EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

As sure handed as a outer returned that we have had in years? Lmao he literally muffed a punt. What a ridiculous statement. 

It's not too late to being someone in.  We aren't asking someone to learn an offense or defensive scheme. Covey isn't good enough that the Eagles should just settle on him as the PR and the they should be trying to find someone who can do better.  Same for kick returns, Quez is obviously not it at KR.  Huntley can't contribute at RB but he should at least be brought up for KR. 

What a fan you are. Huntley isn't contributing here in any way, being that he's on the Pittsburgh Steelers. :facepalm:

2 hours ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

@justrelax

I forgot to bring this one to your attention, although I'm pretty sure it made you smile.

Jason Kelce is, and always will be, my favorite Eagle.

2 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

I posted numerous photos, but dope 4for4 must of been cucked once cause he didnt like that I was banging a married chic

I mean...weird thing to be boisterous of.

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No they aren't.  Not even close.  As much goofy ish that goes on in here, it is nothing compared to TATE.  If you go out there, don't go alone.  Or at least tie a rope around your waste before you leave.  

I dunno...if I try to tie a rope around one of my morning dumps, I don't think it'll hold well.

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

That is a unique set-up.  Not everyone has that.   Well done by you to have it that way.

The person who designed and built our house ... and then lived in it for 10+ years ... was a University of California engineer.  Lots of interesting design/build features in the house.  We've been in it since 1998, and even though we are 80 and 75 hope to be here another 10-15 ... the life expectancy of our new cocker spaniels.

Dazzle and Whitney and the sunflowers.jpeg

1 minute ago, mattwill said:

The person who designed and built our house ... and then lived in it for 10+ years ... was a University of California engineer.  Lots of interesting design/build features in the house.  We've been in it since 1998, and even though we are 80 and 75 hope to be here another 10-15 ... the life expectancy of our new cocker spaniels.

Wait...you're 80 years old?

I realised the other day that the 53rd roster spot is for Dillard - they IRd him to leave it open in case of emergency, but if it ain't filled by now, not sure (outside of Covey/Returner) that it will be filled until he is ready to return.

13 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

A. We won’t be here long

B. I don’t want trees that close to my pool.  

C. Thank you 

No problem - Are you looking at beaches in SC or NC? 

3 minutes ago, mattwill said:

No.  She is.  I'm 75.

Tell her she's a cradle robber for me. :lol:

25 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

He also threw a touchdown.  But the biggest thing, and this might come as a shock to you given your football acumen, is that there is alot more to the QB position and it's a position that you actually develop at over time. 

So you’re a hypocrite. Got it. 

58 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Let's get LeGarrett to un-retire.  

:lol:

....He didn't fail us first time around...

You think he's still huge and Fast?

Probably just huge....:whistle:

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

It's not just you that's how it works.  The oven vents heat into the room it is located in, unless you have a specially installed oven with an outdoor vent.  Even if you have an exterior vent fan above your oven, that's only going to be so efficient at venting the excess heat from the oven outside.  And only if it is actually vented outside.  Many fans are set up to recirculate the air back into the kitchen and are just to 'scrub' the air of particulate, rather than actually venting the air.

I generally try not to use my oven in the summer months as well.  It is hot outside, and that can be a bit unpleasant, but I can use my smoker to 'set it and forget it' for a lot of things or just keep an eye on it from time to time and not have to baby sit it.  This allows me to not have my AC unit have to work at full blast when the temp differences inside and outside are at their greatest difference.   Similarly, I like to use my oven in the winter to cook large roasts, etc. because then the oven helps to heat the house and I can just use my Heating unit to circulate the air around rather than heating it.   

@mattwill   I have friends who live in the Valley of the Sun, and deal with similar temps to you.  Their plan for summer cooking is also to cook outside rather than inside.  They have a shaded area outside their kitchen with a grill and pellet smoker (bluetooth connected) so that they don't have to sit outside with it either and can heat their food out there, without having to tax their AC unit as much either.  And they only grill in the evening, after the temps have dropped back down to the low 100s, or even high 90s.  

Ultimately, everyone has to do what they feel they can afford and are willing to deal with.  Personally, I prefer dealing with a little extra heat outside cooking the food outdoors in the summer and feeling the refreshing cool of the AC when I return than having to pay to cool the excess heat that my oven or stovetop would create.    I also do a fair amount of sous vide cooking in the summer or Instapot when I just don't want to go outside.  This also limits the heat in the house.   I set up the Instapot outside and vent it outside when the food is done to keep the excess moisture out of the house as well.   

Science!

Now can you explain the relevance of Dew Points? :smoke:

44 minutes ago, mattwill said:

Beauties.

42 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Tell her she's a cradle robber for me. :lol:

That’s a Cross she has been bearing for 40 years 

38 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

NC. Closer to the beach. Between Wilmington and Myrtle.  Leland area maybe. Our home value needs to start to go back up again before I sell.  

From talking to people in RDU area, it seems prices have sort of plateaued.  People aren't putting down crazy amounts in earnest money any more for houses.   I like the Wilmington area and I think that side of New Brunswick is seeing a lot of growth.  

28 minutes ago, Doc S. said:

:lol:

....He didn't fail us first time around...

You think he's still huge and Fast?

Probably just huge....:whistle:

The can just tie Boston Scott to one leg and Gainwell to the other to add speed.  

Game prediction @LeanMeanGM

Before anybody gets twisted, this will sit in his Inbox until he's safe and ready to document again. Nerd Science!

Doug will get the Cheers initially, the Jags will get the Boos.

Rain should be gone, regular field conditions. Lawrence is a gamer, no doubt, but our D Line is smokin people right now.

Secondary is holding up. Limits his choices. LBs need to cover underneath and the rest should take care of itself. Our Run D is respectable and we should get to the QB a few times.

I think we have too many weapons on O for the Jags to handle. As long as Hurts takes care of the ball, which he has so far, we shouldn't have problems putting points up. Hope we can get some scores in the second half, that'd be nice.

Not as close as the Final score looks, Eagles outplay the visiting Jags across the board.

Some media types calling this the biggest test the Jags will face this season. Nice to be recognized as a tough out.

Line now is Eagles -6.5, O/U 47.5

Give me

Eagles   28

Jags      17

:Eagle_smiley:  :usa:

1 hour ago, NCiggles said:

No, but I have a solution.  Broadwell's Nursery in Angier,  7110 Old Stage Rd N, Angier, NC 27501  You can buy trees there for cheap.  For double the price, they used to plant them for you.  I am not talking about the bs little trees they sell at Lowes or Home Depot.  This is a wholesale place but they sell direct.  It's a good time to plant.  You could look at red maples or pin oaks if you want something that is relatively fast growing.  

Wait, NC is too hot to grill in the summer?  I lived in Houston.  We grilled all year long.  Moved up to PA and watch some folks put their grills away in September.  I grill all year long.  When the weather is below about 35, it will impact the grilling time.  Sometimes I have to dig a path in the snow.  Now smoking below about 40 gets a little difficult in keeping the temperature steady using charcoal and wood. But I have never thought it was too hot outside to grill or smoke. 

50 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Hi Reggie.  @Bacarty2, you might not like this. Too bad for you, he looks to be in good health.  

That dog could be a lot cuter. If it was dead.

/bacarty

4 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Wait, NC is too hot to grill in the summer?  I lived in Houston.  We grilled all year long.  Moved up to PA and watch some folks put their grills away in September.  I grill all year long.  When the weather is below about 35, it will impact the grilling time.  Sometimes I have to dig a path in the snow.  Now smoking below about 40 gets a little difficult in keeping the temperature steady using charcoal and wood. But I have never thought it was too hot outside to grill or smoke. 

I didn't know I had to mothball my grill in September.

Who knew? Never said that in the Owner's Manual.

Guess I been doin it wrong all this time...

Love cooking out back in the snow, watching that BBQ sauce sizzle...

1 minute ago, mattwill said:

They keep us young … most of the time 🤫

Doggies...Innocent...Unconditional.

People could learn a few things from them.

19 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

From talking to people in RDU area, it seems prices have sort of plateaued.  People aren't putting down crazy amounts in earnest money any more for houses.   I like the Wilmington area and I think that side of New Brunswick is seeing a lot of growth.  

Triangle is expanding because of the tech companies. Apple is putting in 1 billion for a campus in Raleigh. I know a few other huge companies are expanding too

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

Triangle is expanding because of the tech companies. Apple is putting in 1 billion for a campus in Raleigh. I know a few other huge companies are expanding too

Thanks, didn't know about Apple's plans.

My sister and her husband both work in Medicine in the Triangle. Already a Major Tech Center and Internationally recognized Research Environment. They hadn't mentioned Apple yet but so much going on there nowadays. 

Long ride from the Tobacco fields of 1770.

All good here health wise guys. Only have some fallen trees and missing a part of my backyard fence, if anyone has seen it. But most importantly, family is safe, just checked on my folks and sister, and they are all fine as well. 

However, we were extremely lucky. Parts of my area are completely destroyed/just gone. Some parts do look apocalyptic. It’s a very strange feeling to wake up to low flying search and rescue helicopters flying by every few mins. I also wasn’t expecting abandoned/partially destroyed boats to be blocking coastal roads. Fort Myers Beach looks like a nuke was dropped on it. Buildings/restaurants just completely leveled. Pier destroyed. If anyone is familiar with the Times Square area, it is all completely just gone. People are still being rescued off Sanibel/Captiva by boat because the causeway was destroyed from storm surge and people can’t get on or off. 

I saw some tagging me with predictions. It’s fine, but if anyone wants to take over recording them, be my guest. I don’t have power, internet or even safe running water at the moment and don’t know when it’s coming back, so I don’t know when I’ll be able to get to them. I can only post this because I found a parking lot that has two bars of service. 

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

All good here health wise guys. Only have some fallen trees and missing a part of my backyard fence, if anyone has seen it. But most importantly, family is safe, just checked on my folks and sister, and they are all fine as well. 

However, we were extremely lucky. Parts of my area are completely destroyed/just gone. Some parts do look apocalyptic. It’s a very strange feeling to wake up to low flying search and rescue helicopters flying by every few mins. I also wasn’t expecting abandoned/partially destroyed boats to be blocking coastal roads. Fort Myers Beach looks like a nuke was dropped on it. Buildings/restaurants just completely leveled. Pier destroyed. If anyone is familiar with the Times Square area, it is all completely just gone. People are still being rescued off Sanibel/Captiva by boat because the causeway was destroyed from storm surge and people can’t get on or off. 

I saw some tagging me with predictions. It’s fine, but if anyone wants to take over recording them, be my guest. I don’t have power, internet or even safe running water at the moment and don’t know when it’s coming back, so I don’t know when I’ll be able to get to them. I can only post this because I found a parking lot that has two bars of service. 

Great to 'see' you.  Family is safe, the rest is replaceable.

Archived