumstances they had.

Probably why they did not sustain it.

1 minute ago, schuy7 said:

It'd make more sense if we had a ridiculous defense performance. The fact that he had a HoF worthy playoff performance and carried us is bizarre.

8 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

He’s only great when he plays for the eagles. Makes it more ridiculous i played basketball with him at the rec/Mckale center here when he was in college. 

Just now, schuy7 said:

Yep. Call me a negladelphian but the win over the Falcons didn’t even do anything for me. I started drinking the cool aide after halftime of the NFCCG 

In 2017 the Eagles not only won a SB with this QB against the GOAT QB/coach combination, but beat the #1 defense in the NFL in blowout fashion the game before, lost their MVP QB at the end of the season, among several other key players, had a ball bounce off a knee right to Torrey Smith in the divisional round that ended up being the difference in the game, Foles recovered his own fumble around the goal line.

We will never see a team lose an MVP caliber QB and go on to win a Super Bowl with a marginal backup again in our lifetimes and your children won't see it happen again either. It's that unlikely.

And somehow Philly fans still will pout and cry like they have the worst luck in the world and the sports gods are out to get them.

1 minute ago, pisceschica said:

Who was that running back that I believe was drafted by the saints and was injured during the 2017 run?

Sproles? 

1 minute ago, bitbased said:

Colts receivers are so bad. Foles has virtually nowhere to throw most of the downs.

I know some on here were high on Pittman.  I never felt he was that good.  Solid WR but nothing special.   Same with Chase Claypool.

12 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Sproles? 

I’d have said that except that the chargers drafted sproles 

5 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

I know some on here were high on Pittman.  I never felt he was that good.  Solid WR but nothing special.   Same with Chase Claypool.

He's fine but definitely nothing gamebreaking. I'd definitely take him over Quez though lol

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’d have said that except that the chargers drafted sproles 

Yea, it was the closest to the description that I could think of. One of the rare instances where letting a RB walk didn’t make much sense. 

34 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I sure hope so. I know cutting Togiai upset @ManuManu but if the Colts challenges broke him I’m concerned. 

I am a broken and defeated man. 

Tom Brady still can't get over losing that SB to the Eagles. Honestly, as much as I want to knock Dallas out of the playoffs, being the final team that Tom Brady ever loses to if he retires after this season would be just as sweet.

8 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

I didn't get to watch the Colts game. Did they run RPOs with Foles?

Only if RPO stands for Really Pathetic Offense

I really want a mahomes/Allen/burrow vs. Herbert wild card matchup. 

10 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

Only if RPO stands for Really Pathetic Offense

Starting Foles and not spamming RPOs is really dumb, so it's not surprising Saturday didn't do it.

if the chargers get bosa and slater back for the postseason that makes them even more dangerous. Slater when healthy is a top 5 LT and bosa gives them a pretty lethal pass rush with Mack 

Archived