EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

29 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

So theyre still gonna say he passed concussion protocol last week?  Thats F'ed up man.  That was not a hard hit

That was essentially a belly to back suplex and he landed on the back of his head. 

Those contorted fingers are a sign of neurological trauma. 

This kid should NOT have been on that field tonight after Sunday. 

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

Not watching, what did I miss with Tua?

You may have missed the end of his season, possibly career. 

F5A8A4D1-FA85-4DBE-9143-EFF73B9AA6FA.png

602CB69D-F25C-4E35-B0C0-8C4E4E99C061.png

E76D9A4D-26A4-48EA-AB4F-79AB9C33EA50.png

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

He was whipped around, slammed to the ground and hit his head. He ended up basically being knocked out cold and had a fencing response which is a sign of a severe concussion.

Just now, eagle45 said:

Was snapped back on his shouldsrd/neck/head onto the ground and immediately his hands clenched up oddly in front of his face and then he was out cold.  Taken out on a stretcher never moving. Last update sounded super somber was he has head and neck injuries and is being taken to a trauma center but there was no mention of him being able to move his limbs. 

6 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Not sure. Its not very impressive.

But we should be able to stretch it a lot further than that. The schedule is favorable. 

Yeah. Not sure why they didnt. I didnt pay attention to where he was on the field. Maybe it was close? Probably no sense in driving it like 30 yards if thats all it was. 

play with tua happened right at midfield. They had go 50 yards and through the end zone with tua to get to the ambulance. 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Never had a howling issue with our beagle. Our basset is a pure bread and he’s 11 and other than being old, rather healthy.  A mini golden doodle is what we were looking at.  I want one.  Laying around and chasing balls?  Ok, cool with me.  

But I think she’ll want another beagle and just deal with the allergies.  She really misses our last beagle and she’s infatuated with this beagle rescue deal.  Which scares me because you never know what kind of health issues they have.   Worst thing about beagles is their one of the worst begging breeds I have seen.  We used to have to put ours away for us to eat dinner.  

Rye? Pumpernickel? Inquiring minds want to know. :lol:

Doesn’t he need to be cleared by an independent neurologist to play? Can’t all be on Miami’s medical staff if that’s the way it is

9 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

who is that guy?

He's an author and neuroscientist and founder of a CTE foundation so his voice should carry some weight in the matter.

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

play with tua happened right at midfield. They had go 50 yards and through the end zone with tua to get to the ambulance. 

Not sure the thought process there. Could be that you cant drive an ambulance on turf, like you can grass. I actually dont know that because we have no turf at my school.

Just now, Sack that QB said:

Doesn’t he need to be cleared by an independent neurologist to play? Can’t all be on Miami’s medical staff if that’s the way it is

he was apparently not in concussion protocol. So dont see why he would need to be cleared by a neurologist.

Now, WHY he wasnt in the concussion protocol? That is a hell of a question. 

Just watched…he’s most likely "fine.”  Fencing response is a transient abnormal reflex when someone is acutely concussed; that’s what this looked like.  Posturing is a different animal entirely and this definitely wasn’t that.  He’s got multiple concussions in a short time frame and all the nastiness that goes with that, but there probably isn’t a severe injury here.

Just now, Sack that QB said:

They said they tested him twice during the bills game and was not on concussion protocol during the week. So not sure if they are still required to at least have him go get checked anyways 

Just now, eagle45 said:

Just watched…he’s most likely "fine.”  Fencing response is a transient abnormal reflex when someone is acutely concussed; that’s what this looked like.  Posturing is a different animal entirely and this definitely wasn’t that.  He’s got multiple concussions in a short time frame and all the nastiness that goes with that, but there probably isn’t a severe injury here.

We have seen athletes with that response before, and return.

Its just a really bad look when they act like he didnt have a concussion last week and then you see a guy suffer another obvious head injury the very next week. 

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I can admit I probably edit more posts in here than anyone.  Don’t care to correct it now.  But I will.  Yeesh.  

I do my fair share too when I’m on mobile. During the day I’m on my laptop, far less typos. Just yanking your chain. Lol

2 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

Never gave a thumbs up when he was being hauled off 

He saw you looking and said to himself "F that guy”

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Never had a howling issue with our beagle. Our basset is a pure bread and he’s 11 and other than being old, rather healthy.  A mini golden doodle is what we were looking at.  I want one.  Laying around and chasing balls?  Ok, cool with me.  

But I think she’ll want another beagle and just deal with the allergies.  She really misses our last beagle and she’s infatuated with this beagle rescue deal.  Which scares me because you never know what kind of health issues they have.   Worst thing about beagles is their one of the worst begging breeds I have seen.  We used to have to put ours away for us to eat dinner.  

That sounds about right, my friends beagles were wider than that were tall because he fed them so much and yeah they were always begging.

That's awesome about your Bassett, they're such great dogs!

But yeah doodles are definitely better for owners with allergies.

We've just had a lot of bad experiences with doodles at the dog park, they are horny buggers and my dog she's not about that life she just wants to play and she gets pretty pissed off. Every body at the dog park calls them hump dogs.

But as said the smaller ones don't seem to be as much of a problem as the big ones.

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

We have seen athletes with that response before, and return.

Its just a really bad look when they act like he didnt have a concussion last week and then you see a guy suffer another obvious head injury the very next week. 

I don’t entirely trust the concussion clearance mechanism in the nfl.

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Well.  He gave us a bent ring finger crossed with his thumb.  Sheesh.  Isn’t that enough?  

No I’m good.  And I’m on my mobile.  Which is where I do my worst work.  Fat fingers and all. 

:lol: ditto. I’ve got big fingers too, but definitely not as flexible as Tua’s. 

13 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

You may have missed the end of his season, possibly career. 

F5A8A4D1-FA85-4DBE-9143-EFF73B9AA6FA.png

602CB69D-F25C-4E35-B0C0-8C4E4E99C061.png

E76D9A4D-26A4-48EA-AB4F-79AB9C33EA50.png

Looks like when an mma fighter gets ko'ed not good.

2 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

He saw you looking and said to himself "F that guy”

You humped your pet cat

Archived