EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

1 hour ago, Bacarty2 said:

Stove top?...stove... 

I guess I'm in the minority. As far back as I remember, grandparents, parents, my first apt, my home now. When I hear the oven to 350-400 for 40-60 minutes it makes my kitchen noticeable warmer. 

It's not just you that's how it works.  The oven vents heat into the room it is located in, unless you have a specially installed oven with an outdoor vent.  Even if you have an exterior vent fan above your oven, that's only going to be so efficient at venting the excess heat from the oven outside.  And only if it is actually vented outside.  Many fans are set up to recirculate the air back into the kitchen and are just to 'scrub' the air of particulate, rather than actually venting the air.

I generally try not to use my oven in the summer months as well.  It is hot outside, and that can be a bit unpleasant, but I can use my smoker to 'set it and forget it' for a lot of things or just keep an eye on it from time to time and not have to baby sit it.  This allows me to not have my AC unit have to work at full blast when the temp differences inside and outside are at their greatest difference.   Similarly, I like to use my oven in the winter to cook large roasts, etc. because then the oven helps to heat the house and I can just use my Heating unit to circulate the air around rather than heating it.   

@mattwill   I have friends who live in the Valley of the Sun, and deal with similar temps to you.  Their plan for summer cooking is also to cook outside rather than inside.  They have a shaded area outside their kitchen with a grill and pellet smoker (bluetooth connected) so that they don't have to sit outside with it either and can heat their food out there, without having to tax their AC unit as much either.  And they only grill in the evening, after the temps have dropped back down to the low 100s, or even high 90s.  

Ultimately, everyone has to do what they feel they can afford and are willing to deal with.  Personally, I prefer dealing with a little extra heat outside cooking the food outdoors in the summer and feeling the refreshing cool of the AC when I return than having to pay to cool the excess heat that my oven or stovetop would create.    I also do a fair amount of sous vide cooking in the summer or Instapot when I just don't want to go outside.  This also limits the heat in the house.   I set up the Instapot outside and vent it outside when the food is done to keep the excess moisture out of the house as well.   

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mattwill said:

No it doesn't.  The oven enclosure is vented to the attic, not into the house.  The only heat happens when you open the oven door, once to put the roasting pan in and once to take it out.

That is a unique set-up.  Not everyone has that.   Well done by you to have it that way.

5 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Small sample size😄

Covey has a grand total of 3 games and 10 punt returns with 1 muff that he secured 

Of course you don't remember ward muffing any punts, I'm sure he did having said that gotta field em to muff em, the amount of counts ward let bounce or go over his head was so frustrating.

Desean isnt the answer , last time he attempted to field a punt for the eagles he broke his foot.

Dudes 36 years old, since 2014 he has 9 PR and along injury history, covey has 10 PR in 3 games and has been totally blasted by the cover team, desean isnt going to hold up over a full season even as just a PR.

Who else you got?

I'd be willing to give Allen a shot but apparently dude isn't very good at it.🤷‍♂️

Let Mailata do it.  Look at him; he's not a white guy nor a black guy.  Everyone should be happy:

See the source image

2 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Why do you even entertain that troll? 

🤷‍♂️.

I know I know.

Ten demerits for me...☹️

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

Let Mailata do it.  Look at him; he's not a white guy nor a black guy.  Everyone should be happy:

See the source image

Assuming he caught it that would be fun to watch.

1 hour ago, wussbasket said:

Turn on your vent.

Not all vents are actually vented outside.  Not all kitchens have vents.  

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Not all vents are actually vented outside.  Not all kitchens have vents.  

Not all those who wander are lost...

53 minutes ago, Doc S. said:

We'd be 6-0 if we had a better Punt Returner and a Big Bruising RB.... 

youre-damn-right-thats-correct.gif

49 minutes ago, Doc S. said:

The double post thing strikes again.

Probably fix itself shortly...

Still occurring...

youre-damn-right-thats-correct.gif

1 hour ago, Shalodeep said:

Look everyone! Race conversation again tied to RTK! How surprised are you guys?!

image.gif.b1845e472d24a67b68f244f50941a012.gif

17 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Small sample size😄

Covey has a grand total of 3 games and 10 punt returns with 1 muff that he secured 

Of course you don't remember ward muffing any punts, I'm sure he did having said that gotta field em to muff em, the amount of counts ward let bounce or go over his head was so frustrating.

Desean isnt the answer , last time he attempted to field a punt for the eagles he broke his foot.

Dudes 36 years old, since 2014 he has 9 PR and along injury history, covey has 10 PR in 3 games and has been totally blasted by the cover team, desean isnt going to hold up over a full season even as just a PR.

Who else you got?

I'd be willing to give Allen a shot but apparently dude isn't very good at it.🤷‍♂️

The fact that Covey already has a muff in just 3 games is not good.  He has shown nothing that shows he can be a good punt returner in preseason and his 3 games. 

And yeah DeSean isn't the answer, he would just provide an improvement over Covey.  And if he doesn't then you can get rid of him and Covey would still be available. 

I'm not a scout, I don't work in the FO.  There has to be better available option available out there.  At the very least bringing in different guys and trying them you can't get much worse than what Covey is offering. 

25 minutes ago, Utebird said:

If those same beat writers thought String looked so bad then why would they later wonder in writing why he didn't play?

If they thought he was so bad why would they think he should play???

So they could have something more to write about in the sludge that is the late preseason. 

1 hour ago, Shalodeep said:

Look everyone! Race conversation again tied to RTK! How surprised are you guys?!

Hey look, I haven't brought up race at all. It's the same low life losers calling race. 

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

The fact that Covey already has a muff in just 3 games is not good.  He has shown nothing that shows he can be a good punt returner in preseason and his 3 games. 

And yeah DeSean isn't the answer, he would just provide an improvement over Covey.  And if he doesn't then you can get rid of him and Covey would still be available. 

I'm not a scout, I don't work in the FO.  There has to be better available option available out there.  At the very least bringing in different guys and trying them you can't get much worse than what Covey is offering. 

And yet, Jalen Hurts threw an INT in Green Bay during his first full half of football before he ever became a starter. Did you write him off then? Of course not, you’re the most transparent hypocrite ever to come on these boards. 

1 hour ago, Bacarty2 said:

Wasnt there a convo about how amazing CMac is lol

image.png.e9f241748103385d6fb5c2620ca16e4f.png

I said that he looked pretty good in the last 2 games.  He has looked good but it's clear his body just can't hold up to the position.  

1 hour ago, Utebird said:

Blog and TATE are the same, they're redundant...

I agree with this now. It's evolved into an all-in-one thread encompassing everything in the subforum

8 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

So they could have something more to write about in the sludge that is the late preseason. 

Yeah that's it, never mind the fact that doesn't fit the actual timeline of events but yeah sure...😒

14 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Hey look, I haven't brought up race at all. It's the same low life losers calling race. 

A race driven conversation that didn't involve you in some way shape or form would be the first one 

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I’d offer someone to come and stand in my deck in the dead heat of the summer sun and tell me how long they’d like to be out there on the grill.  Shade would be nice.  But it’s almost unbearable to grill or BBQ in the summer.  

No, but I have a solution.  Broadwell's Nursery in Angier,  7110 Old Stage Rd N, Angier, NC 27501  You can buy trees there for cheap.  For double the price, they used to plant them for you.  I am not talking about the bs little trees they sell at Lowes or Home Depot.  This is a wholesale place but they sell direct.  It's a good time to plant.  You could look at red maples or pin oaks if you want something that is relatively fast growing.  

1 minute ago, Shalodeep said:

A race driven conversation that didn't involve you in some way shape or form would be the first one 

Only one side is talking about race. 

2 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yeah that's it, never mind the fact that doesn't fit the actual timeline of events but yeah sure...😒

How does it not fit the time line of events? 

2 hours ago, NCiggles said:

I said that he looked pretty good in the last 2 games.  He has looked good but it's clear his body just can't hold up to the position.  

He's the most dynamic at his position when he's on the field and healthy. But obviously the injuries are the biggest concern. Ridiculous workload at Stanford and his first few years in CAR ran him into the ground and his size is an issue for that. 

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Only one side is talking about race. 

How does it not fit the time line of events? 

Don't worry about it bro,it's  really not worth talking about with you anymore 

So covey...?

1 hour ago, Doc S. said:

We'd be 6-0 if we had a better Punt Returner and a Big Bruising RB.... 

Let's get LeGarrett to un-retire.  

8 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

He's the most dynamic at his position when he's on the field and healthy. But obviously the injuries are the biggest concern. Ridiculous workload at Stanford and his first few years into the ground has him breaking down given his size. 

Yup.

Just another reason RBs are devalued in the league and shouldn't be drafted High or be given big second contracts 

Will be interesting to see what Eagles do with Sanders, he was a backup most of college didn't have a ton of carries at Penn St then so far in the pros hasn't been a heavy usage guy e compared to his contemporaries but he's still had his fair share of injuries as well so...🤷‍♂️

13 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

And yet, Jalen Hurts threw an INT in Green Bay during his first full half of football before he ever became a starter. Did you write him off then? Of course not, you’re the most transparent hypocrite ever to come on these boards. 

He also threw a touchdown.  But the biggest thing, and this might come as a shock to you given your football acumen, is that there is alot more to the QB position and it's a position that you actually develop at over time. 

Archived